Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    The Crowd Yesterday

    I want to say great job Cyclone fans for showing up and trying to make it loud again yesterday! I had a bad feeling that with the way the team is playing and people here saying they would bail on their season tickets we'd have a lot more empty seats than usual but it looked like one of the better crowds this season I thought. Even Pollard and GMac were pumped up a few times and tried to get the crowd going even more in a few stretches (only to have DG be the buzzkill with a bad play just shortly after those moments.)

    Let's not EVER let apathy set in at Hilton like it has over at Iowa. That is a TOUGH TOUGH thing to dig yourself out of once it happens. These players have not quit on us so let's not quit on them and keep making Hilton a place that has that potential to get loud and will a team to victory!


    Go Cubs Go!

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    I didnt think the crowd was that great yesterday. It wasnt horrible, but i saw lots of open seats.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 795,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,284
    Points
    795,604
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 224

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I didnt think the crowd was that great yesterday. It wasnt horrible, but i saw lots of open seats.
    The crowd was way better than I expected it to be. I thought that everybody did a nice job of showing up and being loud.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    The crowd was way better than I expected it to be. I thought that everybody did a nice job of showing up and being loud.
    You expected it to be worse?


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 7,348, Level: 25
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    207
    Points
    7,348
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    I thought that was one of the better home crowds we've had this season personally...it definitely got loud for a few moments in the game



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    You expected it to be worse?
    It is the last chance to watch a competitive football game for a long time this weekend. And lets face it, going home to the 70" HD with surround sound and home cooked food is really tempting when compared with staying at the apartment and watching it on a 30" on a rock hard sofa while eating frozen pizza.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 118,397, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,873
    Points
    118,397
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 132

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    It is the last chance to watch a competitive football game for a long time this weekend. And lets face it, going home to the 70" HD with surround sound and home cooked food is really tempting when compared with staying at the apartment and watching it on a 30" on a rock hard sofa while eating frozen pizza.
    It wasn't just the lack of students - lots of seats in the parquet donor sections were empty. Apathy is here big-time.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 95,095, Level: 96
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,697
    Points
    95,095
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    It wasn't just the lack of students - lots of seats in the parquet donor sections were empty. Apathy is here big-time.
    Students showed up pretty well I thought and I have been a harsh on them quite a bit in the past. I have seen CA look pretty pathetic for some weekend games and yesterday they had it fairly full I thought.

    I realize there were some empty seats here and there but the corners of the balcony for the most part were a lot more full than usual. For as much negativity that has been here lately Chris was right on saying he thought there would be less. I remember the end of the Morgan days when we were probably lucky to have 8000 actual people there sometimes because people were that frustrated. It wasn't even close to how those last games under Morgan were and I hope it doesn't get there either!


    Go Cubs Go!

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,040, Level: 76
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,702
    Points
    61,040
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 590

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I want to say great job Cyclone fans for showing up and trying to make it loud again yesterday! I had a bad feeling that with the way the team is playing and people here saying they would bail on their season tickets we'd have a lot more empty seats than usual but it looked like one of the better crowds this season I thought. Even Pollard and GMac were pumped up a few times and tried to get the crowd going even more in a few stretches (only to have DG be the buzzkill with a bad play just shortly after those moments.)

    Let's not EVER let apathy set in at Hilton like it has over at Iowa. That is a TOUGH TOUGH thing to dig yourself out of once it happens. These players have not quit on us so let's not quit on them and keep making Hilton a place that has that potential to get loud and will a team to victory!
    The crowd definitely looked and sounded great on TV!! Good job students and fans!



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 16,743, Level: 39
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclone1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    920
    Points
    16,743
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 159

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I remember the end of the Morgan days when we were probably lucky to have 8000 actual people there sometimes because people were that frustrated. It wasn't even close to how those last games under Morgan were and I hope it doesn't get there either!
    I agree, but wait until next year. It might be the same or worse. Plus, I don't think the $99 ticket deal was going on when Morgan was here.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 30,993, Level: 54
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abe2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    State Center, IA
    Posts
    1,262
    Points
    30,993
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 38

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    the crowd was good...besides all the old folks leaving with 4min left...that looked terrible on tv and they missed a good ending



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 865,369, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,025
    Points
    865,369
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,864
    Given: 1,599

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    It wasn't just the lack of students - lots of seats in the parquet donor sections were empty. Apathy is here big-time.
    Drama queen posting here. That was a nice crowd, and verry into it. Efforts like that keep passion high and apathy away.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Drama queen posting here. That was a nice crowd, and verry into it. Efforts like that keep passion high and apathy away.
    The only thing that worries me was the number and loudness of the K-State fans.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 9,966, Level: 30
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points
    mtowncyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ames via Mediapolis
    Posts
    704
    Points
    9,966
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    there is no doubt in my mind cyclone alley has gotten quieter over the past couple years. maybe the teams success has something to do with it. but nonetheless the students need to be louder like that all the time!


    "I have come back to life!"- Ca-Mun-Rah/ THE DURANTULA"

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 63,986, Level: 78
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,784
    Points
    63,986
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 23

    Re: The Crowd Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone View Post
    there is no doubt in my mind cyclone alley has gotten quieter over the past couple years. maybe the teams success has something to do with it. but nonetheless the students need to be louder like that all the time!
    Because there are only about the first three 3 rows on each side that actually get loud, while the rest of the people are like all of the old donors who pretty much just sit on their hands and won't make any noise...This is another question that arose after I watched the Michigan game....Why can't the students be on the sides..they actually care to be there based on their animation during the game.. I mean it doesn't look like teams like Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, North Carolina State have a problem with that....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM