Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Does anyone know who will provide the quality depth at defensive tackle? I know that Curvey is penciled in as a starter but who will be next to him.

It looks like we will rely on true freshman Nate Frere to contibute right away. He certainly has the size @ 6-2" 285lbs. Could he be the next Nick Leaders or Jordan Carstens... Lets hope so. It also looks like Austin Alburtis has some size to contribute as well @ 260.

I am mainly concerned with teams pounding the ball up the middle and keeping our offense off the field. If we can provide an adequate/solid D-line, who knows what this team can do

I had heard some good things regarding Stephon Dale. I then heard he got into some trouble. Is he still on the team? He is still undersized for the position @ 255lbs.

I also see that Bryce Braaksma is 6-4" 270 lbs and was doing good things on the scout team last year.

Are all of these guys good enough to be solid starters/contributors for next year? It looks like they will have to be!!

Drews79

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    we have brent big play curvey, quite frankly thats all you need, man o man it'd be nice to have berryman (starts crying)

Walk On
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 10&#58;43 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> we have brent big play curvey, quite frankly thats all you need, man o man it&#39;d be nice to have berryman (starts crying) [/b][/quote]

It would be nice to have Berryman, but he was a DE, not a DT. We&#39;d still be in the same position with one really good DT and an unknown in the other spot.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Depth on the entire defensive line will be a concern this fall. I think it&#39;s still very much up in the air who will fill in around Curvey and Moorehead. I expect to see a lot of rotation at the "other" DT and DE positions for the first few games - until Skladany finds 2 guys that separate themselves from the rest.

I think Kurtis Taylor is a favorite for one of the positions - I&#39;m not sure about the other. I&#39;m having trouble keeping track of who the "new" DE&#39;s are and who the "new" DT&#39;s are.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Interesting that Drews79 mentioned Nate Frere being the next Nick Leaders or Jordan Carstens because I was wondering the same thing last night when I was watching the 2006 recruiting tape. I think he will make a big impact on our program whether it is this year or a year or two down the road. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mauiclone &#064; 07&#045;19&#045;06 12&#58;19 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Interesting that Drews79 mentioned Nate Frere being the next Nick Leaders or Jordan Carstens because I was wondering the same thing last night when I was watching the 2006 recruiting tape. I think he will make a big impact on our program whether it is this year or a year or two down the road. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

Where did you get the recruiting tape? how much did it cost?

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(root4clones &#064; 07&#045;19&#045;06 12&#58;26 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Where did you get the recruiting tape? how much did it cost?

[/b][/quote] I bought a copy of the 2006 recruiting DVD from the Football Office last spring for &#036;10.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I think that the starters for Toledo will be:

Moorehead
    Braaksma
    Curvey
    Taylor

But, Braaksma and Taylor especially will be rotated out a lot. Dale, Parker, Berg and hopefully Eboh will be mixing in. I also think that either Frere, Richardson or Alburtis will get a shot to play too.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drews79 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 10&#58;30 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Does anyone know who will provide the quality depth at defensive tackle? I know that Curvey is penciled in as a starter but who will be next to him.

It looks like we will rely on true freshman Nate Frere to contibute right away. He certainly has the size @ 6-2" 285lbs. Could he be the next Nick Leaders or Jordan Carstens... Lets hope so. It also looks like Austin Alburtis has some size to contribute as well @ 260.

I am mainly concerned with teams pounding the ball up the middle and keeping our offense off the field. If we can provide an adequate/solid D-line, who knows what this team can do

I had heard some good things regarding Stephon Dale. I then heard he got into some trouble. Is he still on the team? He is still undersized for the position @ 255lbs.

I also see that Bryce Braaksma is 6-4" 270 lbs and was doing good things on the scout team last year.

Are all of these guys good enough to be solid starters/contributors for next year? It looks like they will have to be&#33;&#33;

[/b][/quote]

Braaksma looked good in the spring game. He moved pretty quick off the line, stuffed Harris in the backfield once that I remember. He&#39;s 270 lbs and hopefully a little bigger by Fall, although it&#39;s only a month away. Dale is still small, but he&#39;s quick too. Matt Berg is another big young kid. I&#39;m still speculating that Rubin, the JC lineman could be used on defense, but he&#39;s listed as an OL on the current roster. It&#39;s too bad that JC d-lineman who would&#39;ve been a senior this year was a bust because they could&#39;ve used that scholarship on someone else who may have contributed. Oh well.

I could see Alburtis and Rashawn Parker getting on the field this year. Alburtis was a QB in high school and runs a 4.6 40. If he gets a little bigger he&#39;s gonna be a force for years to come&#33; Parker had some pretty good stats last season too, 18 sacks or some ridiculous number. Hopefully he&#39;ll make us forget about Berryman. I guess depending on depth, Frere could see time too. He&#39;s definitely got the size but I&#39;d rather see some guys who&#39;ve been in the program for a couple years on the field first.

Prospect
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    What&#39;s up with John Machado? I know he was getting some PT before his injury last season. He&#39;s a little undersized, but thought he played with alot of intensity. Has anybody heard how his injury is coming along?

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think Eboh will get playing time seeing as how he was playing as a freshman 2 years ago before he went to NIACC. What years are these other guys that have been mentioned?

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks for lthe info clonecone. I had forgot about Matt Berg. I think our Defensive Ends will be adequate and get the job done. Eboh and Moorhead should be SOLID. As I said before, D-tackle is an important spot for us. If we can make teams try to beat us around the edge we should counter that well with our athletic linebackers. I hope these young D-tackles have learned a thing or 2 from Curvey and Leaders.

It makes me cringe thinking about it.. if Curvey would get hurt for a period of time this fall.

Drews79

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    eboh and moorehead will play consistent, curvey is easily the defensive captain and leader. as long as we have an anchor the defense should be solid.Only position I&#39;m kind of worried about is safeties

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;20&#045;06 12&#58;00 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> eboh and moorehead will play consistent, curvey is easily the defensive captain and leader. as long as we have an anchor the defense should be solid.Only position I&#39;m kind of worried about is safeties [/b][/quote]

I think we will have great senior leadership on defense. We have solid experience at each position--Jackson for the DBs, Curvey and Moorehead on the DL, and Carper and Bowen at LB. If only we hadn&#39;t lost Robo. Hopefully Eboh makes it to campus. I think Kurtis Taylor will be solid opposite Moorehead if not, but we can always use the depth. As for safeties, Smith will be a stud in time. He&#39;s fast and hits hard. Banks is fast and big like a LB. Berg and Hunley have been in the program for 4 years now and seen lots of time on special teams. They need to gel those first two games&#33;

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Best hold off on getting too excited about Eboh and penciling him in. He still needs to qualify via grades...big question mark there.