Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Does the 30,000 season tickets goal provide the basis for the endzone project?

I assume so, just curious what others think. Also, I know that JP has indicated the facilities plan will be out in June. When does the board of regents meet to discuss this?

PS. Any advance previews of the updates to both the stadium and Hilton would be greatly appreciated.

URBCLONE

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 256

Re: Does the 30,000 season tickets goal provide the basis for the endzone project?

The board of regents will meet at Okoboji in June and that is where Pollard will unveil his master plan. In August or September he will also lay out his long term goals for the programs.

When everything is released, many people will have mixed reactions. There is a consensus among those that I've spoken to that season ticket prices will increase. People have to remember that we have the 12th-ranked athletic budget out of the 12 Big XII teams. You cannot have success if your fans aren't willing to share in the cost. It takes money to compete and we all need to make sure we are there to support all of the programs.

There will be a lot of bold moves over the next 10-12 months but they're for the future of the programs. One thing that will upset some is that there will be less parking around the stadium, but they will start providing busses to go from other areas to the stadium. This will allow for more activities to take place around the stadium for pre-game festivities.

I hope to have an article up in the next few days regarding the changes purposed.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 23

Re: Does the 30,000 season tickets goal provide the basis for the endzone projec

Buses would be fantastic. Makes it much easier to tailgate.

Addict
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 2

Re: Does the 30,000 season tickets goal provide the basis for the endzone projec

As long as the ticket prices don't skyrocket all in one year, a rise in prices is fine with me. I think if prices double in just one season (barring an outstanding season, like a Big 12 Title), some fans will shy away. We will need a graduated increase, and as long as our football/basketball teams do not totally fall apart, I don't foresee a major problem. There will especially be no problem, IMO, if one or both of our teams OVERachieves this coming year.... :)

Walk On
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Does the 30,000 season tickets goal provide the basis for the endzone project?

I think the biggest fallout will be the loss of parking around the stadium for tailgating. I spent the last 2 years in Grad School on the dark side of the state and all they've done is move tailgating farther and farther away from Kinnick. Not that it ever stops people from tailgating, however, the atmosphere is certainly lost to an extent. I'll miss having the sea of Cardinal and Gold fans outside of The Jack.

Go State!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

they won't get rid of the grass lots? Too many good memories down there....

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.