Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

I know I said I was giving up posting on MBB this season...

But, Colvin inspired me to at least post that this guy is the real deal. Some of that **** was Tinley-esque. The behind the back assist on the drive...are you kidding me! He found Brackins which EVERYONE else has had trouble doing all season. This guy needs to work on his foul shots but he is the glimmer of hope in a very bleak and disappointing season. Now, just so he doesn't transfer and I might actually believe in next season despite coach Mac. Great job, Chris!

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Just Win Baby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Re: I know I said I was giving up posting on MBB this season...

Yep it is no coincidence that Brackins best game was also Colvin's best game. The kid is good, really good and he set up the guys down low with some great passes. He needs to be more consistent but I will take the good with the bad.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Yep it is no coincidence that Brackins best game was also Colvin's best game. The kid is good, really good and he set up the guys down low with some great passes. He needs to be more consistent but I will take the good with the bad.
    Tinsley had a lot of TO's too. But a LOT of assists. Everyone on the court is going to have to realize that they need to be ready for the ball at anytime. A guy like this can get it to you even when you think you aren't open.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124

I agree.

I've been a DG supporter on here for quite while, but I now agree that he's part of our problem. Watching how Colvin can get the ball to our big guys down low for open dunks and layups is pretty amazing. DG is unable to do that whatsoever.

But as you stated, I think GMac will have to work some magic to get Colvin to stay here. Colvin leaving after the season could be the final straw for GMac. He could become a VERY special point guard for us. We have to keep him here. I do not want to see another player leave here and become a player of the year candidate somewhere else. I couldn't take that.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 1

I don't think DG is a bad PG, but one thing I was reflecting on was that (until last night) we hadn't gotten very many easy shots. Ask yourself how many times per game we usually shoot a point blank, uncontested layup? Not many. I remember being amazed when I looked back at old games with Tinsley; so many of Fizer's shots were soooo easy, as well as many others on that team. Tinsley got them the ball right where they could do something with it. Plus, whenever there's penetration, the defense collapses, and it makes offensive rebounds easier to come by. Colvin creates this, too.

Colvin is very similar to Tinsley in these regards. When he learns to play under control more, watch out.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    I don't think DG is a bad PG.

I do. DG is a terriblr PG

I'm on twitter @mookjnsn ... me, not her.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I saw in another thread the idea of having Colvin at the point, and garrett at the 2. I don't see what the benefit of that is as we don't have a consistent 3 point threat then at the 2, and DG hasn't shown passing ability to the post. I think DG would be better used to spell Colvin, and Buckley to spell SC. Not trying to knock DG, as I think he plays hard, and has his moments, but just hasn't progressed much since his Freshman year. Colvins top play is better than DG, and DG weaknesses appear to be more glaring.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Addict
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 636
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57

Quote Originally Posted by galactawitz View Post
    I saw in another thread the idea of having Colvin at the point, and garrett at the 2. I don't see what the benefit of that is as we don't have a consistent 3 point threat then at the 2, and DG hasn't shown passing ability to the post. I think DG would be better used to spell Colvin, and Buckley to spell SC. Not trying to knock DG, as I think he plays hard, and has his moments, but just hasn't progressed much since his Freshman year. Colvins top play is better than DG, and DG weaknesses appear to be more glaring.
    I've been pretty critical of him at the point, but I thought he looked pretty good at the off guard spot. He still has the ability to penetrate and I think he was more comfortable doing so when he's not trying to run the offense as well. If we can get consistent touches to the post, I don't think that the 3-point shooter is as necessary. Gilstrap can still shoot it pretty well and Colvin has shown that he can as well if it comes down to that. If we can deliver the ball to Hamilton, Brackins, and Dendy when they are in position like we were against Colorado then our offense doesn't need the 3 pointers as much. Personally, I think the dependence on the deep shot is the reason for our offensive droughts we have seen.

Oh, and Scotty's defense is a major liability.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Incorrect. Scotty is the best on ball defender on the team. Ask GMAC. Watch who guards the best guard from the other team. Scotty was the one who took on the job of guarding Sharron Collins and he did a great job on him.

Scotty's defense is the reason some people think he is better than Lucca

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Scott's defense wasn't good at all last night, but he's been sick and I believe he's (at least) a step slow because of that.

Last night wasn't representative of how well Christopherson can play. If we had any depth at his position (thanks a lot, Lucca) he wouldn't have been out there.

Recruit
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by galactawitz View Post
    I get your point but with out limited roster, DG at the 2 gives us a penetrating guard from the wing. With Colvin and Christopherson and Gilstrap all three having shown they can shoot the 3 from their spots. DG doesn't pass well and averages 6 seconds of dribbling away the shot clock per possession. (Made up stat). Colvin looks to pass on penetration while DG is looking to tear drop.(Air balled one last night from 4 feet). I just think it would give DG a better angle to penetrate and open up Brackins that much more if he were at the 2. I think the rotation you just mentioned is probably needed as well though. 8 Scholarship players has 2 of the 3 players out of position!