Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 40,998, Level: 62
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,188
    Points
    40,998
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 7

    Phoenix Time Zone?

    Is Phoenix in the Pacific time zone year round? I have someone telling me that half the year they are only an hour behind us? (mountain time zone)


    "95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien


  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 89,036, Level: 92
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,336
    Points
    89,036
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Mountain Time Zone during Standard Time
    Pacific Time Zone during Daylight Savings Time



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 19,823, Level: 42
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    871
    Points
    19,823
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 18

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Correct



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 65,027, Level: 79
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,998
    Points
    65,027
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by tec71 View Post
    Is Phoenix in the Pacific time zone year round? I have someone telling me that half the year they are only an hour behind us? (mountain time zone)
    They are correct. Arizona does not observe daylight savings time.

    Damn, too slow!



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 166,400, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,635
    Points
    166,400
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    True. Arizona does not observe daylight savings time.

    Damn, too slow!
    I don't think Indiana does either, but that is irrelevant.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 69,194, Level: 81
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,415
    Points
    69,194
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 32

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by tec71 View Post
    Is Phoenix in the Pacific time zone year round? I have someone telling me that half the year they are only an hour behind us? (mountain time zone)
    No, Phoenix and Arizona are always Mountain Standard Time, year around. Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time, so when Central Time Zone springs forward, we cause a 2 hour time difference with Phoenix instead of the regular one hour. But they are never on Pacific Standard Time. It is just that PST and CST move together, and Arizona stays, making it appear to be PST.

    That hurt my head.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 80,901, Level: 88
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,345
    Points
    80,901
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 13

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    I use to dispatch trucks over the road. Arizona and Indiana were always a pain when trying to explain to some drivers.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 70,624, Level: 82
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,378
    Points
    70,624
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 444

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    They are correct. Arizona does not observe daylight savings time.

    Damn, too slow!
    This isn't 100% true. Much of the northeast corner of Arizona is the Navajo reservation. They follow daylight savings time. When I stopped in Kayenta they had 2 clocks in the hotel. Arizona time and Navajo time.



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,756, Level: 28
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwalk, IA
    Posts
    312
    Points
    8,756
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    IIRC, Indiana is even more screwy in that only some of the counties in the western half of the state are different. If that really is true, you just have to wonder who was in charge and let that law pass.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 65,027, Level: 79
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,998
    Points
    65,027
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 8

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones_R_GR8 View Post
    This isn't 100% true. Much of the northeast corner of Arizona is the Navajo reservation. They follow daylight savings time. When I stopped in Kayenta they had 2 clocks in the hotel. Arizona time and Navajo time.
    I read that when I double-checked my statement, but figured that was going into too much detail for CF.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I don't think Indiana does either, but that is irrelevant.
    I think Indiana does as of 2007, but that some counties in the western part of the state are actually in the eastern time zone. Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by MB4CY View Post
    IIRC, Indiana is even more screwy in that only some of the counties in the western half of the state are different. If that really is true, you just have to wonder who was in charge and let that law pass.
    Yeah, it's effed up.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 17,524, Level: 40
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    665
    Points
    17,524
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 6

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MB4CY View Post
    IIRC, Indiana is even more screwy in that only some of the counties in the western half of the state are different. If that really is true, you just have to wonder who was in charge and let that law pass.
    That's because the northwesten counties in Indiana are part of the Chicago Metro and didn't want to be different.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 9,002, Level: 28
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    XLK9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    398
    Points
    9,002
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD720 View Post
    That's because the northwesten counties in Indiana are part of the Chicago Metro and didn't want to be different.
    Isn't there something screwy around Lousiville, too? Something about Fast time, slow time. I seem to remember something from when I spent a week in Louisville several years ago.


    Everyone is entitled to their opinion - no matter how wrong they may be.

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 13,472, Level: 35
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    806
    Points
    13,472
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 3

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by XLK9 View Post
    Isn't there something screwy around Lousiville, too? Something about Fast time, slow time. I seem to remember something from when I spent a week in Louisville several years ago.
    Indiana is no longer "different" except for the fact that about 5 NW counties near Chicago and 5 Southern counties near Louisville are on Central time to sync up with the major cities near them. Those counties and the 80 Indiana counties in the Eastern time zone all observe DST.

    This Wiki does a pretty good job of explaining all of the crazy changes in Indiana time.

    Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 70,624, Level: 82
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,378
    Points
    70,624
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 444

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I read that when I double-checked my statement, but figured that was going into too much detail for CF.
    LOL



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 12,940, Level: 34
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    superman_101680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    809
    Points
    12,940
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: Phoenix Time Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s View Post
    Indiana is no longer "different" except for the fact that about 5 NW counties near Chicago and 5 Southern counties near Louisville are on Central time to sync up with the major cities near them. Those counties and the 80 Indiana counties in the Eastern time zone all observe DST.

    This Wiki does a pretty good job of explaining all of the crazy changes in Indiana time.

    Time in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I've lived here a couple years and I still find it messed up. I'm less than 90 miles from Chicago but follow NY business hours. My wife works with people who live ten miles west in CST and work in EST....no WAY I could get used to it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM