IRVING, Texas – Iowa State senior guard Shellie Mosman was named to the Chick-fil-A Winter Community of Champions by the Big 12 Conference. During the fall, winter and spring terms, one student-athlete from each institution is chosen based on academics, community service and leadership/sportsmanship.

Mosman epitomizes each of these qualities for the 17th-ranked Cyclone women’s basketball team. Mosman finished her undergraduate degree in three years with a 4.0 grade-point average in finance. This year she has worked on her master’s in accounting and is on schedule to graduate in May.

“I feel honored to be recognized as a Big 12 Chick-fil-A Community Champion,” Mosman said. “Iowa State provides a great educational experience for its students. I have been blessed to have great professors, tutors, and mentors to help me find success in the classroom. Ames is also a great community with great people. It has been fun to get out and meet people who support not only Iowa State athletics, but love Iowa State women's basketball.”

More online at Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports.