Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 11,323, Level: 32
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ames via ne iowa
    Posts
    497
    Points
    11,323
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Visitors this weekend

    big weekend for recruiting. Scout says we have these people visiting this weekend:

    Adrian Golden - Yahoo! Sports Read that he was not coming on his visit here and will likely end up JUCO

    Kenneth Kirksey - Yahoo! Sports. Hopefully we can get him to commit this weekend as he is scheduled to visit Rutgers next weekend

    Isiah Corbett - Yahoo! Sports Under the radar guy who hasn't been getting a lot of attention. Here's an article about him Glades Central coach Jessie Hester: more de-commitments possible | High School Buzz


    "We embrace that challenge and what it presents to us. Im going to approach all 12 games this way: Were going to win them all. If we prepare and then go out and execute, were going to win all 12. Now how many are we going to end up with at the end of the year? I dont know, and youre right, I wont put a number on it."- Paul Rhoads on having the toughest schedule in the Big 12

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 220,029, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,452
    Points
    220,029
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 337
    Given: 423

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    If we get golden it would be great. However grades are an issue it sounds like.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Visitors this weekend


  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 11,323, Level: 32
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ames via ne iowa
    Posts
    497
    Points
    11,323
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by mt85 View Post
    Yes he is not coming, will likely end up at Ellsworth in Iowa, Grand Rapids CC, or Mississippi Gulf Coast.

    Adrian Golden?s backup plan coming into focus | Home Team | Tampabay.com


    "We embrace that challenge and what it presents to us. Im going to approach all 12 games this way: Were going to win them all. If we prepare and then go out and execute, were going to win all 12. Now how many are we going to end up with at the end of the year? I dont know, and youre right, I wont put a number on it."- Paul Rhoads on having the toughest schedule in the Big 12

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 94,324, Level: 95
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,711
    Points
    94,324
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 65

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    Yes he is not coming, will likely end up at Ellsworth in Iowa, Grand Rapids CC, or Mississippi Gulf Coast.

    Adrian Golden?s backup plan coming into focus | Home Team | Tampabay.com
    Man, it would be nice to see him end up at Ellsworth. Don't want the hoks sniffing around though.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 82,950, Level: 89
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,871
    Points
    82,950
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 215

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Man, it would be nice to see him end up at Ellsworth. Don't want the hoks sniffing around though.
    I know what you're saying, but they usually dont take jucos, so we might be ok.


    #BEATIOWA

  7. #7
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    I know what you're saying, but they usually dont take jucos, so we might be ok.
    Signed,

    Amari Spievey



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 23,431, Level: 46
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Swanson10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    Points
    23,431
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Signed,

    Amari Spievey

    Co-signed,

    The 9 RBs they will have on the roster next year.


    NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 82,950, Level: 89
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,871
    Points
    82,950
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 215

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Signed,

    Amari Spievey
    Amari Spievey - Yahoo! Sports

    He signed with Iowa out of HS and Iowa placed him at an Iowa juco. They always take back a lot of kids that sign with them but then have to go juco due to grades.

    also saw Cliff Morgan is visiting this weekend.


    Last edited by ripvdub; 01-21-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    #BEATIOWA

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 347,776, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,480
    Points
    347,776
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 89

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Amari Spievey - Yahoo! Sports

    He signed with Iowa out of HS and Iowa placed him at an Iowa juco. They always take back a lot of kids that sign with them but then have to go juco due to grades.

    also saw Floyd Mattison is visiting this weekend.
    I hope that is just to visit and it doesn't mean he is comparing to anything. Well, actually,I don't care if he is but I don't want him leaving. He may be one of the most athletic kids to ever be on campus. I have read some stuff and he sounds like an animal.


    It's all snark from here on out

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 82,950, Level: 89
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,871
    Points
    82,950
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 215

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I hope that is just to visit and it doesn't mean he is comparing to anything. Well, actually,I don't care if he is but I don't want him leaving. He may be one of the most athletic kids to ever be on campus. I have read some stuff and he sounds like an animal.
    My bad. I meant to write Cliff Morgan. They remind me of each other, i want them both to play the hybrid nickle spot in their careers. Sorry for the confusion


    #BEATIOWA

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 347,776, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,480
    Points
    347,776
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 89

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    My bad. I meant to write Cliff Morgan. They remind me of each other, i want them both to play the hybrid nickle spot in their careers. Sorry for the confusion
    No worries but I feel the same way. Floyd would be perfect for that "spinner" spot.


    It's all snark from here on out

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 117,647, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,718
    Points
    117,647
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 358

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Corbett isn't coming but this potential grayshirt is;

    Nick Kron - Yahoo! Sports

    Let's hope Kirksey enjoys the wintry mix of Ames this weekend, he's gotta be the #1 choice right now.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,454, Level: 87
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,522
    Points
    79,454
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 63

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    big weekend for recruiting. Scout says we have these people visiting this weekend:

    Adrian Golden - Yahoo! Sports Read that he was not coming on his visit here and will likely end up JUCO

    Kenneth Kirksey - Yahoo! Sports. Hopefully we can get him to commit this weekend as he is scheduled to visit Rutgers next weekend

    Isiah Corbett - Yahoo! Sports Under the radar guy who hasn't been getting a lot of attention. Here's an article about him Glades Central coach Jessie Hester: more de-commitments possible | High School Buzz
    I'll take Kirksey, he looks physically mature for a high schooler. 6'1" and 290 is a pretty good start for the DT position which is an obvious need for ISU. Depending on his skill level, he could start from day one in Ames.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 11,323, Level: 32
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ames via ne iowa
    Posts
    497
    Points
    11,323
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Visitors this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by A-town Cy View Post
    Corbett isn't coming but this potential grayshirt is;

    Nick Kron - Yahoo! Sports

    Let's hope Kirksey enjoys the wintry mix of Ames this weekend, he's gotta be the #1 choice right now.
    Not doubting you, but where did you hear that he wasn't visiting?


    "We embrace that challenge and what it presents to us. Im going to approach all 12 games this way: Were going to win them all. If we prepare and then go out and execute, were going to win all 12. Now how many are we going to end up with at the end of the year? I dont know, and youre right, I wont put a number on it."- Paul Rhoads on having the toughest schedule in the Big 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM