Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,506, Level: 96
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,180
    Points
    95,506
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    sounds like bad conjucture on my part..

    Against Nebraska Lucca came close to blowing a knee in the second half. I'm convinced that is the reason he left. He sees basketball as his income support, and came very close to a potential career ending injury. I personally don't blame him for going home. If he can get a contract to play, why risk it here? I don't condon leaving mid season, but it had to be a real eye opener for him. Without that knee rollup, I'm convinced he would still be at Iowa State. No inside info, just conjecture.


    Last edited by ketelmeister; 01-21-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Again? this is the third one and I disagree becaus ehe reportedly had a ticket Saturday to leave. This stuff doesn't happen in 4 days.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 6,641, Level: 24
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Clonester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    165
    Points
    6,641
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Sounds like he already had his plane ticket booked. I think he already knew what he was going to do.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,497, Level: 80
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,786
    Points
    67,497
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 2

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    These threads are CF's version of Groundhog Day.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 9,326, Level: 28
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    jakecovo21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    360
    Points
    9,326
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    why are we still talking about this guy. he effed us.. lets move on.


    Love me some: Stone Cold Stunners and Erin Andrews

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,287, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,666
    Points
    42,287
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    Against Nebraska Lucca came close to blowing a knee in the second half. I'm convinced that is the reason he left. He sees basketball as his income support, and came very close to a potential career ending injury. I personally don't blame him for going home. If he can get a contract to play, why risk it here? I don't condon leaving mid season, but it had to be a real eye opener for him. Without that knee rollup, I'm convinced he would still be at Iowa State. No inside info, just conjecture.
    Maybe there should be a rule that you can't post in a thread until you have read what others have already posted. Your conjecture has already been shot down by a poster with good sources to the program.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 29,565, Level: 52
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Points
    29,565
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    I disagree too. The reason is opportunity met need/want. I'm guessing he's been waiting and I bet he had an agent searching as well. Just bad timing for ISU. That would explain him practicing right up until the end - to not create more controversy than necessary, and to hedge bets.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 335,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,730
    Points
    335,044
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Incorrect.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 25,021, Level: 48
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jack & Hilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,109
    Points
    25,021
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    No the real reason is he was a German spy and he has completed his mission.


    I'll take a Jack & Hilton

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 68,899, Level: 81
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 851
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,357
    Points
    68,899
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 18

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack & Hilton View Post
    No the real reason is he was a German spy and he has completed his mission.
    +1. Hans Landa recalled him back to Germany.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 98,509, Level: 97
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,805
    Points
    98,509
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 34

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack & Hilton View Post
    No the real reason is he was a German spy and he has completed his mission.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 253,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,444
    Points
    253,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 370

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    Against Nebraska Lucca came close to blowing a knee in the second half. I'm convinced that is the reason he left. He sees basketball as his income support, and came very close to a potential career ending injury. I personally don't blame him for going home. If he can get a contract to play, why risk it here? I don't condon leaving mid season, but it had to be a real eye opener for him. Without that knee rollup, I'm convinced he would still be at Iowa State. No inside info, just conjecture.
    I'm convinced that you are wrong.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 20,467, Level: 43
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    akclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    515
    Posts
    1,016
    Points
    20,467
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Even if this was true he should have thought of the risks before he committed to his teammates. He made a commitment and bailed.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,506, Level: 96
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,180
    Points
    95,506
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    If he was already booked, i stand corrected. I havent been connected all week until today. Out of the country.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 42,785, Level: 63
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,381
    Points
    42,785
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 23

    Re: Lucca's near knee blowout the reason...

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    Sounds like he already had his plane ticket booked. I think he already knew what he was going to do.
    I thought he had just purchased a car on Monday. Why would he buy a car on Monday, if he had a plane ticket purchased on Saturday?


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM