Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

3 Weeks Til Signing Day!!!

How many scholarships do we have left in the current class? Any last minute surprises in store or let downs on the horizon? Have we zeroed in and improved on the positions we are currently lacking in? And lastly, I'm really proud of CPR and the foundation that he has set in his first year at ISU, let's keep the momentum rolling with a solid class!

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: 3 Weeks Til Signing Day!!!

There will always be at least one surprise come signing day so expect something but this is easily the fastest assembled recruiting class I've seen since I started following recruiting. This should allow the staff to target exactly who they want to get for their remaining schollys.

As far as remaining number of schollys available, it's still an unkown to the general public. Some say just 1, some say we still have 3 left. It really all depends on a lot of factors that we, as outsiders, aren't privy of information.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

A lot of factors still need to unfold. Kirksey is our primary target right now it sounds like. Adrian Golden is a RB we are looking at but it looks like he may be a non qualifier(just speculation).

All in all, it looks like we have one of the better classes we have had in awhile.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 515
    Given: 1,027

If everyone that is currently commited stays on board and actually makes it to campus, I think this will easily be the most talented class ISU has ever had. If we are able to pull in some late studs like Kirksey it will be that much better.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 515
    Given: 1,027

Quote Originally Posted by DRCHIRO View Post
    A lot of factors still need to unfold. Kirksey is our primary target right now it sounds like. Adrian Golden is a RB we are looking at but it looks like he may be a non qualifier(just speculation).

All in all, it looks like we have one of the better classes we have had in awhile.
    Yeah, I am hoping that ISU can build a good relationship with Golden so that we can sign him out of JuCo in a few years. There is deffinitely a reason why more schools aren't after Adrian at this point.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by mizouse87 View Post
    There will always be at least one surprise come signing day so expect something but this is easily the fastest assembled recruiting class I've seen since I started following recruiting. This should allow the staff to target exactly who they want to get for their remaining schollys.

As far as remaining number of schollys available, it's still an unkown to the general public. Some say just 1, some say we still have 3 left. It really all depends on a lot of factors that we, as outsiders, aren't privy of information.
    Couldnt agree more....Getting a full class and now waiting until signing day has to be nerve racking for the coaches. My guess is they've started recruiting the top tier Iowa kids for 2011.

Regarding scholarships, its been hashed and re-hashed - ISU has 26 scholarships to provide for 2010. My guess is if there is in fact a transfer or two, they very well may be kept for 2011 as our class for that year sits at only 17 scholarships available.

I strongly believe that K. Kirksey is our main target to complete this class. However, if Schwartz decides to transfer, i would not be surprised if we used that scholarship on Golden and then hope as we did with Haughton that he qualifies and if he don't then we have that scholarship for our depleted 2011 class anyway.

Easy right!!!!

Can't wait for Feb. 3, plus we should be out of the 15 below zero crap!!!!