Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pledge

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 69,194, Level: 81
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,415
    Points
    69,194
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 32

    Pledge

    Personnally, I have been highly unimpressed with GMac after four years. I also see the possibility that we will again miss the NCAA after year 5 is greater than the possibility the team next year will be much improved, just due to the talent we might lose. And if there is a highly reasonable chance that next year will not reflect much progress, I hope that JP tries to raise the funds to move in another direction after this year. But -- just my personal opinion.

    The divisiveness on the board seems to be getting worse as the GMac supporters get more hysterical in their need to trash prior coaches or our history in a perverse attempt to make GMac look better. The "GMac has got to go" crowd is getting equally bombastic.

    I am going to pledge to refrain from any more GMac posts this year and bite my tongue to see what JP decides to do. Encourage others to do the same -- on both sides.



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 13,244, Level: 34
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    401
    Points
    13,244
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 22

    Re: Pledge

    I agree that the divisiveness is getting tiring. You can do all of the arguing you want. You can rant, rave, and demand all you want about how GMac needs to go. In the end, the only action that will have any meaning is staying home during games. Unless you are a wealthy booster and are willing to help foot the bill for a buyout of course.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 13,316, Level: 34
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nb06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    178
    Points
    13,316
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pledge

    I like it! I'm with you CycloneWarning. No more ******** from me until something is done. To many good things going on with our football program to waste time ******** about GMac and Mens Basketball.


    "I loved it dearly for the experiences, for the people. I've never seen people embrace you with love as much as they did when I was in college," he said. "They just opened up their arms. I'm proud to be a Cyclone. They gave me a chance when nobody else would." -Ellis Hobbs III

  4. #4
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONEing around View Post
    I agree that the divisiveness is getting tiring. You can do all of the arguing you want. You can rant, rave, and demand all you want about how GMac needs to go. In the end, the only action that will have any meaning is staying home during games. Unless you are a wealthy booster and are willing to help foot the bill for a buyout of course.
    Then we become Iowa?? No attendance and still bad results??? Don't think that is the answer.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 729,919, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,445
    Points
    729,919
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,290
    Given: 632

    Re: Pledge

    I haven't been particularly critical of the coaching this year, though certainly I'm disappointed with the record. I appreciate the sentiment, because in the end, all we can do is cheer and hope, and see what happens.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 13,244, Level: 34
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    401
    Points
    13,244
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 22

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Then we become Iowa?? No attendance and still bad results??? Don't think that is the answer.
    So you would rather be the Cubs of college basketball? What is JP's motivation to spend the boatload of money a buyout would require if the fans are still shelling out cash for tickets, concessions, and gear?



  7. #7
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONEing around View Post
    So you would rather be the Cubs of college basketball? What is JP's motivation to spend the boatload of money a buyout would require if the fans are still shelling out cash for tickets, concessions, and gear?
    I don't think a buyout is coming or at least not till after next year. Hopefully JP learned his lesson about giving out BS contracts.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 26,462, Level: 49
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,114
    Points
    26,462
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 63

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Personnally, I have been highly unimpressed with GMac after four years. I also see the possibility that we will again miss the NCAA after year 5 is greater than the possibility the team next year will be much improved, just due to the talent we might lose. And if there is a highly reasonable chance that next year will not reflect much progress, I hope that JP tries to raise the funds to move in another direction after this year. But -- just my personal opinion.

    The divisiveness on the board seems to be getting worse as the GMac supporters get more hysterical in their need to trash prior coaches or our history in a perverse attempt to make GMac look better. The "GMac has got to go" crowd is getting equally bombastic.

    I am going to pledge to refrain from any more GMac posts this year and bite my tongue to see what JP decides to do. Encourage others to do the same -- on both sides.

    Nice post ! Let the decision makers decide what they think the best for Iowa State. I don't think they're dumb, deaf or blind enough to see the fans' reactions.
    I personally hate to see fellow fanatics attacking each other personally just because they have different views.



  9. #9
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    Nice post ! Let the decision makers decide what they think the best for Iowa State. I don't think they're dumb, deaf or blind enough to see the fans' reactions.
    I personally hate to see fellow fanatics attacking each other personally just because they have different views.
    Agreed but you're always going to have the left and right wings of fan bases.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 48,199, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,199
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONEing around View Post
    So you would rather be the Cubs of college basketball? What is JP's motivation to spend the boatload of money a buyout would require if the fans are still shelling out cash for tickets, concessions, and gear?
    The pros are different than college. Crowd size is a huge factor in recruitment.


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM