Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 448

Big 12 Standings

We have the most home losses in the Big 12. So much for Magic.

This isn't too far off of preseason predictions.

NCAA Basketball Standings - CBSSports.com

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Big 12 Standings

Of those four loses at home, three of them were against top 10 teams

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    Of those four loses at home, three of them were against top 10 teams
    Quoted for truth.

Losses against #1 Texas, #3 (now #1) Kansas, and #10 Kansas State don't reflect badly on our team, especially when we played Texas and Kansas State close and led for most of the game in both cases. Then our fourth home loss was to a poor game against now #22 UNI. All in all, OUR HOME LOSSES ARE TO RANKED TEAMS!

Finally, you can't fault the players; with an 8 man rotation during the game to a team plagued by injuries and departures, these men have been all but counted out yet continue to compete with the help of good fans (unlike the OP) and a bit of Magic. I think Frank Martin, Kansas State's coach sums it up for us:

"My heart goes out to (McDermott) and those kids that are still wearing the uniform, because to deal with the injuries ... and then turn around and have some selfish guy quit on his team, and for them to still be playing as hard as they're playing and as well as they're playing, that's a credit to those guys," Martin said.

If you can't handle the tough stretch, then get out. We don't need the negativity for a group of young men handling adversity as well as they are.

/end rant...

Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 448

Quote Originally Posted by geburgess View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Losses against #1 Texas, #3 (now #1) Kansas, and #10 Kansas State don't reflect badly on our team, especially when we played Texas and Kansas State close and led for most of the game in both cases. Then our fourth home loss was to a poor game against now #22 UNI. All in all, OUR HOME LOSSES ARE TO RANKED TEAMS!

Finally, you can't fault the players; with an 8 man rotation during the game to a team plagued by injuries and departures, these men have been all but counted out yet continue to compete with the help of good fans (unlike the OP) and a bit of Magic. I think Frank Martin, Kansas State's coach sums it up for us:

"My heart goes out to (McDermott) and those kids that are still wearing the uniform, because to deal with the injuries ... and then turn around and have some selfish guy quit on his team, and for them to still be playing as hard as they're playing and as well as they're playing, that's a credit to those guys," Martin said.

If you can't handle the tough stretch, then get out. We don't need the negativity for a group of young men handling adversity as well as they are.

/end rant...

My point exactly. We cant beat a ranked team at home anymore.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 796
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 50

Quoted for truth.

/end rant...

If I was an opposing coach to McD in the conference I would stick up for him too. I would want him around for a long time to get those guaranteed wins. Notice how coaches and managers do that in other sports/leagues? I think the Big 12 football coaches were sticking up for Mac too.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quoted for truth.

/end rant...
    wow, you're a chiefs fan also? you, my friend, are a glutton for punishment. at least mcd is likeable - Todd Haley, not so much.

Honor Before Victory