Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Any graphics/drawing types out there?

Looking to find someone that could do me a favor as a "fun project" or something. I really don't want to cough up the $50 or whatever the going rate is these days to have an actual graphics place do it since I am trying to keep the overall costs low on this. Just needing a simple design made for the front of our rec softball t-shirts that a screenprint place could use. Doesn't have to be anything too detailed or "busy" either just something other than the plain lettering we've done in the past.

PM me if you might be interested and I can give you some ideas to work with. Figured there may be someone out there that is always looking for something to tinker with on the side and enjoys drawing up something as a hobby.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

Re: Any graphics/drawing types out there?

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Looking to find someone that could do me a favor as a "fun project" or something. I really don't want to cough up the $50 or whatever the going rate is these days to have an actual graphics place do it since I am trying to keep the overall costs low on this. Just needing a simple design made for the front of our rec softball t-shirts that a screenprint place could use. Doesn't have to be anything too detailed or "busy" either just something other than the plain lettering we've done in the past.

PM me if you might be interested and I can give you some ideas to work with. Figured there may be someone out there that is always looking for something to tinker with on the side and enjoys drawing up something as a hobby.

Team name?

Addict
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post

I hate to solicit here, but I know that Broken Arrow Graphics provides free custom designs with any order place with them. You do pay a deposit, but I believe that goes towards paying for your final order.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    I hate to solicit here, but I know that Broken Arrow Graphics provides free custom designs with any order place with them. You do pay a deposit, but I believe that goes towards paying for your final order.
    We got shirts done there once and I will NEVER go back there again. I don't know your affliation with them but I just wasn't pleased with them the last time both in price and service.

My wife (then girlfriend) got royally screwed there several years ago too which is a big part of it. Her apartment burned down and she lost everything which included her shirt and BA still had the screenprint on file since we had just ordered a bunch not long before this. Instead of being sympathetic of her situation they basically charged her $50 to run a single shirt. Granted her insurance paid for it but it was a big hassle and not a very good business practice if you ask me. I got a basic single custom shirt from T-Galaxy done once for around $15 I think so what a rip job when the screenprint was already paid for and on file from already doing business with them. I know a lot of those places prefer to run at least 10 through if they do an order but come on she had proof of her unfortunate situation and I can't imagine it would have been that tough to do 1 shirt with a screenprint already on file.

Go Cubs Go!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Go to The Graphic Edge in Carroll, no art fees or set up charges! 800-747-9744!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,059
    Given: 558

Got one for you. Free and appropriate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39024746_tightwads.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	6831  

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

When we got our softball t-shirts made we had someone from back home make them. We had them make our John Beer shirts, and the Cy pwning Herky shirts. The last year we did smile if you aren't wearing panties and we had the place in Ames make the shirts and there was no fee or anything. We gave them our idea, and they came back with the design and they were relatively cheap. I want to say it is singler or some place out by the airport, I reccommend them very much.