View Poll Results: Who do you side with?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conan

    129 82.17%
  • Leno

    8 5.10%
  • Don't Care

    20 12.74%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 217
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 598,317, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    23,779
    Points
    598,317
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,331
    Given: 8,415

    It's official Jay in Conan Out

    According to TMZ the deal is done. Jay gets his show back and Conan is out. See ya NBC


    Leno and NBC Strike 1 Hour 'Tonight' Deal | TMZ.com


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!


    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    A #2 with extra Arby's sauce?

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 566,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Close Enough, IA
    Posts
    21,746
    Points
    566,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 353

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Just saw that too. I also read that Conan's staff is trying to get some really good guests his last couple nights. I hope he can get out of there without too many strings attached.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 432,918, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,902
    Points
    432,918
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,757
    Given: 1,039

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    This next week should be entertaining. Look forward to seeing you on fox, conan.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    If you guys come by Bondurant tonight, I'll **** all over every one of your dogs. I'm not the Mayor but I've been drinking a crap ton of water today and have plenty of water in the old radiator.

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 435,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    65,318
    Points
    435,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,534
    Given: 1,167

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Conan to Fox?


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,691, Level: 63
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,259
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,151
    Points
    41,691
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 573

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Leno is such a weasel. I am not sure why he ever left, and why Conan agreed to let Leno have a talk show on with the same old bits directly before the Tonight Show. That just seems plain stupid. Why would jay's viewers ever give Conan a shot when they essentially had Jay on right before? I feel bad for Conan he is a good guy.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 85,988, Level: 91
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,462
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,950
    Points
    85,988
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    If this is true how can NBC let Conan keep going on the air and bashing them?



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,694, Level: 62
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,298
    Points
    40,694
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 54

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    BOO!!!!



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,286, Level: 60
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,709
    Points
    38,286
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 117

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    I hope Fox doesn't pick him up. Jay is much bigger to older crowd. The majority of people who watch at night is older people....Conan doesn't do it for baby boomers.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 123,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,375
    Points
    123,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 390

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    If this is true how can NBC let Conan keep going on the air and bashing them?
    NBC is probably ecstatic. Conan is finally getting decent ratings.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 219,592, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,251
    Points
    219,592
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 846
    Given: 601

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    NBC is probably ecstatic. Conan is finally getting decent ratings.
    Why do you take so much pleasure in what's happening to Conan?


    It will be interesting to see what Conan does for the remainder of his run and after this month though. I'm assuming if they're giving Jay an hour that they are just letting him out of his contract.

    It's funny, they wanted so bad for him not to be competition that they created this situation. Now he'll still become the competition and be hotter than ever thanks to this controversy.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 566,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Close Enough, IA
    Posts
    21,746
    Points
    566,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 353

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 126,150, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,583
    Points
    126,150
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 653
    Given: 213

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatllDoCy View Post
    Leno is such a weasel. I am not sure why he ever left, and why Conan agreed to let Leno have a talk show on with the same old bits directly before the Tonight Show. That just seems plain stupid. Why would jay's viewers ever give Conan a shot when they essentially had Jay on right before? I feel bad for Conan he is a good guy.
    I don't agree with this at all. As I remember it, Jay wasn't too happy about signing the contract to give up his show when it all went down 5 years ago but NBC didn't give him much choice. I also don't believe it was his idea to do the new show at an early time slot, I think that came from the network as it was a cheap way to fill the slot and they didn't have anything new in the pipeline. And I also haven't seen anything that would indicate that Jay was the driving force in trying to get moved back to that late time slot, that seemed to be the network making a knee jerk reaction to the ratings.

    I think both Jay and Conan have handled this whole situation very well considering how messy it has become. I think that NBC is the villan in all of this, which shouldn't be shocking as they screwed up the same thing with Letterman back in the day. And they are also going to end up the big losers in all of this, as well they should. Jay is going to retire eventually and at this point it doesn't look like they have anybody in the wings that will be there to step in at that point. And while they are waiting for that to happen, they are likely to be competing with Conan on another network. NBC made their bed on this and now they get to sleep in it.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 38,957, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,701
    Points
    38,957
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 131

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    NBC is probably ecstatic. Conan is finally getting decent ratings.
    Let's see how ecstatic they are when they start losing advertisers after they realize they have lost the 18-49 demographic. The ads for Jay will start to look like commercials for the price is right, all geritol and metamucil. We've got to keep those old guys regular!



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 21,559, Level: 44
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    834
    Points
    21,559
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. As I remember it, Jay wasn't too happy about signing the contract to give up his show when it all went down 5 years ago but NBC didn't give him much choice. I also don't believe it was his idea to do the new show at an early time slot, I think that came from the network as it was a cheap way to fill the slot and they didn't have anything new in the pipeline. And I also haven't seen anything that would indicate that Jay was the driving force in trying to get moved back to that late time slot, that seemed to be the network making a knee jerk reaction to the ratings.

    I think both Jay and Conan have handled this whole situation very well considering how messy it has become. I think that NBC is the villan in all of this, which shouldn't be shocking as they screwed up the same thing with Letterman back in the day. And they are also going to end up the big losers in all of this, as well they should. Jay is going to retire eventually and at this point it doesn't look like they have anybody in the wings that will be there to step in at that point. And while they are waiting for that to happen, they are likely to be competing with Conan on another network. NBC made their bed on this and now they get to sleep in it.
    Agreed. The villain is NBC.



  15. #15
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CTAClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    9,217
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: It's official Jay in Conan Out

    I'm just amazed at how out of touch NBC is with their audience. Not just NBC but every network. I always get ****** when I see a show that is targeting college age, young adults and they put it on a Friday night. How stupid is that? What college age kid is staying in on a Friday night? Put the show on Sunday night or something. Look at the Simpson and their 20 year run. They've continually nailed the 19-34 demographic and they've always been on Sunday night. Morons, I say. They are all morons.


    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM