Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 16,567, Level: 39
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cdekovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,021
    Points
    16,567
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    New refs for the KU game?

    Sorry if this has already been posted out there but holy crap, I haven't seen such inconsistant calls in a Big XII game in a long time. I don't recall having to boo so much at the refes in a while. I've also been to a ton of games over the years and don't ever recall seeing this reffing crew before..

    J.B. Caldwell, Brad Ferrie, Hal Lusk

    Did these guys just move up from 6 on 6 girls high school ball? Maybe they came up on the team bus...
    The were terrible!


    Hit it hard, every yard

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,818, Level: 61
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,040
    Points
    39,818
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Its kansas what do you expect? Them and duke get all the calls.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 95,211, Level: 96
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,211
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    I thought the last 2 fouls on Hamilton were bull. His 3rd one the KU player basically was out of control trying to start the break and ran into Ham and tripped. The 4th foul sure looked like a clean block and the whistle came a little late on top of it. How he gets called for those 2 yet Dendy got hammered once and thrown out of bounds and no foul called, the obvious moving screen no-call right in front of one ref and the ISU bench with Mac yelling at the ref the whole time, and a few other missed travel calls in front of the ISU bench too really irked me. Then on top of that Bill Self was arguing with the refs at times too when THEY were the ones getting the better end of the deal on botched calls!

    The flagrant called when Dendy was going in for the dunk was a long time coming I thought. The refs had let the game get a little out of control physically I thought so you just knew one of those hard fouls was coming eventually.

    The refs did not cost us the game obviously but there were a few times they sure killed any momentum we had. I think having Ham in there more might have helped on Aldrich and contained him a little more.


    Go Cubs Go!

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 19,253, Level: 42
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CyFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    931
    Points
    19,253
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    How about on the KU missed shot where Aldrich comes plowing into the pile from behind knocking Scotty clear off the court and Aldrich goes to the line?!

    The officiating was horse ****.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 95,211, Level: 96
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,211
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    I can't remember if that was the same play but I remember one where they gave Aldrich 2 shots and he wasn't even trying to shoot when the foul was called and KU was not in the bonus yet either. Was pretty early in the game I think


    Go Cubs Go!

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 92,155, Level: 94
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,662
    Points
    92,155
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 1,172

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    check out the ad on the left side of the page. i think that's where they learned how to ref. Become A Top Level Basketball Referee


    Are you a member?

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 16,567, Level: 39
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cdekovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,021
    Points
    16,567
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    check out the ad on the left side of the page. i think that's where they learned how to ref. Become A Top Level Basketball Referee
    I like that he USED to be an NBA official! He's working his way back down to 6 on 6 high school girls!!


    Hit it hard, every yard

  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 4,474, Level: 19
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    118
    Points
    4,474
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    You know one thing that would make me just a bit happy is to see our huge coach have a melt down ala Bobby Knight, and launch a chair out into the court. Show that he has some emotion. Sometimes players respond to that, and from my recollection he has NEVER received a T in his career here.

    McD is just plain too reactionary in his style. Dictate the tempo, the style, not, "oh they are doing this, so if we don't adjust and run this play that sometimes works in this situation then we might get lucky and make a basket."

    He reminds me a little bit of Fonzie in the Waterboy.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 409,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,336
    Points
    409,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 198

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdekovic View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted out there but holy crap, I haven't seen such inconsistant calls in a Big XII game in a long time. I don't recall having to boo so much at the refes in a while. I've also been to a ton of games over the years and don't ever recall seeing this reffing crew before..

    J.B. Caldwell, Brad Ferrie, Hal Lusk

    Did these guys just move up from 6 on 6 girls high school ball? Maybe they came up on the team bus...
    The were terrible!
    J.B. Caldwell - College Basketball Referee
    Brad Ferrie - College Basketball Referee
    Hal Lusk - College Basketball Referee



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 39,232, Level: 61
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Points
    39,232
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 13

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by idaclone View Post
    You know one thing that would make me just a bit happy is to see our huge coach have a melt down ala Bobby Knight, and launch a chair out into the court. Show that he has some emotion. Sometimes players respond to that, and from my recollection he has NEVER received a T in his career here.

    McD is just plain too reactionary in his style. Dictate the tempo, the style, not, "oh they are doing this, so if we don't adjust and run this play that sometimes works in this situation then we might get lucky and make a basket."

    He reminds me a little bit of Fonzie in the Waterboy.
    I thought he got pretty fired up. Especially the one time when he was out on the court and everyone in the building was going nuts. Throwing a chair would have been VERY emotional and I would have been fine with it, but I'm also fine with the fact that he can somewhat keep his emotions in check and not get out of control.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 409,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,336
    Points
    409,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 198

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    I dont think he needs to throw a chair, but at some point going out and getting a T (or even getting close to one) wouldnt hurt.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,770, Level: 89
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 980
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,186
    Points
    82,770
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 10

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Imagine trying to explain to your kid that throwing chairs is not an appropriate behavior after they see a grown man throw one across the court.




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,946, Level: 71
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,700
    Points
    52,946
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 64

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I thought the last 2 fouls on Hamilton were bull. His 3rd one the KU player basically was out of control trying to start the break and ran into Ham and tripped. The 4th foul sure looked like a clean block and the whistle came a little late on top of it. How he gets called for those 2 yet Dendy got hammered once and thrown out of bounds and no foul called, the obvious moving screen no-call right in front of one ref and the ISU bench with Mac yelling at the ref the whole time, and a few other missed travel calls in front of the ISU bench too really irked me. Then on top of that Bill Self was arguing with the refs at times too when THEY were the ones getting the better end of the deal on botched calls!

    The flagrant called when Dendy was going in for the dunk was a long time coming I thought. The refs had let the game get a little out of control physically I thought so you just knew one of those hard fouls was coming eventually.

    The refs did not cost us the game obviously but there were a few times they sure killed any momentum we had. I think having Ham in there more might have helped on Aldrich and contained him a little more.
    The irony of Ham's 4th foul was that it was against Collins, who spent a large portion of 2nd half warmups (and pretty much every other dead ball opportunity throughout the game) working over the refs.


    Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,946, Level: 71
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,700
    Points
    52,946
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 64

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdekovic View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted out there but holy crap, I haven't seen such inconsistant calls in a Big XII game in a long time. I don't recall having to boo so much at the refes in a while. I've also been to a ton of games over the years and don't ever recall seeing this reffing crew before..

    J.B. Caldwell, Brad Ferrie, Hal Lusk

    Did these guys just move up from 6 on 6 girls high school ball? Maybe they came up on the team bus...
    The were terrible!

    The Texas game was actually MUCH worse. However, the difference was that in the Texas game, the blown calls were pretty much equally divided between both teams.

    The unfortunate about this crew is that they committed the ultimate sin of officiating - they let themselves become the focus of the game rather than the players. And at this level, there is NO excuse for that.


    Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,946, Level: 71
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,700
    Points
    52,946
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 64

    Re: New refs for the KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    I thought he got pretty fired up. Especially the one time when he was out on the court and everyone in the building was going nuts. Throwing a chair would have been VERY emotional and I would have been fine with it, but I'm also fine with the fact that he can somewhat keep his emotions in check and not get out of control.

    I thought when he slammed his coat on the floor he was going to work himself into a T for sure. I'll give him credit, he handled that ***-pounding by this crew MUCH better than I would have. I hope he takes other appropriate avenues to let the league office know our concerns.


    Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM