Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 32

Deace loses his mind this morning

Not even sure if people care but making fun of Deace is so much fun I have to post this.

On Miller & Deace this morning, they obviously discussed the whole Colvin situation. Quite predictably, Deace got on his moral high ground and starting tearing down Mac saying he has betrayed his principles, sacrificed his integrity, starting making comparisons between the Colvin situation and cheating on your wife, blah, blah, blah. All standard Deace stuff. He gets in an argument about integrity and principles with a caller who sides with Mac, and the caller asks Deace why do you do your morning radio show? Since you claim you are a family first man and put family above all else and call out Urban Meyer for hanging out at a basketball game instead of spending time with his family, why do the morning radio show? He then argued that it sounds like he just wants to hang out with his buddy to talk sports and collect an easy paycheck.

A long silence followed, and Deace then stated his show doesn't interfere with his family and was absolutely outraged and offended that someone would dare call out his commitment to his family. He then repeated his argument that it is not possible that Urban Meyer can commit to his family and attend a basketball game.

Deace acts so righteous and moral, I just love the fact that someone actually decided to point the gun back at him and watch him freak out.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 113

Re: Deace loses his mind this morning

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Not even sure if people care but making fun of Deace is so much fun I have to post this.

On Miller & Deace this morning, they obviously discussed the whole Colvin situation. Quite predictably, Deace got on his moral high ground and starting tearing down Mac saying he has betrayed his principles, sacrificed his integrity, starting making comparisons between the Colvin situation and cheating on your wife, blah, blah, blah. All standard Deace stuff. He gets in an argument about integrity and principles with a caller who sides with Mac, and the caller asks Deace why do you do your morning radio show? Since you claim you are a family first man and put family above all else and call out Urban Meyer for hanging out at a basketball game instead of spending time with his family, why do the morning radio show? He then argued that it sounds like he just wants to hang out with his buddy to talk sports and collect an easy paycheck.

A long silence followed, and Deace then stated his show doesn't interfere with his family and was absolutely outraged and offended that someone would dare call out his commitment to his family. He then repeated his argument that it is not possible that Urban Meyer can commit to his family and attend a basketball game.

Deace acts so righteous and moral, I just love the fact that someone actually decided to point the gun back at him and watch him freak out.
    I'd like Deace a lot more if he didn't act like he was the model of human perfection.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 316

Good post.

One thing that I have learned in life is that most people who are constantly telling others how righteous and moral they are are actually much worse people than those they are preaching too. Truly good people aren't obsessed with telling others how good they themselves are and how bad other people are.

All-Star
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'd like Deace a lot more if he didn't act like he was the model of human perfection.
    If that model is the Michelin Man!

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 99

I generally find that the more a person points his finger at others not living "properly" the more they themselves are the one not living "properly."

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,376
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 0

I thought the guy that called in and suggested Deace is a hypocrite because of doing two radio shows and neglecting his family was out of line.

I essentially agreed with Miller and Deace. If I was GMac I wouldn't have suited Colvin (without knowing all of the facts of how he has progressed since the Duke game). But I just can't go down the same road as them and begin to think that the earth will crack and swallow up Hilton Coliseum because of it either.

Legend
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 863
    Given: 177

The guy that called in told Deace he does not spend enough time with his family, and Deace took offense. Sorry but I do not blame him at all.

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

hahahahhahahaha There's just something about Deace and how he tries to act so morally superior at all times.

He can be even worse on his afternoon show. I once listened to his show when he was interviewing one of the leaders of the tea party movement, and just -kept- trying to pin all of his own morals and ideals to the tea party. You could just tell he was trying to get the tea party guy to comment on religion, but he never bit. Sadly, I used to like Deace's show. It seemed like he was a reasonable guy who believed in constitutional values. He's really gone off the deep end lately.

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    The guy that called in told Deace he does not spend enough time with his family, and Deace took offense. Sorry but I do not blame him at all.
    I agree with both of these points. Yes, Deace shouldn't hold himself to a higher standard than the rest of us. We're all human and we all have our flaws. But going after his family isn't exactly a good means of calling him out on this. Just don't listen to him e.g. don't give him the ratings

Walk On
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Steve Deace; the definition of a modern day Pharisee.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Cyched View Post
    I agree with both of these points. Yes, Deace shouldn't hold himself to a higher standard than the rest of us. We're all human and we all have our flaws. But going after his family isn't exactly a good means of calling him out on this. Just don't listen to him e.g. don't give him the ratings
    I truly think the caller was playing devils advocate and not really calling him out about his family time, IMO.

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 99

I think anytime you cast stones you should be prepared for others to target you glass house.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Starter
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Judging by his appearance, Deace has a much bigger commitment to his knife and fork than he has to anything else.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TruClone View Post
    If that model is the Michelin Man!
    He has a name. His name is Bib. Please call him by his name.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I will preface this by saying that I am not on the McD bandwagon. I have major doubts and have for a while.

That being said, I had a really hard time listening this morning. Miller and Deace kept saying that they were not having the topic or conversation to be sensationalist or to get listeners, but I have to disagree. Both of them talk about their morals and (correct me if I'm wrong) Christianity, but yet are throwing stones at another person for having to make a tough call.

I totally understand the need to get listeners and have engaging topics, but don't tell me that they aren't going a little overboard in order to cause a stir and have people call in. They were bordering on calling for the man's resignation because of this decision. I just can't get behind their reasoning on this topic.

For posters here - talking about him being fat is not helping your argument any. Taking the low road on a topic really doesn't help you get your point across and gives him more ammo against you in his rebuttal.

Last edited by 4VR4CY; 01-21-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.