Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 129
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 9,520, Level: 29
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    85
    Points
    9,520
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    This is something that I created a while ago and update every now and then. I have posted it a couple times at powermizzou and now at ouhoops.com and ksufans.com but thought you all might find it interesting as well.

    After the 2005-06 season half the big 12 basketball programs replaced their head coaches.

    Here is how the programs have done since that time. Updated Feb. 7th 2010

    Iowa State:
    Coaches - Greg McDermott
    Overall Record - 57-61
    Conference Record - 16-40
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 0

    Kansas State:
    Coaches - Bob Huggins and Frank Martin
    Overall Record - 85-40
    Conference Record - 35-22
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NITís

    Missouri:
    Coaches - Mike Anderson
    Overall Record - 82-41
    Conference Record - 30-26
    Conference Titles - 1 Conference Tournament
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (Elite Eight)

    Nebraska:
    Coaches - Doc Sadler
    Overall Record - 68-49
    Conference Record - 22-34
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 2 NITís

    Oklahoma:
    Coaches - Jeff Capel
    Overall Record - 83-42
    Conference Record - 32-24
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 2 NCAA (2nd Round and Elite Eight)

    Oklahoma State:
    Coaches - Sean Sutton and Travis Ford
    Overall Record - 78-48
    Conference Record - 26-31
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NITís

    How these teams finished in 2005-2006 before the coaching turnover.
    Oklahoma - 3rd
    Nebraska - 6th
    Oklahoma State - 7th
    Iowa State - 8th
    Kansas State - 9th
    Missouri - 11th



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 391,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,079
    Points
    391,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    That really blows. It really does. Debby Downer stat for the day.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 42,278, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,760
    Points
    42,278
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    ok, so you are here to hype Mizzou and Mike Anderson? Sorry, but we could care less about Mizzou here. We are well aware of McDermott's relative failure, so do us a favor and take your chest thumping back to your own site.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 164,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,954
    Points
    164,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 46

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    This really puts things into perspective. Thanks.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 106,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,419
    Points
    106,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 127

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    wow. not much defending that


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 164,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,954
    Points
    164,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 46

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    ok, so you are here to hype Mizzou and Mike Anderson? Sorry, but we could care less about Mizzou here. We are well aware of McDermott's relative failure, so do us a favor and take your chest thumping back to your own site.
    I really don't understand why you think that? He didn't create it for CF. He just brought it here. As they say, if the truth hurts....



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 164,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,954
    Points
    164,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 46

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Double post.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    doc sadler and nebraska



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 106,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,419
    Points
    106,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 127

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    There was a great opportunity to climb the big 12 in '06-'07 and someone dropped the ball. Pollard or McDermott?


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 68,836, Level: 81
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,346
    Points
    68,836
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 16

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriFan View Post
    This is something that I created a while ago and update every now and then. I have posted it a couple times at powermizzou and now at ouhoops.com and ksufans.com but thought you all might find it interesting as well.

    After the 2005-06 season half the big 12 basketball programs replaced their head coaches.

    Here is how the programs have done since that time. Updated Feb. 7th 2010

    Iowa State:
    Coaches - Greg McDermott
    Overall Record - 57-61
    Conference Record - 16-40
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 0

    Kansas State:
    Coaches - Bob Huggins and Frank Martin
    Overall Record - 85-40
    Conference Record - 35-22
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NITís

    Missouri:
    Coaches - Mike Anderson
    Overall Record - 82-41
    Conference Record - 30-26
    Conference Titles - 1 Conference Tournament
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (Elite Eight)

    Nebraska:
    Coaches - Doc Sadler
    Overall Record - 68-49
    Conference Record - 22-34
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 2 NITís

    Oklahoma:
    Coaches - Jeff Capel
    Overall Record - 83-42
    Conference Record - 32-24
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 2 NCAA (2nd Round and Elite Eight)

    Oklahoma State:
    Coaches - Sean Sutton and Travis Ford
    Overall Record - 78-48
    Conference Record - 26-31
    Conference Titles - 0
    Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NITís

    How these teams finished in 2005-2006 before the coaching turnover.
    Oklahoma - 3rd
    Nebraska - 6th
    Oklahoma State - 7th
    Iowa State - 8th
    Kansas State - 9th
    Missouri - 11th
    Wow, that sucks. Pls quit with facts and objective information.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 42,278, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,760
    Points
    42,278
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    I really don't understand why you think that? He didn't create it for CF. He just brought it here. As they say, if the truth hurts....
    Yeah, the truth hurts, and I don't need some ******* Mizzou fan to shove it at my face.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 391,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,079
    Points
    391,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    We could end up even worse by end of season. This is not good.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 28,432, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,432
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    Yeah, the truth hurts, and I don't need some ******* Mizzou fan to shove it at my face.
    Just let it be. Take your punches and move on.



  14. #14
    All-Star Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,630
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    Yeah, the truth hurts, and I don't need some ******* Mizzou fan to shove it at my face.
    I agree. We have enough negative crap from Cyclone fans, we don't need anymore from jack***** from other fan bases.


    Last edited by cycloneworld; 02-10-2010 at 08:04 AM.

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,004, Level: 77
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,994
    Points
    62,004
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 109

    Re: ISU, KSU, MU, NU, OU, OSU

    They don't want us to get rid of Mac. Easy win for everyone. No one fears his coaching style...... because it has killed Hilton Magic. 16-40 in conference? You're fired in year 4 - should be.....(I think we have only beaten MU, Baylor, CU, NU, Tech and A&M in that time...right? Wow.)

    He must be released at season's end IMO if we want to get back to winning ways.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM