Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 121

Ringo Star

I just got done watching him on the Jimmy Fallon show. He played four songs, two Beatles tunes and a couple off his new album. The old stuff was okay, but the new songs were so bad and he sounded so bad it was embarrassing.

I respect that he founded the original super pop group, but damn, know when enough is enough. Stop living off your cred and fade away gracefully.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 222

Re: Ringo Star

stopped watching after conan tonight so i didn't see it...overall not a big beatles fan but in defense those light night talk shows are horrible venues for sound quality and to actually get your music out there. i hate when i tell someone about a great up and coming band and they tell me "oh i heard them on conan and they SUCKED!"

Get out and go to the concert in person and actually leave your house and then judge the music. not a knock on the OP, i just don't think it's a fair judgement of an artist's music to go off what they did on a late night TV program.

that being said I think Ringo is by far the weakest talent of all the beatles and i think your seeing that in anything solo he does and i think they all need to just let it go at some point...

Starter
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Ringo Star

Ringo has a unique voice. He sounds great in "With a Little Help from My Friends" and some of his solo songs, but his voice doesn't really suit him to be a rock or pop singer. Actually, a lot of his Beatles songs are almost old style country music. Great musician, just doesn't have the voice that John, Paul, and George had.