Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Do any of you find yourself rooting for…….

For teams you “thought” you didn’t like. I know that sounds dumb and it is kind of an extemporaneous question. But I will literally watch almost any college football game. I love it and usually have a rooting interest in almost any league.

One week I seem to want team X to lose and the next week find myself rooting for them, to the point I occasionally get irritated if they lose. Case in point I despise ND, but from time to time I have found myself wanting them to win and it isn’t always because I dislike the team they are playing more. For one thing I don’t dislike many teams more than ND.

Or how about this scenario, start pulling for a team mid game for who knows why only to get mildly PO’d when they lose in the end. In fact I can’t think of a good example but I have started watching a game with a clear choice of who I wanted to win, only to get fed up with said team (or announcers, that happens to me a lot) and start rooting for the other team?!?!?

I find this happening with me a lot when I watch the SEC or Big 12, because I actually like both of those leagues a ton, but it seems my rooting interest changes from time to time.

ISU is another “team” that I get like this about. As a rule I’m a ISU supporter. But at times I go the other way and then back again. In that Minne game I was rooting for them (I personally thought they’d win going away and picked them as such in fantasy) but then found myself supporting the Big 10 (I don’t like Minne much, since they booted Mason) and then I went back the other way again. It was such an ugly game (yes I see the irony there and I’m not hating as I love defensive, ugly football) but Minne is so poorly coached and what a ton of stupid things happened. Now I could just be a little odd…….. No really……

But do any of you find yourselves doing this?!?!?

Chad

Last edited by cmhawks99; 01-16-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 49

Re: Do any of you find yourself rooting for…….

Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    For teams you “thought” you didn’t like. I know that sounds dumb and it is kind of an extemporaneous question. But I will literally watch almost any college football game. I love it and usually have a rooting interest in almost any league.

One week I seem to want team X to lose and the next week find myself rooting for them, to the point I occasionally get irritated if they lose. Case in point I despise ND, but from time to time I have found myself wanting them to win and it isn’t always because I dislike the team they are playing more. For one thing I don’t dislike many teams more than ND.

Or how about this scenario, start pulling for a team mid game for who knows why only to get mildly PO’d when they lose in the end. In fact I can’t think of a good example but I have started watching a game with a clear choice of who I wanted to win, only to get fed up with said team (or announcers, that happens to me a lot) and start rooting for the other team?!?!?

I find this happening with me a lot when I watch the SEC or Big 12, because I actually like both of those leagues a ton, but it seems my rooting interest changes from time to time.

ISU is another “team” that I get like this about. As a rule I’m a ISU supporter. But at times I go the other way and then back again. In that Minne game I was rooting for them (I personally thought they’d win going away and picked them as such in fantasy) but then found myself supporting the Big 10 (I don’t like Minne much, since they booted Mason) and then I went back the other way again. It was such an ugly game (yes I see the irony there and I’m not hating as I love defensive, ugly football) but Minne is so poorly coached and what a ton of stupid things happened. Now I could just be a little odd…….. No really……

But do any of you find yourselves doing this?!?!?

Chad
    do you have other message board questions that you put lots of thought and time into versus your extemporaneous question?

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

yes, i hate the dallas cowboys, but I will be a supporter tomorrow when they play the vikings. not because i dislike Minnesota, but because I have a hard time wanting Favre to be rewarded for his primadona behavior by having success with Minnesota.

This extends to other teams as well, and i think it is very common to hate a team one day and root for them the next - its all about matchups. if two teams you hate are playing one another, for example, you will naturally pull for one of them to win, and for that small 3 hour time in your life, you become a 'fan' of that team. there is however, one team that would inevitably be the pure hated team, and you can figure that one out by determining who you would never root for - regardless of who they are playing. For me, i think that team is Mizzou right now. I hate to say it, but I think I would pull for the Hawks over Mizzou.

Just Win Baby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    yes, i hate the dallas cowboys, but I will be a supporter tomorrow when they play the vikings. not because i dislike Minnesota, but because I have a hard time wanting Favre to be rewarded for his primadona behavior by having success with Minnesota.
    How dare you?!?! Welcome to my ignore list!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    do you have other message board questions that you put lots of thought and time into versus your extemporaneous question?

Good stuff friend, but believe it or not these are routine daily out of the blue thoughts for me. Sometimes they come 2 and 3 at once in all sorts’ of different forms and topics. It comes in exquisite detail and rapidly, without much difficulty in thought.

I think you are just funning me, but if not I remain undaunted.

Chad.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post

This extends to other teams as well, and i think it is very common to hate a team one day and root for them the next - its all about matchups. if two teams you hate are playing one another, for example, you will naturally pull for one of them to win, and for that small 3 hour time in your life, you become a 'fan' of that team. there is however, one team that would inevitably be the pure hated team, and you can figure that one out by determining who you would never root for - regardless of who they are playing. For me, i think that team is Mizzou right now. I hate to say it, but I think I would pull for the Hawks over Mizzou.

Good stuff, though my opinion of Favre is a “kid” who has a hard to time really knowing what he really wants to do, and he is impetuous and quick to tell everyone all that is in his head……at that time.

I felt like you at first but his enthusiasm and love for the game and his outward showing of love on the field is hard for me to be against. The rest of what you said made compete sense.

Chad

Rookie
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Go big D. going to dominate farve and the vikings.

Love me some: Stone Cold Stunners and Erin Andrews