Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 25

OZARKS... Help

Iím looking for some advice on boat rentals and house rentals. There are about 15 of us guys going down for a bachelor party over Memorial Day weekend. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate anything.

Last edited by 2forISU; 01-21-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: OZARKS... Help

Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    Iím looking for some advice on boat rentals and house rentals. There are about 15 of us guys going down for a bachelor party over Memorial Day weekend. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate anything.

Are you sure thats the right kind of motor boating the bachelor wants to do?

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Don't drive a car or boat after drinking. Trust me!!!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 216

Actually if you all are dead set on staying with each other there are homes down there for rent that actually hold that many people. You can also rent a houseboat if you don't mind sleeping on that. Also you will need to rent a boat or possibly 2.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Memorial Day weekend? Hope money is not a worry.

Prospect
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Better find a place quick, thats if its not to late already. Alot of places you need to make reservations about a year in advance.

Starter Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Every summer my family and I go down their for a week. The place we stay has a bunch of condos that are right on the water. Its a GREAT place to stay because their are a bunch of restaurants (Franky and Louie's, Crazy Gators, etc.) near by that you can get to in 5 min. by boat. Now as for boats idk how much I can help ya because we just bring ours down but definitely would recommend Lone Oak Point. Good luck! Enjoy!

http://www.funlake.com/accommodations/loneoak/

The Pride of Iowa State...

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Been going to the Lake of the Ozarks for 30 years for a week or two in early August. Obviously, love the place. A must stop for your group is"Big Dick's Half Way Inn" , awesome T-Shirts. All the Bar/Restaurant's that have boat dock's also have land access. Depending on where you stay, boat time on the water will limit where you go--its a huge lake-1500 mile shoreline-45/50 miles from the dam at Osage Beach to Truman dam at Warsaw. A boat rental could be $500 + gas per day. Jet ski rentals would be a hit for your age group. On a holiday week-end, the lake is crowded and the water is rough, may I suggest the "quiet side of the lake" (water is not as rough) which would be the Camdenton or Hurricane Bridge area. Captain Ron's was "the" place last summer for your age. Outside circus tent bar set up and sand beach+nice indoor bar/restaurant. Its between Laurie and Greenview. Get on the internet-now, Memorial week-end is always the first big deal. The economy has hurt the businesses down there big time so I would expect you should get some reasoable deals.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,147
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 50

We researched house boats for later in June already and many of them are already gone for desirable dates. You're probably too late if you want a house boat for Memorial Day but it wouldn't hurt to look.

Also, if you are college age, you need to research the Missouri Boater's License rules. They require everyone born after a certain date (I think in 1985) to have a license. In order to acquire the license, you must take these online quizzes. It's not too hard but does take some time. I had to get mine for when we visit my uncle's house down there every summer and I spend a lot of time on a wave runner. Plus, most boat rentals are cheaper if you have your license.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 34

I would do the house boat. Probably expensive but I am always jealous of the big boats on their way to and back from party cove when we are down there. Looks like a huge party going and you can tell they are super hung over on the way back.

Last edited by cyclonesurveyor; 01-21-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than selfish and worry about my liver."
    --by Jack Handy

st8

where you need to be: anywhere between lake mile marker 1 (the dam) and mile marker 20ish (town of osage beach). this is "the happening" end of the lake where basically everything you need to have a good time with the guys is located. close to the majority of the bars with boat access (shady gators, horny toad, backwater jacks, dock knockers, etc.) party cove is in the state park off of lake mile 18, you don't want to be that far from here if you plan on going multiple times, unless money is no object, gas on the lake isn't cheap.

things you'll want to do : party cove, there are tons of companies that rent pontoons for hourly or daily rates. I'm betting that you can still find some of these available but look to pay extra since it's memorial day weekend as opposed to just any regular weekend. there will be tons of bar crawls that will take you to a dozen or so different night life spots. I know they do these on fridays and saturdays pretty much all summer and they're relatively cheap ($10 or so + what you spend on booze) there is a decent strip joint (hwy 54 just outside of downtown lake ozark). it isn't fully nude but they're willing to beat the groom and grind all on his face and everything that goes along with bachelor parties.If you're looking for golf, the further you are from the lake, the cheaper it gets. skanks, they're everywhere...

things you don't want to do : worst place ever to drive a boat or car drunk, tons of cops and tons of lake patrol. dont rent PWC's on a weekend like this, the lake is far too choppy with all the traffic that will be out there that it wont even be all that enjoyable.

don't know much about boat or house rental because we have a condo and a boat so I've never done it. the larger hotels/resorts (horny toad for example) have shuttles to get you around, marinas thay contract with, and make it easy for you to get everything you need for a big party weekend in one place. only problem is you'd probably be in a few hotel rooms instead of a condo/house.

this is a good boat rental link
    Lake of the Ozarks boat rental, pontoon rental at Lake of the Ozarks, house boat rental Lake of the Ozarks, jet ski rental

hope this helps

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks for all the advice!

All-Star
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

If you hear any banjo music.... Don't hesitate, get the hell out a there!

All things flow according to the whims of the great magnet.

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail."

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

arent their enough toothless hoosiers to party with in iowa ?

Honor Before Victory

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Is there a strip of bars that everyone goes at night?