Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,065, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    237
    Points
    8,065
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Gallick not competing again this year??

    I just listened to KJ's press conference. I feel like the more I listen the more it appears Gallick is done. Anyone have any insight?? I keep holding out hope he isnt because I really feel like this weight class is his for the taking. LIstening to KJ and Jensen today I feel like they are moving on to Jensen. Jensen mentioned what he had to do to be an All American this year. Also Coach Jackson didnt seem optimistic at all. Plus at the dual saturday the surgeon in Ames who does a lot of work was sitting with Gallick for the majority of the dual. All signs lead me to believe that its time to forget about counting on Gallick to score points for us at nationals.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 19,489, Level: 42
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,703
    Points
    19,489
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    last i heard they were trying to see if he could go...if not they were going to try for the RS



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 17,739, Level: 40
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,047
    Points
    17,739
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1306 View Post
    I just listened to KJ's press conference. I feel like the more I listen the more it appears Gallick is done. Anyone have any insight?? I keep holding out hope he isnt because I really feel like this weight class is his for the taking. LIstening to KJ and Jensen today I feel like they are moving on to Jensen. Jensen mentioned what he had to do to be an All American this year. Also Coach Jackson didnt seem optimistic at all. Plus at the dual saturday the surgeon in Ames who does a lot of work was sitting with Gallick for the majority of the dual. All signs lead me to believe that its time to forget about counting on Gallick to score points for us at nationals.
    Jensen has done pretty well and Gallick has missed so much time I would have to guess we're better off RS'ing Gallick if possible. If the RS is out, I guess the best wrestler prior to Big XII should go. Wrestling isn't basketball, missing 3/4 of the season matters.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 86,458, Level: 91
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,091
    Points
    86,458
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    If they can red shirt him, that's probably the best answer. Would rather have him at 100% instead of 75%.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 149,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,446
    Points
    149,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 32

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    Jensen has done pretty well and Gallick has missed so much time I would have to guess we're better off RS'ing Gallick if possible. If the RS is out, I guess the best wrestler prior to Big XII should go. Wrestling isn't basketball, missing 3/4 of the season matters.
    Missing 3/4 of the season in any sport matters, where are you going with that?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 81,286, Level: 88
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,729
    Points
    81,286
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 0

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Would Gallick consider redshirting? Remember, wrestlers don't typically get a full scholarship so it'll cost him out of his own pocket to stay another year. It's not as easy of a choice as basketball or football.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 41,925, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,604
    Points
    41,925
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 8

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Would Gallick consider redshirting? Remember, wrestlers don't typically get a full scholarship so it'll cost him out of his own pocket to stay another year. It's not as easy of a choice as basketball or football.
    Odds are he's staying in Ames one way or the other. The only question will be whether he's focussing on folkstyle with ISU or moving on to freestyle with Sunkist or the Cyclone Wrestling Club.

    ISU's track record with the NCAA isn't great when it comes to eligibility appeals so I'm not holding my breath on the 6th year. I feel bad for Nick. By all accounts he's a great kid and he was a good bet to be a champ for us this year. Jensen is more than adequate as a backup, but he's not at Gallick's level. This hurts.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,628, Level: 76
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,564
    Points
    61,628
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 70

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    Odds are he's staying in Ames one way or the other. The only question will be whether he's focussing on folkstyle with ISU or moving on to freestyle with Sunkist or the Cyclone Wrestling Club.

    ISU's track record with the NCAA isn't great when it comes to eligibility appeals so I'm not holding my breath on the 6th year. I feel bad for Nick. By all accounts he's a great kid and he was a good bet to be a champ for us this year. Jensen is more than adequate as a backup, but he's not at Gallick's level. This hurts.
    fully agreed, but watching Dalton pin his guy from Illinois was nice.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 41,925, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,604
    Points
    41,925
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 8

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    fully agreed, but watching Dalton pin his guy from Illinois was nice.
    Jensen is a blast to watch. As he continues to improve he'll be more of a factor and he may be a darkhorse for low AA this year in a pretty wide open weight class. That said, Gallick was always good for some bonus points at nationals and I can't see a scenario where he wasn't top 2-3 this year if he's 100%. You just can't replace those points....unless Dalton goes on one helluva tear in Omaha.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 269,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,445
    Points
    269,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 19

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Not having Gallick at Nat'ls will hurt. No doubt.

    At this point, I doubt we see him wrestle as a Cyclone again.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 20,421, Level: 43
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,399
    Points
    20,421
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Why would Gallick not get a Medical Redshirt?



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 41,925, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,604
    Points
    41,925
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 8

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Why would Gallick not get a Medical Redshirt?
    Since he's already used his redshirt, he'll need a waiver to get a 6th year. It's not unheard of, but it's no slam dunk either. The NCAA is so arbitrary with this stuff that it's just impossible to guess where they're going to come in on these things.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 23,843, Level: 47
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities
    Posts
    1,377
    Points
    23,843
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 27

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Looking at the results I think Jensen is going to be a nice surprise. He is wrestling like everyone on here has been clamoring about for years. It sounds like he is an aggressive, push the envelope wrestler and could be points we werent expecting.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 38,320, Level: 60
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,866
    Points
    38,320
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 3

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Will Jensen be able to RS next year if Gallick comes back? If not, will he move to a different weight? Having Gallick back next year will be huge in a year where both us and Iowa will be down.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 18,363, Level: 41
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,531
    Points
    18,363
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Gallick not competing again this year??

    Jensen could bump to 149 to replace Mueller, but it would be best if he stayed at 141. Without Gallick, to be honest, we have no shot at winning the NCAA's. He was a favorite to take the title, those are points we won't get back from Jensen, though I think Jensen may just snag an AA as a backup which would be amazing in itself.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM