View Poll Results: Who should be number one on this list?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harrison Barnes

    73 35.10%
  • Glen Rice

    82 39.42%
  • Kirk Hinrich

    30 14.42%
  • Raef Lafrentz

    10 4.81%
  • Nick Collison

    13 6.25%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 197
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,053
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

    All time top 5 recruiting misses

    1. Harrison Barnes- This one obviously is the biggest recruit we have ever lost out on. To have the number one recruit in the nation right under your nose growing up as a ISU fan with his mom working for the school really hurts especially when he goes to slime ball roy williams. Will be big time at UNC and in the NBA.
    Harrison Barnes - Yahoo! Sports

    2. Kirk Hinrich- We had him signed then our coach left and he bolted for one of our biggest rivals. One of the best recruits to ever come out of the state of Iowa and has had a fairly succesful NBA career.
    NBA.com : Kirk Hinrich Info Page

    3. Ivan Chiriaev- Absolute phenom from Russia that was once thought of as the next great thing for the NBA. Wayne managed to get him to sign over big time schools, before he decided to declare for the draft where he had a bust of a career, but he would have been really good at Iowa State.
    Ivan Chiriaev - Yahoo! Sports

    4. Kris Humphries- I really dont know if we had a chance to get him but we were one of three schools that he visited. Ended up having a very good career in college and in the NBA.
    Kris Humphries - Yahoo! Sports

    5. Nick Collison- Grew up very close to Ames, apparently had a good chance at him before Floyd left. Would have been huge to get as he had a great career at Kansas and a solid NBA career.

    Sleeper- Glen Rice- I dont know anything about him, but he sounds like he was good enough to challenge for the number one spot.

    So those are my top 5, is there anybody i missed?


    Last edited by Final42b; 02-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 185,838, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,383
    Points
    185,838
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    LOL at #3.

    I heard he was as good as Theo Davis. Oh what could have been



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 51,127, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,127
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Jerome Harper for basketball. Webster Patrick for football.

    /thread



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 97,774, Level: 97
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,922
    Points
    97,774
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 101

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by Final42b View Post
    1. Harrison Barnes- This one obviously is the biggest recruit we have ever lost out on. To have the number one recruit in the nation right under your nose growing up as a ISU fan with his mom working for the school really hurts especially when he goes to slime ball roy williams. Will be big time at UNC and in the NBA.
    Harrison Barnes - Yahoo! Sports

    2. Kirk Hinrich- We had him signed then our coach left and he bolted for one of our biggest rivals. One of the best recruits to ever come out of the state of Iowa and has had a fairly succesful NBA career.
    NBA.com : Kirk Hinrich Info Page

    3. Ivan Chiriaev- Absolute phenom from Russia that was once thought of as the next great thing for the NBA. Wayne managed to get him to sign over big time schools, before he decided to declare for the draft where he had a bust of a career, but he would have been really good at Iowa State.
    Ivan Chiriaev - Yahoo! Sports

    4. Kris Humphries- I really dont know if we had a chance to get him but we were one of three schools that he visited. Ended up having a very good career in college and in the NBA.
    Kris Humphries - Yahoo! Sports

    5. Sam Mack- I know he was on his to ISU untill he got arrested. Ended up being pretty good in the NBA and would have been great at ISU.

    So those are my top 5, is there anybody i missed?
    Uh, Sam played for us...not very long but he was more than a recruit.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  5. #5
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 304,799, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,336
    Points
    304,799
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 982

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Glen Rice? I keep hearing we just about had him.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 24,237, Level: 47
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,552
    Points
    24,237
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 28

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Sam Mack played at ISU for at least one year. I remember him, Victor Alexander and Mark Baugh all being sophmores and they were ranked in the top 10-15 for part of the season.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,053
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Uh, Sam played for us...not very long but he was more than a recruit.
    Oh ok i really wasnt sure about him that was a little before my time.



  8. #8
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 304,799, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,336
    Points
    304,799
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 982

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    If you are going to throw Hinrich in there, I think Collison also goes there.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,053
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    If you are going to throw Hinrich in there, I think Collison also goes there.
    Were we one of his finalists?



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by mcblogerson View Post
    Sam Mack played at ISU for at least one year. I remember him, Victor Alexander and Mark Baugh all being sophmores and they were ranked in the top 10-15 for part of the season.
    He was here for more than a year, but only played one. He was a Prop 48 player and unable to play his freshman year. He, Baugh and Big Vic could have been quite dangerous, had they all remained eligible/out of jail. Especially with the arrival of Thigpen and Doug Collins in what would have been their junior seasons.



  11. #11
    Starter LonoClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    679
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by Final42b View Post
    Oh ok i really wasnt sure about him that was a little before my time.
    interesting post considering the title you chose for the thread. oh well...


    Wear the fox hat.

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,053
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Who should I put at number 5 instead of Sam Mack?



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 13,265, Level: 34
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CycloneJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carson City
    Posts
    877
    Points
    13,265
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Glen Rice #1
    He was better than HB will be




    If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find
    them - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by Final42b View Post
    Were we one of his finalists?
    I never believed that to be true. But, it seems that information came out more recently that we were very much in the running until Floyd bolted...



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,053
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

    Re: All time top 5 recruiting misses

    Quote Originally Posted by LonoClone View Post
    interesting post considering the title you chose for the thread. oh well...
    Umm...sorry?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM