Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240
    We lost out on yet another offensive lineman, with Arthur Ray headed to BC.

Link

We really need to get some beef up front. Losing out on these offensive linemen seemingly right and left is a bit worrisome.

Especially when the younger guys we do have are reportedly not performing all that well in the weight room and practice.

Last I checked there is a very, very good chance we'll graduate our entire offensive line from this season. Unless we start bringing in some quality guys, '07 could turn into '02 senior year for a very good QB with absolutely no protection up front. I'd rather not see that "movie" again.

Starter
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1
    If our staff is relying on HS o-line recruits to play next year the season is lost right now. The fact that Aaron Brant started as a true frosh wasn't a good thing, but an indicator how bad our o-line talent was. If after 3 years Barney Cotton hasn't been able to recruit better players and prevent a repeat of 2002, then Barney's job should be in jeopardy!

If our o-line is going to be any good next season then guys like Tibbs, Rubin, Stephens, Brandon Johnson, etc better be able to step up. If the staff is unhappy with guys currently on the roster as you mention, then I would expect for us to sign 3-4 JUCO o-line to help out next season.

I'm not saying we want to strike-out on stud HS o-line prospects, but I do think we can develop a quality o-line by recruiting that talent amongst Iowa HS's. IMO the ideal situation is bring kids along slowly and hopefully they are ready to play their red-shirt soph or junior seasons.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(isucy86 &#064; 07&#045;17&#045;06 12&#58;05 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> If our staff is relying on HS o-line recruits to play next year the season is lost right now. The fact that Aaron Brant started as a true frosh wasn&#39;t a good thing, but an indicator how bad our o-line talent was. If after 3 years Barney Cotton hasn&#39;t been able to recruit better players and prevent a repeat of 2002, then Barney&#39;s job should be in jeopardy&#33;

If our o-line is going to be any good next season then guys like Tibbs, Rubin, Stephens, Brandon Johnson, etc better be able to step up. If the staff is unhappy with guys currently on the roster as you mention, then I would expect for us to sign 3-4 JUCO o-line to help out next season.

I&#39;m not saying we want to strike-out on stud HS o-line prospects, but I do think we can develop a quality o-line by recruiting that talent amongst Iowa HS&#39;s. IMO the ideal situation is bring kids along slowly and hopefully they are ready to play their red-shirt soph or junior seasons.

[/b][/quote]

Great point, The players that are Jrs and sophs, eligibility wise, this year will make up next year&#39;s offensive line. Some RS Fr like Goos, Knapp, and Stephens might also be in the mix, since it would be their 3rd year in the system next fall. I would be concerned if Vargas or Hulbert were in the mix as RS FR. From comments, the most likely for next fall are Schober, Schmeling, Goos, Streit, Stephens and Knapp. Tibbs and Rubin would be also, but have not been seen performing yet by anyone. If they are not, they would be just another of the long list of JC misses on the offensive line.

[blockquote][/blockquote] This represents my opinions. It is a 100% certainty that I will be right or wrong.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(isucy86 &#064; 07&#045;17&#045;06 12&#58;05 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>If the staff is unhappy with guys currently on the roster as you mention, then I would expect for us to sign 3-4 JUCO o-line to help out next season.

[/b][/quote]

That&#39;s exactly what&#39;s going on, ISU looking at JUCO offensive linemen. Not a great sign.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    any names?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The names have only been mentioned on the premium board on CN - at least that&#39;s the only place I&#39;ve seen them.

So I can&#39;t post them here.