Thread: new moderators

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    New moderators should be decided by a vote, both by moderators and the members of this board.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Does this have something to do with ISUFan22 becoming a moderator???

All right we'll put it to a vote for ISUfan22, just for fun...I vote yes

God Bless America

Recruit
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 19
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 9&#58;04 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> New moderators should be decided by a vote, both by moderators and the members of this board. [/b][/quote]

I think somebody is jealous... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 8&#58;04 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> New moderators should be decided by a vote, both by moderators and the members of this board. [/b][/quote]

I have been assigned as a personal moderator for you.....now...wash your face and bum bum before night night. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 906
    Given: 189
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 9&#58;04 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> New moderators should be decided by a vote, both by moderators and the members of this board. [/b][/quote]

Why???? This is Jermeys site, and he should have the only say into who get to be a moderator. He the one who spends his money on it, and gives us it for free, asking only for donations. We should not have any sort of vote on who get to be a moderator and who dosent.

I honeslty was surprised ISUFAN wasent a moderator before now. I have disagreed with a few things he has said, but overall represents this board very well, brings alot of good info to the board, and has made me laugh my *** off&#33; I would vote yes as well. There are only a few people I would vote NO too.....but I&#39;ll just let you guess who they are............

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    if anyone deserves it is monkeybrow,isufan just sucks up to jeremy.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I agree...Lets vote on other things too. Like what pictures are appropriate for a clone fan to have as a display picture. Pictures that are not recommended are those of x-rated nature, violence, and ex-coaches drinking with Co-eds. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

God Bless America

Pro
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 15
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone33 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 11&#58;04 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I agree...Lets vote on other things too. Like what pictures are appropriate for a clone fan to have as a display picture. Pictures that are not recommended are those of x-rated nature, violence, and ex-coaches drinking with Co-eds. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

LOL, I was about to post the exact same thing.

Legend
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 906
    Given: 189
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 10&#58;42 pm) [post=]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> hes a jerk and a half, he bashes me on hawkeyenation.com. rule #15, never leave another crasher wearing a funny jacket...I mean rule #82, never bash another clone in front of hawkeyes [/b][/quote]

you really are jealous arent you???? If you are going onto Hawkeye nation and saying Stupid crap, then I hope ISUFAN does bash you. Im willing to bet that only you and a few other on this board would not of voted for ISUFAN, so even if this election took place, he would still be a moderator. monkeybrow would probably tell you himself he does not deserve to be a moderator. He brings out alot of humor on thos board, and I think he is a very very funny guy, but I dont see how you could say that he deserved it over ISUFAN. Also, if you look up, monkey is bashin you.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    jealous? if I wanted to be a moderator, I&#39;d suck up to jeremy and kiss all of your bums. Why would I wanna be neutral. And oh yeah clone33, did you get permission cyclones.com to use those pictures? copyright infringement?

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 182
    The factors I use when deciding who to give moderator powers to are very simple and straightforward. Below are the general rules I use when deciding if somebody should be a moderator:
    1. Length of membership and consistency of visiting the site.
    2. Number and quality of posts and interactions.
    3. Overall consensus from members that the person is a benefit to the site.
    4. Does not use vulgar or offensive language or suggestions.
    5. Has been creative and/or informative with posting editorial or opinion pieces.

That&#39;s it. There are no magic rules to being a moderator and there are no ins or outs with regards to becoming a mod. I don&#39;t promote people that only I agree with, I try to be balanced and give people moderating powers as I feel they contribute to the well being of the site or ISU Athletics.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.