Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 46

Whats next?

I understand the frustration with GMAC but digging for the records against top ranked opponents, ranked opponents, teams with winning records or whatever you can dig up that shows his poor records is getting old. I think we all get that he has struggled and his teams have not performed as well as any normal fan would like but maybe its time to let this run its course and become a fan of the team and support them. Tearing down what little the team has left doesnt accomplish much except to make the poster feel better.

I am on the fence with GMAC. I think there are things he could do better but will hold any judgement until the end of the season. Anybody else?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I understand the frustration with GMAC but digging for the records against top ranked opponents, ranked opponents, teams with winning records or whatever you can dig up that shows his poor records is getting old. I think we all get that he has struggled and his teams have not performed as well as any normal fan would like but maybe its time to let this run its course and become a fan of the team and support them. Tearing down what little the team has left doesnt accomplish much except to make the poster feel better.

I am on the fence with GMAC. I think there are things he could do better but will hold any judgement until the end of the season. Anybody else?

While I agree that people are going to extremes that are unnecessary, you shouldn't call out fans.

I don't think that there is a person on here that doesn't want Iowa State to win. And the fact that they are ****** enough to go back and find all of these facts, at least shows that they care.

The problem that Greg has now is that he has to show a large section of the fans something before they come back on board. He has used up pretty much all of the goodwill that he had.

The fact that he went there at his press conference today wasn't a good sign. It was clear he took the opportunity to make excuses for poor performance (while they may be valid, people don't want to hear them four years later).

The biggest thing working in his favor has been that Iowa has been just awful. Imagine the heat if Lick would have come in and started winning right away.

Starter
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by louienad25 View Post
    The biggest thing working in his favor has been that Iowa has been just awful. Imagine the heat if Lick would have come in and started winning right away.
    Wrong. The biggest thing working in his favor is the $2.5M buyout he would be owed if he were let go after this season (or $2M if he were let go the season after). That and the fact that Pollard hired him and Pollard is still in charge. If JP had to fire him, they might as well help each other pack their bags because Pollard's career at ISU might be over at that time as well.

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bfross View Post
    Wrong. The biggest thing working in his favor is the $2.5M buyout he would be owed if he were let go after this season (or $2M if he were let go the season after). That and the fact that Pollard hired him and Pollard is still in charge. If JP had to fire him, they might as well help each other pack their bags because Pollard's career at ISU might be over at that time as well.
    that is just dumb in incorrect. pollard's job is nowhere near on the line.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

I decided to hold my judgement until after last season. Now i feel free to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    that is just dumb in incorrect. pollard's job is nowhere near on the line.
    Agreed. Now, if PR had no success, then I'd say Jamie's nuts are still tied to McD. But he's OK now.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 64

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimusClone View Post
    Agreed. Now, if PR had no success, then I'd say Jamie's nuts are still tied to McD. But he's OK now.
    I think this is correct. PR was a game saver.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 591

Quote Originally Posted by bfross View Post
    Geoffrey is the only one who has a say about Jamie and it's pretty safe to say that Jamie is sitting very well with him.

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 12

Pollard's fate is really in the hands of PR. If the football team has another good year (improved from 2009). Jamie is in...If PR slips, Jamie will need some insulated underwear if the basketball team doesn't show signs of life next year.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 1,318

Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    Pollard's fate is really in the hands of PR. If the football team has another good year (improved from 2009). Jamie is in...If PR slips, Jamie will need some insulated underwear if the basketball team doesn't show signs of life next year.
    Not really. Pollard's fate is in the hands of the athletic department budget. If the money is good, he'll be fine.

Addict
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 132

I really think that this season will be the last for McDermott. It has been a poor showing for 4 years now. We have had player defections - 0-19 against anyone ranked, can only beat NU and CU in conference, right out of the half breakdowns.....constantly happen. No enthusiasm or fire from him. (ISUers love this out of their coach.) Honestly, I have a feeling it has been discussed in the Ath. Dept. And I guarantee that "High Ups" like Gary Thompson are in JP's ear about finding a replacement - and what our options are. I think giving him another year is an absolute waste of time. He proved NOTHING in his 4 years.

Again, I would love to eat crow....see the team turn it around for THIS season...but it isn't going to happen. I still sucker myself into believing that the ISU of old will come back and win in Thrilling fashion again. Only to see him get out coached from the get-go of the 2nd half...etc.... But then, I look at the sidelines....and I see an uninspiring coach and it is affecting his team and their direction. It is all WAY over his head here in Ames and the Big 12 Conference. Time to move on. Cut your losses JP - there is good talent out there to be had -

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Not really. Pollard's fate is in the hands of the athletic department budget. If the money is good, he'll be fine.
    You and I agree on precious little but I do agree with this. Of course, ultimately, winning has an impact on the revenues of the department.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 76

Pollard hired Jackson and CPR, and gave Fennelly and lifetime deal. He is fine.