Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

Put the Haluska Transfer in the Past

Choosing a college is a very personal choice. If Adam decided that ISU or maybe more appropriately the ISU basketball program wasn't where he wanted to spend 4 years of his life- I can respect him for that. The fact that he transferred to Iowa is a bit tough to swallow- but again he needed to go to a program where he was comfortable. The fact that Iowa had guys like Horner, Brunner and Henderson probably made that decision pretty easy.

If Sean wants to get his education at ISU- I think that's awesome. If he wants to play hoops at ISU then I TRUST G-Mac in deciding if he can help the Clone hoops program. As a hardcore Cyclone- I have a tough time faulting a kid for wanting to bolt the ISU program during the LE fiasco.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 42

Re: Put the Haluska Transfer in the Past

Adam Haluska transfering will never be put in the past I don't believe. I have no problem with his brother coming here at all. Just because Adam is a (insert insult) doesn't mean Sean is. The fact he wants to attend ISU after what Adam did speaks highly of his character IMO. Sounds like a good kid who just wants to help us and get his education.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm with you isucy86, people really need to drop the bitterness towards Adam. To equate transferring to a different school to a lack in character is asinine. What happened, happened. He's a good person with redeeming qualities that reach beyond a stupid game of basketball.

Addict
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

Why did you bring this up again? This horse has been beat to death on this forum several times.

Adam has played his last game of basketball, his coaches at both ISU and Iowa have moved on. Let this one rest boys...

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,780
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    Why did you bring this up again? This horse has been beat to death on this forum several times.

Adam has played his last game of basketball, his coaches at both ISU and Iowa have moved on. Let this one rest boys...
    True...there's only one team left in Iowa he could possibly play for and technically we'd all be rooting for that team since it's our only team at that level.

Hmmm...if he played one year for Des Moines "(insert new team name here when decided)" who would he have to transfer to be considered leaving for the rival? Chew on that for a while.

Fanatic #25

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    Adam Haluska transfering will never be put in the past I don't believe. I have no problem with his brother coming here at all. Just because Adam is a (insert insult) doesn't mean Sean is. The fact he wants to attend ISU after what Adam did speaks highly of his character IMO. Sounds like a good kid who just wants to help us and get his education.
    It happens that Sean's girlfriend attends ISU. I imagine that has alot to do with it. I don't believe he's planning on playing ball here, though I'm not sure on that.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

He will be playing here

Pro Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Did Daddy agree to this? Did we concede and let him coach the practice squad every other Thursday?

Does Sean need to do penance for the sins of Adam and his father? Oh, the price to be paid because of the curse of the family name.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Did Daddy agree to this? Did we concede and let him coach the practice squad every other Thursday?

Does Sean need to do penance for the sins of Adam and his father? Oh, the price to be paid because of the curse of the family name.
    I'd be curious to see what would happen on senior night if Sean plays. They announce the parents as well, so does dad get booed? Does Adam make an appearance and everyone kisses and makes up? Could be an interesting night if this thing happens.

Addict
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,212
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

What will happen if Alex Thompson turns out to be a great contributor this season? What will you Haluska haters say about him? He did the same thing Haluska did, just in opposite directions.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,081
    Given: 575

Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    Choosing a college is a very personal choice. If Adam decided that ISU or maybe more appropriately the ISU basketball program wasn't where he wanted to spend 4 years of his life- I can respect him for that. The fact that he transferred to Iowa is a bit tough to swallow- but again he needed to go to a program where he was comfortable. The fact that Iowa had guys like Horner, Brunner and Henderson probably made that decision pretty easy.

If Sean wants to get his education at ISU- I think that's awesome. If he wants to play hoops at ISU then I TRUST G-Mac in deciding if he can help the Clone hoops program. As a hardcore Cyclone- I have a tough time faulting a kid for wanting to bolt the ISU program during the LE fiasco.
    Very good points, though I have the feeling that most fans are firmly planted on one side or the other. I was very disappointed to see Adam go over to Iowa, and I can't say I've cheered for him over there at all, but he's a kid, he made a choice to leave, and life goes on.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I've never been too bitter about Adam leaving, because he was a young kid who had the right to make that decision at the time. However, what upsets me, and many others regarding this was the fact that Adam told the ISU Daily that he was going to stay at Iowa State, and then transferred to Iowa not a week later. Now I can understand not wanting to tell everyone on campus that he was transferring to Iowa, but a simple "no comment" would have been fine.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    I'm with you isucy86, people really need to drop the bitterness towards Adam. To equate transferring to a different school to a lack in character is asinine. What happened, happened. He's a good person with redeeming qualities that reach beyond a stupid game of basketball.
    He didn't have a lack of character because he transferred, he had a lack of character because he made negative statements about "behind the scenes activities" in the DM Register. Even if what he said was true, what purpose did that serve? Do you think Iowa State wronged Adam Haluska? He said he was happy and staying a week earlier, so obviously one of those was a lie, but saying that isn't classy is asinine? He could have spun leaving a million ways. Even he has since stated he wished he handled it better. Not to mention a large portion of our fans hate Iowa, why in a million years would he be any different? Steve Alford may be a good person with redeeming qualities beyond basketball, do you want us to like him too?

I could care less if people transfer, I rooted for Shane Power to win every game he played at Mississippi State. Its also ridiculous to not want his brother to walk on, who cares? Why bring up topics you want left in the past? This will die on its own, I don't see a lot of Nick Dewitz posts. Will it die faster if someone posts to leave it in the past every month?

Last edited by ajjohnson; 03-26-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ajjohnson View Post
    He said he was happy and staying a week earlier, so obviously one of those was a lie, but saying that isn't classy is asinine? He had no reason to make negative statements to the register about the program and could have spun leaving a million different ways. Even he has since stated he wished he handled it better. Not to mention a large portion of our fans hate Iowa, why in a million years would he be any different? Steve Alford may be a good person with redeeming qualities beyond basketball, do you want us to like him too?
    Are you telling me you've never changed your mind or made mistakes? Sure you have, but it wasn't in the media spotlight to scrutinize. I also bet you made some choices when you were a teen that you wouldn't make now. I do agree he did make a mistake by changing his stories, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a solid citizen who graduated from a fantastic university. He's lived a life and learned from mistakes, like we all do.

In the scope of life, aren't there better things to complain about than some 19 year old kid not choosing the right basketball program?

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    Are you telling me you've never changed your mind or made mistakes? Sure you have, but it wasn't in the media spotlight to scrutinize. I also bet you made some choices when you were a teen that you wouldn't make now. I do agree he did make a mistake by changing his stories, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a solid citizen who graduated from a fantastic university. He's lived a life and learned from mistakes, like we all do.

In the scope of life, aren't there better things to complain about than some 19 year old kid not choosing the right basketball program?
    That is absolutely a valid and good point, but he is an Iowa Hawkeye, what do you guys expect? Why do we have to like Adam Haluska, Drew Tate, Steve Alford etc...