There were only two games--the first two of the playoffs. The first game was Gratias (Jiri's team) vs Cochran (Rahshon's team). The 2nd game was Coke (McIntosh/Johnson) vs MOHA (Thompson/Korver). Gratias one the first game by about 10, but I didn't get to see much of it. So I'll focus on the 2nd game.
It was a really well-played, exciting game. At the end of the 1st half, Coke was up by about 10. In the 2nd half, Kyle Korver was just too much, Coke didn't have enough weapons, and MOHA pulled away to win it by about 10.
Here are individual player summaries:
- Kyle Korver -- I know he's not ISU, but I just had to mention him because he had an absolutely incredible shooting night. He was money from 3-pt land, even with a defender right on him. No-one could stop him. He must have had at least 40 pts. He's very strong defensively, too.
- Alex Thompson -- He played pretty well. Played aggresively. Didn't score a whole lot, but was a factor. Coke didn't have a big man to guard him, so CJ had to guard him a lot. As I've said before (a lot), he was a good pickup. He's going to help the team this year just by practicing with them.
- Mike Taylor -- No show.
- Cory Johnson -- He had a tough draw, having to guard Korver and Thompson (the two best players on MOHA). I think he got a discouraged on defense in the 2nd half because Korver was just unconscious with the 3s. Basically, he got schooled. But he still had some good defensive plays, including a block of Korver's shot that he ended up dunking on the fast break at the other end. Offensively, I thought he looked real strong. He must have ended up with quite a few points. He is very creative on offensive, and can score a lot of different ways, and isn't afraid to mix it up. He had some outstanding passes and had great court awareness. He threw down a couple of awesome dunks on the break, too. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up starting at some point this season. He's very talented.
- Corey McIntosh -- I love this guy. He is the ultimate team player and a great leader on the court. He had some amazing passes. He seems to have a knack for getting the ball in the hands of wide-open players while the defense is out of position. He may be as good of a passer as Tinsley. Yes, that's what I said. I don't know if he's really as good; only time will tell. But people are really going to enjoy watching this guy run the offense. He also had an outstanding shooting night. He can score everywhere: taking it to the hoop, mid-range jumpers, and 3-pointers. And although he's not real big, he's very strong. He hit a lot of shots while being hammered pretty hard by his man.
- Mark Curry -- He had a real good shooting night. He hit some 3s as well as several difficult layups on the break. It was probably the best game I've seen him play. If he plays like that in practice, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some playing time.