Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

More props for DG

For those of you (OldGeezer) who continue to insist he is not a true PG, the sportswriter who wrote this article disagrees with you.

Quote from article: "He averaged 15.9 points a game and was a true point guard".

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=584364

Last edited by PsychedClone; 03-30-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    Psyched about the Clones!!!

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Re: More props for DG

Thanks, good article.

I said it before, and maybe you missed it, but who do you think we have a shot at for recruiting Psyched? Or is it a secret? Or do you only comment on who you know we don't have a shot at?

Rookie
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    Thanks, good article.

I said it before, and maybe you missed it, but who do you think we have a shot at for recruiting Psyched? Or is it a secret? Or do you only comment on who you know we don't have a shot at?
    I did see your other post, however, I am very cautious about information I post because this is a public forum and anyone can read these threads. Recruiting is a tough game and it is not in the best interest of the program to broadcast who the top targeted recruits are. Better to remain under the radar as much as possible. Very few people knew of the recruitment of Brackins, Garrett, Staiger, or Boozer until they actually committed. Trust me, it's better that way.

I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear but I just wanted to explain myself. I hope you understand.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I totally understand and respect that. I do appreciate the info you do provide, keep what you feel appropriate to share coming

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Hey, don't be too hard on the old guy! I qualified my comments at the time, saying I was not a basketball expert, and I had seen Garrett play 3 games on TV. And one of those games was the Madison Mem. game mentioned. Garrett did take over the game in the second half (for a while) He had 0 points in the first half, 12 in the 3rd qtr and 1 in the 4th. The only thing about his game that bothered me, was in the games where the opponents had big (6' 8" +) defenders in the lane, Garrett drifted away from contact, and threw up some crazy, wild shots that touched neither rim or backboard. In the semifinal game against a team that was 14-14 and had no one taller than 6'4" Garrett went wild with 20 points, etc. My only concern is he will see a lot more of the former than the latter next year. I'm still not a basketball expert, and I have only seen Garrett play 3 games on TV. His coach and Pysched are way ahead of me. Peace!

Rookie
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgeezer View Post
    Hey, don't be too hard on the old guy! I qualified my comments at the time, saying I was not a basketball expert, and I had seen Garrett play 3 games on TV. And one of those games was the Madison Mem. game mentioned. Garrett did take over the game in the second half (for a while) He had 0 points in the first half, 12 in the 3rd qtr and 1 in the 4th. The only thing about his game that bothered me, was in the games where the opponents had big (6' 8" +) defenders in the lane, Garrett drifted away from contact, and threw up some crazy, wild shots that touched neither rim or backboard. In the semifinal game against a team that was 14-14 and had no one taller than 6'4" Garrett went wild with 20 points, etc. My only concern is he will see a lot more of the former than the latter next year. I'm still not a basketball expert, and I have only seen Garrett play 3 games on TV. His coach and Pysched are way ahead of me. Peace!
    I was only giving you a good-natured jab! Nothing personal.
    BTW, I'm no spring chicken either.

Every player does something stupid upon occasion. I wouldn't worry about Garrett doing that too often. He really does play a very controlled game most of the time. I can't wait to see him contribute the next couple of years (before he goes to the NBA)

Last edited by PsychedClone; 03-31-2007 at 10:36 AM.