Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 33

2010 Calendar

Just getting around to squaring away some Christmas gifts. My BIL got me a 2010 ISU Football calendar that I just opened today.

January 2010 - Picture of #6, Jason Scales. At first, I am like, wth? Jason Scales graduated, why is he on a 2010 calendar?

Then I flip through the rest of the months. There are nice pictures of....Michael Bibbs, RJ Sumrall, Nick Slobidsky, Kurtis Taylor, Brandon Johnson, and Brandon Hunley. Wow, way to capture the star power of ISU football. Is there some NCAA rule that current players cannot be used?

And, the twelve months only have these 7 guys, there are two different pictures of several of them.

Anyway, not a big deal, but I got a laugh out of it. What a weak effort. Can't wait until March 2010 so I can get fired up over Nick Slobidsky.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: 2010 Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Just getting around to squaring away some Christmas gifts. My BIL got me a 2010 ISU Football calendar that I just opened today.

January 2010 - Picture of #6, Jason Scales. At first, I am like, wth? Jason Scales graduated, why is he on a 2010 calendar?

Then I flip through the rest of the months. There are nice pictures of....Michael Bibbs, RJ Sumrall, Nick Slobidsky, Kurtis Taylor, Brandon Johnson, and Brandon Hunley. Wow, way to capture the star power of ISU football. Is there some NCAA rule that current players cannot be used?

And, the twelve months only have these 7 guys, there are two different pictures of several of them.

Anyway, not a big deal, but I got a laugh out of it. What a weak effort. Can't wait until March 2010 so I can get fired up over Nick Slobidsky.
    uh who is that

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 350

I have that one too.. Its pretty cool if you just ignore who is actually in it :)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post

Yes, the NCAA prohibits using currently eligible athletes in products like this. That's why, for example, you don't see names of current players used in NCAA video games.

As for why some better known former players aren't used, I'm not sure. It might have something to do with not being able to get permission from the players?