Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0
    So I saw a little blurb this morning in the Hawkeye Times that the championship game was played last night. They said Korver scored 41 and that Wes Johnson had 25 in the loss. Can anyone else provide further details? Also, I thought early on that Korver wasn't going to be available for the playoffs?? Thanks for any additional info.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 144
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CyinCo &#064; 07&#045;17&#045;06 8&#58;29 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> So I saw a little blurb this morning in the Hawkeye Times that the championship game was played last night. They said Korver scored 41 and that Wes Johnson had 25 in the loss. Can anyone else provide further details? Also, I thought early on that Korver wasn&#39;t going to be available for the playoffs?? Thanks for any additional info. [/b][/quote]

I was there and was it a treat. We sat right behind Korver&#39;s team bench and they were an impressive team to say the least. I will give my impressions of the games to my best ability.

Game 1: Peak Performance vs. Gratias Const.

Wesley Johnson was very impressive and is he going to be something special for us if he keeps at his current pace. He had some monster dunks and his offensive and defensive skills are very impressive for an incoming freshman. I have not been able to go to the games the last two weeks but had heard that Jiri was finally doing some post play so was encouraged, but last night he was doing his usual pick setting at the free throw line and then floating around the three point line getting ticked off when he didn&#39;t get the ball. He also let his temper get to him a few times by throwing elbows and arguing with the refs and that alone was the must frustrating part of being a Cylcone fan all night. Marsden played more like you would expect him to play but was not a huge factor. He did have some good minutes though. Sean Haluska looked good again as he has in the past. Gratias Construction won that one. W Johnson was a huge factor in that win.

Game 2: MOHA vs. CIO

Kyle Korver (76er) and Kaleb Korver (HS) played on MOHA team and although they had good minutes, Kyle was a little cold on the shooting for most of this game, probable cause he is used to shooting a three point shot from the half court line. Alex Thompson played exactly like Hubalek SHOULD BE playing. I can go into all the particulars but to sum it up, he was an ANIMAL inside. I hope he toughens up Hubalek and Marsden this year in practices, and next year cannot come soon enough as far as our bigs are concerned. Mike Taylor is about as impressive (and at times more) as W Johnson and his play on both sides of the ball was effective and a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Dodie Dunson played quite well also for CIO and, IMO, was the reason the game was close. I didn&#39;t keep track of shooting %, but he hit the three quite often. This game was back and forth. MOHA got a good lead and then got down by 10 and then BANG, there up by 5 again and won it pretty convincingly. Dustin Streff played pretty aggressively also, but I found out later that he is actually on the football team, not BB. Don&#39;t know much about him yet. MOHA won

Game 3: Championship game MOHA vs. Gratias

Key matchup - Kyle Korver vs. Wesley Johnson. Kyle found his groove in this game and this is where he had the 41 pts I am sure. You could tell he had NBA experience and he is an awesome player and I am not taking anything away from him, but there was times that W Johnson stole the ball from him or ruffled him enough to cause a turnover. I am just stating that saying that WJ has huge potential being an incoming freshman going against and NBA 3 man. With that being said, Kyle K was just something to watch, with his fadeaway shots, lightning quick passing and his defensive skills. Wesley held his own though and he&#39;s earned his keep with me. Alex Thompson played the same in the second game as he did in the first and to say he is an impressive post player is an understatement. AT would be the starter if he didn&#39;t have to sit out a year, I can pretty much assure you. Mike Taylor played extremely well again but sprained an ankle or something late in the first half and might have been a little affected by that when he played in the second half but he still was very impressive. There was a lot of guard weapons on that team. Kaleb Korver was a very confident player in that game too and had some big three&#39;s. And LAST AND LEAST, Hubalek........****** off at the world, throwing elbows, bricking three after three, and pretty much ineffective as a post player other then when he got a fortunated rebound when he collapsed to the rim from the three point line. Cross your fingers on this one Cyclone fans and pray GMAC straightens this one out. Plenty of comments from the crowd about having "a 7 ft&#39;er putting up a shot like that"........

MOHA won the championship in overtime. All three were extremely fun to watch and there was a lot of talent on every team. MOHA basically played two games back to back( with a 15 min break) and the Korver&#39;s are definitely something to watch. It would have been great if the Klayton Korver(Drake) would have been there. There was some tired players after the last game. I would love to go see the games again and would say that the whole experience was positive other than the Hubalek situation.

Mediacom was there and said the championship game will be played Tuesday @ 7pm and two other times this week so everyone else can see the game who has mediacom or have someone tape it for you. It will be worth it to see it, I can assure you of that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    According to the Register games will be shown on local mediacom channel Tuesday at 8 p.m., Wednesday at 7 p.m. and Friday at 10 p.m. I sat with Cyclones Rule so we have similar aspects since we talked about them all game long. Kyle Korver is a stud and is down to earth as anyone considering he signed a 25 million dollar deal. Dodie Dunson stopped to say hi and grins from ear to ear. I am a lot more excited after last night about these guys. Wesley Johnson is a lot like Rashon except I think he is a better shooter and I know he has better ball handling skills. Mike Taylor and Alex Thompson as a combo was something to watch. Make sure to tune in&#33;

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks for the updates.

PS...Streff was a walk on last year on the bball team. I&#39;m sure he is on the bball team and not the football team.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    except that streff ran out of eligability for basketball last year.

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISU11 &#064; 07&#045;17&#045;06 11&#58;19 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> except that streff ran out of eligability for basketball last year. [/b][/quote]

So he is walking on the football team this year? He has some size. He might make a good tight end but we have some really good tight ends on the team right now.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 613
    Dustin at 6-7, 250 pounds, might be a good tight end after all. Give it a shot on the field. Seems like a few other bnasketball players were better suited to football, like Tony G.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    antonio gates for note. antonio has really made the position a big part of the game now

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I was very impresed with W.Johnson in the Championship game as well as Taylor....Both guys i believe will be good players in the future..I also thought that Iowa transfer Alex Thompson played really solid as well

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8
    Watched the championship that I had taped last night. I was finding myself saying a lot of "what are you doing Jiri!?!?" several times. He was a black hole on offense, once he got the ball he was not going to give it back. Was very disappointed at what I saw from him. He played out of control and took more 3 point shots than posting up people I think.

I was really impressed with Alex Thompson. I can't wait to see what a year off working with G-Mac is going to do for his game. He posted up Jiri with ease a few times and was really crashing the boards well. He would easily be our best big man if he was eligible to play this season I think.

Wesley Johnson plays a lot like Clark but dribbles the ball much better. Don't think his shot is as good as Rahshon's but he did show some range. Defensively he was very active.

Mike Taylor looked ok from what I saw but he sat out most of the 2nd half after tweaking the ankle. Hard to analyze him without seeing more but he definately is quick and athletic.

And finally, I wouldn't mind signing the young Korver kid. He has some work to do still but man he can shoot the 3 like his brother! He hit some LONG 3's in the game, a couple had to have been at least 25 footers or farther. Kyle Korver and Erik Crawford both looked polished compared to everyone else due to their expirience. Kyle was lights out when he got a decent look at a shot. He'd come off a screen and nail these fadeaway 3's with ease.