Thread: ncaa 07

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    comes out tuesday, I know i'm getting it. we should set up a tournament, with a bunch of people from this message board. Im playin on 360. If 2 clone fans are playing, clones cant be picked-man law.

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    i second that man law, only i will be playing it on ps2.

Starter
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2
    i have ps2 too but a tourney would be fun with other cyclone fans except i'd have to embarass you guys.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    i'll bring my baby wipes

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    sorry mates....the reviews on the 360 version have not been good (so far)

NCAA Football 07
    XBOX 360

The New Recruit

When I first turned this game on, it appeared that this NCAA title was having a better debut on the 360 than Madden NFL did last November. After spending time with this game, however, it ends up on the same dissapointing boat - despite having Dynasty options such as recruiting. Oddly enough, the one glaring thing missing is something that shouldn't be a problem - atmosphere.

Getting the game right isn't simply a matter of transferring a feature set. While playing, this title just feels off. For instance, both wide receivers and defensive backs have a tendency to be painfully unaware of the ball at times. Add in the fact that there is no Precision Passing for the receivers to react to, and sometimes it's like they are out there just running routes like robots. Furthermore, player movements could be better. Often running backs lack the cutback ability for changes of direction. The only bonus here is that although there are times when you feel like you've ceded total control over your player, the game does contain sweet sequences where your guy will jump over a prone body during a play. Luckily some of the blown safety coverages of Madden 360 have been fixed, so the football is better overall.

My main problem with this game is that, despite the work put into the sweet crowds and the new Momentum Meter, there is a curious lack of atmosphere. The camera shake during rivalry games is gone, as are the fluctuations in player performances and the broken audibles during heated contests. In other words, the series (at least on 360) is back to being Madden's waterboy. I dig the Tug of War minigame, but otherwise the thrills of this title won't last the summer.

Bottom Line: 7.75
    Concept: Not as stripped down as Madden 06 for the system, but it's not much better
    Graphics: The crowds are done well, but the cutaway sequences don't wow you
    Sound: I miss the decibel-raising crowds of the current-gen version
    Playability: I'm disappointed that there's no Precision Passing and players' movements can get a little wonky
    Entertainment: I'll still take the current-gen NCAA for my thrills
    Replay Value: Moderately High

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    i've only played the demo so far for 360, its 100x funner to play then madden 06 for 360. the overall feel is better,gameplays better, just feels more polished. so far these ea sports game are offering the best graphics for the 360 right now. I will get my moneys worth

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,506
    Given: 141
    I'm gonna have to disagree with monkeybrow. I got the game for the 360, and have been playing it. It's great! I've purchased every NCAA football game since 1998, and I would have to say that this one is right up there with the best. The gameplay is fantastic. It is a little different than previous versions of the game, so I think a lot of people's reactions are based on the fact that they're still getting used to it. But, JacK trice looks great in this game. Atmosphere is something that it has in spades.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jdewaard &#064; 07&#045;18&#045;06 10&#58;25 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I&#39;m gonna have to disagree with monkeybrow. I got the game for the 360, and have been playing it. It&#39;s great&#33; I&#39;ve purchased every NCAA football game since 1998, and I would have to say that this one is right up there with the best. The gameplay is fantastic. It is a little different than previous versions of the game, so I think a lot of people&#39;s reactions are based on the fact that they&#39;re still getting used to it. But, JacK trice looks great in this game. Atmosphere is something that it has in spades. [/b][/quote]

Hello jdewaard

my above post is a little mis-leading...that review is by another user in a forum on one of the many sites I visit..I haven&#39;t played the game yet....but I plan to....

I just wanted to give Goonies information I came across about the game.

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5
    Got the game at midnight, have to say I like it. There are some changes im still getting used to but thats a given with the new game.