Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 54,380, Level: 72
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,233
    Points
    54,380
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    The reason i said Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu is that Chizik was formally hired on Dec 13th and ISU Formally announced Coach Rhoads on Dec. 18th. That gave Coach Rhoads about a week to call all the recruits that were already committed and talk with all the players and then during the quiet period create a recruiting strategy and who to target as well as hiring assist. coaches.

    Whoever is hired at Tenn is going to be up against the clock. The recruits are bailing on Tenn by the second, they've already lost 2 4* def. lineman and it will continue. This is going to have a serious ripple down affect on the recruiting world as U of Tenn will lose some significant players for this year and they will be bumping some other very good players to other schools. Tennessee has 21 days until signing day to hire a head coach, assistants, and assemble a recruiting class.....

    Tennessee is going to get screwed over big time.....But losing Kiffin might just be like ISU losing Chizik, although it hurt initially, the program may be in better hands for the long haul....



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Better question is how long does Kiffin last at USC.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 69,313, Level: 81
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,421
    Points
    69,313
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 33

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    The reason i said Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu is that Chizik was formally hired on Dec 13th and ISU Formally announced Coach Rhoads on Dec. 18th. That gave Coach Rhoads about a week to call all the recruits that were already committed and talk with all the players and then during the quiet period create a recruiting strategy and who to target as well as hiring assist. coaches.

    Whoever is hired at Tenn is going to be up against the clock. The recruits are bailing on Tenn by the second, they've already lost 2 4* def. lineman and it will continue. This is going to have a serious ripple down affect on the recruiting world as U of Tenn will lose some significant players for this year and they will be bumping some other very good players to other schools. Tennessee has 21 days until signing day to hire a head coach, assistants, and assemble a recruiting class.....

    Tennessee is going to get screwed over big time.....But losing Kiffin might just be like ISU losing Chizik, although it hurt initially, the program may be in better hands for the long haul....
    Plus, Kiffen is sleazy enough to probably try and talk some of his best recruits to decommit from UT and follow him to USC. Double whammy.

    Kiffen can't help the timing of the USC position opening up, but to bail on a school after just one year? Oh well, guess that's what the business is becoming.

    At least we have GMac locked down for nine years. Dude is the definition of "firmly entrenched."



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 865,362, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,023
    Points
    865,362
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,863
    Given: 1,597

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Plus, we got Paul Rhoads out of the whole deal, so it was good for us.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    Starter Wingback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    758
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    The biggest question is why would USC go after Lane Kiffen. Let's look at his resume:

    * Fired by the Oakland Raiders
    * One so-so season as a college head coach
    * Big mouth
    * Possible NCAA infractions

    Now there's a guy you want as your head coach!

    The only thing this points to is that USC had been turned down by many, many possible replacements for Pete Carroll. It also might point to the fact that USC is on the verge of being put on probation by the NCAA.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    The biggest question is why would USC go after Lane Kiffen. Let's look at his resume:

    * Fired by the Oakland Raiders
    * One so-so season as a college head coach
    * Big mouth
    * Possible NCAA infractions

    Now there's a guy you want as your head coach!

    The only thing this points to is that USC had been turned down by many, many possible replacements for Pete Carroll. It also might point to the fact that USC is on the verge of being put on probation by the NCAA.
    No way, replaced Carroll to fast...Probably got number 1 choice.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 10,901, Level: 31
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    613
    Points
    10,901
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    No way, replaced Carroll to fast...Probably got number 1 choice.
    We know that isn't true as USC had offered Mike Riley and Jack Del Rio.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,907, Level: 66
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    3,797
    Points
    45,907
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Plus, Kiffen is sleazy enough to probably try and talk some of his best recruits to decommit from UT and follow him to USC. Double whammy.

    Kiffen can't help the timing of the USC position opening up, but to bail on a school after just one year? Oh well, guess that's what the business is becoming.

    At least we have GMac locked down for nine years. Dude is the definition of "firmly entrenched."
    Ed Orgeron Tampering With Recruits? - Tennessee Volunteers, Southern California Trojans, College Football


    "It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

    XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,730, Level: 80
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,790
    Points
    67,730
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by bootcy View Post
    We know that isn't true as USC had offered Mike Riley and Jack Del Rio.
    According to the press. I have no doubt about Riley but the whole Del Rio thing stunk of him trying to get out of Jacksonville. It sounded like he was more interested than USC.

    For them to hire Kiffin this quickly they had to have been in contact with him very soon after Carroll left.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 54,380, Level: 72
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,233
    Points
    54,380
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Plus, Kiffen is sleazy enough to probably try and talk some of his best recruits to decommit from UT and follow him to USC. Double whammy.
    YOU ARE CORRECT - report out there that Ed Orgreron has already been charged with tampering with recruits convincing them to commit to USC.....who only has 14 commits so they have room to fit in there the top tier talent that Kiffin and Co had assembled at Tennessee.....

    This is going to get good....



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 129,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,642
    Points
    129,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    YOU ARE CORRECT - report out there that Ed Orgreron has already been charged with tampering with recruits convincing them to commit to USC.....who only has 14 commits so they have room to fit in there the top tier talent that Kiffin and Co had assembled at Tennessee.....

    This is going to get good....
    It's not tampering if the kids haven't signed on the dotted line yet.

    Sincerely,
    Bill Snyder



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by bootcy View Post
    We know that isn't true as USC had offered Mike Riley and Jack Del Rio.
    Asking someone if they have interest or if they want to interview is not the same as offering them the job.


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    Asking someone if they have interest or if they want to interview is not the same as offering them the job.
    Point being Kiffin was not the 1st choice... he was not the 2nd choice... ESPN made it seem as though he may have been the 5th choice.

    Change your signature



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 67,323, Level: 80
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 727
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,285
    Points
    67,323
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 52

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    Better question is how long does Kiffin last at USC.
    long time, with the staff he is putting together he will be in the BCS within 2 years.



  15. #15
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kiffin leaving Tenn is worse then Chizik leaving ISu

    I heard that he sent a assistant coach ahead to LA to start calling his Tn. commits. How is that for sleeze??



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM