Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 32

Pledge

Personnally, I have been highly unimpressed with GMac after four years. I also see the possibility that we will again miss the NCAA after year 5 is greater than the possibility the team next year will be much improved, just due to the talent we might lose. And if there is a highly reasonable chance that next year will not reflect much progress, I hope that JP tries to raise the funds to move in another direction after this year. But -- just my personal opinion.

The divisiveness on the board seems to be getting worse as the GMac supporters get more hysterical in their need to trash prior coaches or our history in a perverse attempt to make GMac look better. The "GMac has got to go" crowd is getting equally bombastic.

I am going to pledge to refrain from any more GMac posts this year and bite my tongue to see what JP decides to do. Encourage others to do the same -- on both sides.

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 22

Re: Pledge

I agree that the divisiveness is getting tiring. You can do all of the arguing you want. You can rant, rave, and demand all you want about how GMac needs to go. In the end, the only action that will have any meaning is staying home during games. Unless you are a wealthy booster and are willing to help foot the bill for a buyout of course.

Walk On
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I like it! I'm with you CycloneWarning. No more ******** from me until something is done. To many good things going on with our football program to waste time ******** about GMac and Mens Basketball.

"I loved it dearly for the experiences, for the people. I've never seen people embrace you with love as much as they did when I was in college," he said. "They just opened up their arms. I'm proud to be a Cyclone. They gave me a chance when nobody else would." -Ellis Hobbs III

I AM SO PROUD....
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CLONEing around View Post
    I agree that the divisiveness is getting tiring. You can do all of the arguing you want. You can rant, rave, and demand all you want about how GMac needs to go. In the end, the only action that will have any meaning is staying home during games. Unless you are a wealthy booster and are willing to help foot the bill for a buyout of course.
    Then we become Iowa?? No attendance and still bad results??? Don't think that is the answer.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,290
    Given: 632

I haven't been particularly critical of the coaching this year, though certainly I'm disappointed with the record. I appreciate the sentiment, because in the end, all we can do is cheer and hope, and see what happens.

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Then we become Iowa?? No attendance and still bad results??? Don't think that is the answer.
    So you would rather be the Cubs of college basketball? What is JP's motivation to spend the boatload of money a buyout would require if the fans are still shelling out cash for tickets, concessions, and gear?

I AM SO PROUD....
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

So you would rather be the Cubs of college basketball? What is JP's motivation to spend the boatload of money a buyout would require if the fans are still shelling out cash for tickets, concessions, and gear?
    I don't think a buyout is coming or at least not till after next year. Hopefully JP learned his lesson about giving out BS contracts.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Personnally, I have been highly unimpressed with GMac after four years. I also see the possibility that we will again miss the NCAA after year 5 is greater than the possibility the team next year will be much improved, just due to the talent we might lose. And if there is a highly reasonable chance that next year will not reflect much progress, I hope that JP tries to raise the funds to move in another direction after this year. But -- just my personal opinion.

The divisiveness on the board seems to be getting worse as the GMac supporters get more hysterical in their need to trash prior coaches or our history in a perverse attempt to make GMac look better. The "GMac has got to go" crowd is getting equally bombastic.

I am going to pledge to refrain from any more GMac posts this year and bite my tongue to see what JP decides to do. Encourage others to do the same -- on both sides.

Nice post ! Let the decision makers decide what they think the best for Iowa State. I don't think they're dumb, deaf or blind enough to see the fans' reactions.
    I personally hate to see fellow fanatics attacking each other personally just because they have different views.

I AM SO PROUD....
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    Nice post ! Let the decision makers decide what they think the best for Iowa State. I don't think they're dumb, deaf or blind enough to see the fans' reactions.
    I personally hate to see fellow fanatics attacking each other personally just because they have different views.
    Agreed but you're always going to have the left and right wings of fan bases.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The pros are different than college. Crowd size is a huge factor in recruitment.

Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

And thank you Stumpy for this: