Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I've seen several comparison between ISU and IA. I thought I'd start a discussion between NU and ISU.

QB -- Push, ISU fans will take Meyer and NU fans will take Taylor. Both are good QBs

RB -- Push, ISU has more experience in Hicks, but he isn't a gamebreaker. NU has a stable full of gamebreakers with no experience.

FB -- ISU big advantage, NU doesn't really untilize the FB position much in the WCO, at least so far.

OL -- ISU slight advantage, lots of experience. NU has 4 returning starters from the final 3 games.

TE -- NU slight advantage. With the return of Matt Herian, I'd give NU the edge. Big edge if Herian if back to pre-injury form.

WR -- ISU big advantage. NU doesn't have anyone like Blythe.

On offense, ISU has the advantage.

DE -- NU huge advantage. 2 of the top 25 DE's in the country, plus a freshman all american backup.

DT -- NU slight advantage. Curvey is better than either of NU's starters, but NU probably has 4-5 players better than whoever starts besides Curvey. NU gets the edge because of depth.

LB -- NU big advantage. McKeon, Bradley, Octavion, Ruud, Bradenburg and Dillard. NU has a 4 LB's with sub 4.5 speed. With 3 LBers being hurt last year, NU basicly has 5 returning starters from last year and now has experienced depth.

CB -- NU slight advantage. NU returns their top 3 cb's from last year, although Green has switched to Safety. Jackson is a very solid corner for ISU.

Safety -- Push, both teams lost there starters from last year. No proven players although both teams should have good athletes.

On defense, NU has a big advantage.

This leads to a very intersting game. Can't wait for October 7th. Good luck this year.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 60
    But if Taylor gets that west coast offense working like he did last year in Lincoln, the clones will be hung up to dry. I just have a sense of feeling that ISU is going to treat this game more like they have Iowa in the past, and since it is in Ames, I give the advantage to ISU. I think this will be the game our defence clicks and makes some big stops. But overall this is going to be a good game. ISU plays some very good teasm before this date (Iowa and Texas), and so does NU (USC), so both teams will be tested before this game. If I could only afford one ticket this year, it would be to this game. Lucky for me I have tickets to 8, and possilby a 9th game!

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    wheres the recruiting?NEBRASKA

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 41
    I agreed with most everything except...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NU Follower &#064; 07&#045;17&#045;06 10&#58;23 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    TE -- NU slight advantage. With the return of Matt Herian, I&#39;d give NU the edge. Big edge if Herian if back to pre-injury form.

[/b][/quote]

ISU has 2 very, very good tight ends in Barkema and Nickel. While not receiving some of the national media recognition, I read a few things on other boards from fans and heard coaches comment that ISU&#39;s tight ends are very good.

Both can find the open crease and make some plays. It will be a complete coaching debacle if we don&#39;t see a significant increase in receptions by our tight ends. With all the attention the receivers will command, the tight ends aught to be having a hay-day this fall.

Addict
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    I&#39;m going to be interested in ISU&#39;s mental state going into this game. They do have an easier game before Nebraska, but after Iowa and Texas on the road back to back weeks I really hope they can stay up for this one. However, if they can pull one of those out on the road they will be flying high no matter what happens in the other. And also with UNI upgrading I don&#39;t know how much we&#39;ll be able to rest the starters if at all. The key still will be ISU being injury free coming into this game.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 8&#58;24 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I agreed with most everything except...

ISU has 2 very, very good tight ends in Barkema and Nickel. While not receiving some of the national media recognition, I read a few things on other boards from fans and heard coaches comment that ISU&#39;s tight ends are very good.

Both can find the open crease and make some plays. It will be a complete coaching debacle if we don&#39;t see a significant increase in receptions by our tight ends. With all the attention the receivers will command, the tight ends aught to be having a hay-day this fall.
    [/b][/quote]

True, but Herian (pre-injury) had All-American talent. If he&#39;s back to 90-100%, he is better than Barkema and/or Nickel and will be drafted in next year NFL draft. In 2004 Herian was our passing offense with Dailey at the helm. I&#39;m very excited to have a pass receiving threat this year from the TE position. It was non-existent last year.

We also have two more 4 star TE&#39;s coming around in Mueller and Tomerlin. I believe our top two TE&#39;s from last year will be 4th and 5th string. Those two have also changed to our new fullback/u-back hybrid position.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 41
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NU Follower &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 9&#58;31 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

True, but Herian (pre-injury) had All-American talent. If he&#39;s back to 90-100%, he is better than Barkema and/or Nickel and will be drafted in next year NFL draft. In 2004 Herian was our passing offense with Dailey at the helm. I&#39;m very excited to have a pass receiving threat this year from the TE position. It was non-existent last year.

We also have two more 4 star TE&#39;s coming around in Mueller and Tomerlin. I believe our top two TE&#39;s from last year will be 4th and 5th string. Those two have also changed to our new fullback/u-back hybrid position.

[/b][/quote]

The key thing there is IF he&#39;s back to old form. It&#39;s an unknown, the ISU tight ends are 100% healthy and proven. Therefore, looking at it from an objective point of view, the advantage must go to ISU.