Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Clifford Morgan

  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,505, Level: 85
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,045
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,528
    Points
    75,505
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 947

    Clifford Morgan

    I ran into Clifford and his mom this morning at the Des Moines airport as they were heading back to Florida.

    All I can say is I am glad this guy verballed to us. Both he and his mom where very nice and said they enjoyed their visit to ISU and thought the basketball atomosphere was great. This guy has a good frame and I could see him packing on some weight and playing OLB. Scout has him listed at 6'2" 189 lbs. I would say more like 6'3"/4" range and close to 200 lbs. Whether he stays at safety or moves to linebacker I think this kid is going to be good.


    Last edited by isufbcurt; 01-25-2010 at 08:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,265, Level: 83
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,563
    Points
    72,265
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 193

    Re: Clifford Moore

    Clifford Morgan I believe. Good story though. I heard he was a really under the radar type guy and we got on him really early which is usually a sign that we wanted him a lot. Hope he pans out!


    Last edited by cyfan964; 01-25-2010 at 08:46 PM.
    Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

    -acgclone

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,505, Level: 85
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,045
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,528
    Points
    75,505
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 947

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Thanks I was watching TV and heard the name Moore as I was typing lol, fixed it.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 18,122, Level: 41
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,329
    Points
    18,122
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    I ran into Clifford and his mom this morning at the Des Moines airport as they were heading back to Florida.

    All I can say is I am glad this guy verballed to us. Both he and his mom where very nice and said they enjoyed their visit to ISU and thought the basketball atomosphere was great. This guy has a good frame and I could see him packing on some weight and playing OLB. Scout has him listed at 6'2" 189 lbs. I would say more like 6'3"/4" range and close to 200 lbs. Whether he stays at safety or moves to linebacker I think this kid is going to be good.
    I saw a roster of the Offense/Defense all-star game, where he played WR, and it listed him at 6-4, so you could be right that he is a little bigger than what it shows on the commitment list.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 54,578, Level: 72
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,235
    Points
    54,578
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    I remember a post a while back talking about Wally's desire to recruit players for different positions. Meaning recruiting larger linebackers to move to DE and safeties to move to LB. Because if Mr. Morgan was 6'-3" 210 lbs and still ran that 4.6 he would be a highly sought after linebacker. Instead, he was a lightly recruited guy for the secondary. I think this tactic could introduce Iowa State with a methodology to recruiting that actually helps us against the Nebraskas, texas, Oklahomas....we cant out-recruit these schools. But we can recruit guys that are tweeners while the top programs take the cream of the crop. Then a position change or two and suddenly we have what you truly need to be an effective defense - PLAYMAKERS at each level and an increase to overall team athleticism.

    Speed rushers off the edge, Speed at the outside linebackers, and speed in the secondary.

    Any way you look at it, i think Coach Rhoads and his staff see the need to increase our overall team speed on defense and we cant just go out and sign the playmakers at the three levels, so you recruit the guys that can maintain speed and put on some additional size for their frame to fill a team void.

    Brilliant recruiting if you ask me, if in fact this is what their doing.....



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,340, Level: 60
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,780
    Points
    38,340
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Morgan is a guy the staff offered very early. Gotta like that.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 177,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,428
    Points
    177,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 77

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Looks like a OLB to me. I am excited about the future under Wally.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 361,703, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,235
    Points
    361,703
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 74

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    I love tall guys on defense. Some will shy away from a guy that is 6'4 or so becaue they can lose leverage battle at times, but I love height. If this kid can be 6'3 and 240, he could be an animal out there either at LB or SS. I see a lot of these "under the radar" athletes. Thats what we need right now. We simply are not going to get the guys that are sure things at this point. We need to take raw athleticism and coach it up.


    It's all snark from here on out

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 400,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,361
    Points
    400,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 622
    Given: 390

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I saw a roster of the Offense/Defense all-star game, where he played WR, and it listed him at 6-4, so you could be right that he is a little bigger than what it shows on the commitment list.

    What does Scout do? Look at a picture of him running and try to guessimate his height. Or is the figure a year old and he grew a couple?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 177,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,428
    Points
    177,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 77

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Did you think he has the frame to grow into a DE?



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 54,578, Level: 72
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,235
    Points
    54,578
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    We need to take raw athleticism and coach it up.
    YAMAN - YOU NAILED IT!!!!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 361,703, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,235
    Points
    361,703
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 74

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Did you think he has the frame to grow into a DE?
    I didn't see him like the OP did but I would say possibly. If that is what they want out of him that has to be the intention from the get-go though. I really think the intention is to make him into a linebacker, but if we do have DE in mind he needs to be on the correct strength and conditioning prgrams right away because he is a little small right now.


    It's all snark from here on out

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 54,578, Level: 72
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,235
    Points
    54,578
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I didn't see him like the OP did but I would say possibly. If that is what they want out of him that has to be the intention from the get-go though. I really think the intention is to make him into a linebacker, but if we do have DE in mind he needs to be on the correct strength and conditioning prgrams right away because he is a little small right now.
    i think your closer with the WLB would be my guess if in fact he's 6-3 6-4 and 189-200, his frame could easily put on 20-25 pounds without major reduction in speed. Based on his photos, guys already cut, if he stayed at safety and had range to cover and blast some people i wouldnt mind that either...

    I just want 4 guys on our defense that has the impact of David Sims and this defense will be completely different. we need at least 1-2 impact defensive lineman....thats what this defense is lacking right now is that impact guy on the dline....Lets all hope and pray that my man Rony Nelson brings it - if he does, those qb's wont be back there reading up on their Basketweaving Cliff Notes while waiting for their WR to get open before he throws it.....funny how much better a defense gets when you get early pressure off the edge......



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,174, Level: 90
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,174
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    i think your closer with the WLB would be my guess if in fact he's 6-3 6-4 and 189-200, his frame could easily put on 20-25 pounds without major reduction in speed. Based on his photos, guys already cut, if he stayed at safety and had range to cover and blast some people i wouldnt mind that either...

    I just want 4 guys on our defense that has the impact of David Sims and this defense will be completely different. we need at least 1-2 impact defensive lineman....thats what this defense is lacking right now is that impact guy on the dline....Lets all hope and pray that my man Rony Nelson brings it - if he does, those qb's wont be back there reading up on their Basketweaving Cliff Notes while waiting for their WR to get open before he throws it.....funny how much better a defense gets when you get early pressure off the edge......
    IMO- Pressure up the middle is more important than the edge when facing spread offenses. The spread can attack the pressure from the edge not so much from the middle. Most defenses that have been able to stop the spread have done so with creating havoc in the middle.

    Of course, I would take both



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 162,500, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,749
    Points
    162,500
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 108

    Re: Clifford Morgan

    So how many of these incoming freshman will make an immediate impact from day 1?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM