Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Pacquiao/Clottey March13th

in the dallas cowboys stadium, am i the only one that think it would be safer to fight floyd mayweather than clottey?

Clottey is HUGE and made Cotto's toughest hits look like he was being hit with pillows.

Mayweather is trying to schedule another fight on the same day. I'm assuming it will be against someone easier to keep the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight in consideration, malinaggi? Cintron? would be scary if he went against paul williams though to prove he is the best.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

Re: Pacquiao/Clottey March13th

But Pacquio doesn't have to worry about getting caught blood doping if he fights Clottey, so no worries.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,012
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 44

Clottey messed up Cotto when they fought to a real close decision for Cotto. I remember right Cotto had a big cut above his eye from an inadvertant headbutt and it really hampered him the rest of the fight. I think it was actually bad enough that Cotto could've ended the fight at any time and just let it go to the scorecards. Pacqiao should beat Clottey pretty easily though, especially with the way he destroyed Cotto.

Thumbs Up

Boxing is dead

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

Prospect
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSchmick View Post
    Boxing is dead
    I would disagree. I'm a very casual boxing fan and have never been more interested. All because of Pacquiao. If they can ever get the Maywether fight put together, even more fringe fans such as myself would jump on board.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    But Pacquio doesn't have to worry about getting caught blood doping if he fights Clottey, so no worries.
    Weak.

Why should he agree to outragous demands by Mayweather when Paq is in compliance with what is required by the governing bodies of boxing? Mayweather was just looking for a way out and he found it.

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 1,405

1. Clottey is going to be a handful for Paq because he can take a beating and has an incredible chin. He's also a natural counter puncher so we'll see if he can have some success against Paq's relentless attack.

2. Whoever mentioned PBF possilbly fighting Paul Williams? Yeah right, now way he would ever fight Williams while he's still undefeated. Cintron sure, but no way Williams.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 73

I don't think it will happen but if CLottey manages to win, well then Paq and Mayweather just lost a **** ton of money. I think they will still end up fight because I think one of them will give into demands eventually but if Paq that fight loses a lot of luster. I think I saw it would be about a 40 million dollar payday for each fighter before. Holy ****. I would give blood during the fight for 40 mil.

It's all snark from here on out

Pro
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marc936 View Post
    in the dallas cowboys stadium, am i the only one that think it would be safer to fight floyd mayweather than clottey?

Clottey is HUGE and made Cotto's toughest hits look like he was being hit with pillows.

Mayweather is trying to schedule another fight on the same day. I'm assuming it will be against someone easier to keep the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight in consideration, malinaggi? Cintron? would be scary if he went against paul williams though to prove he is the best.
    Mayweather will never fight Pac, because he knows he'd get KTFO. That's why he was demanding drug testing at a level that's never been done in pro boxing, of a guy who throughout his career had never even been accused of using PED's, much less proven guilty of using them.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Mayweather will never fight Pac, because he knows he'd get KTFO. That's why he was demanding drug testing at a level that's never been done in pro boxing, of a guy who throughout his career had never even been accused of using PED's, much less proven guilty of using them.

I'm pretty sure mayweather is just doing that to look like he won the top part of the contract.

Mayweather at first wanted a 60/40 split, didn't happen
    Mayweather then wanted a guaranteed pay higher than pacquiao, didn't happen
    No what can mayweather do to make it look like the contract is more on his side to get an ego? make him do a blood test so pacquiao can "bow down" and be his *****

mayweather thrives off his ego, it would hurt him knowing he got the shorter end of the deal

Pro
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCLONES15 View Post
    Weak.

Why should he agree to outragous demands by Mayweather when Paq is in compliance with what is required by the governing bodies of boxing? Mayweather was just looking for a way out and he found it.
    Blood testing two weeks prior to the fight is outrageous? I guess your definition is a little different than mine. It's simple, if you don't have anything to hide, take the test.

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 355

This is why the UFC is getting so strong. Boxers still find reasons to not fight each other. UFC makes the best fight each other. That is why I like it. Boxers always find a way to fight someone else.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Speechless
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    This is why the UFC is getting so strong. Boxers still find reasons to not fight each other. UFC makes the best fight each other. That is why I like it. Boxers always find a way to fight someone else.
    Exactly. There aren't many in the UFC with spotless records, because they have to take all comers. I have a lot more respect for a 20-5 UFC champ than a 35-0 boxing champ, because first, you know that there is one champion, not five, and second, because the best fight the best, and don't dodge them.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Exactly. There aren't many in the UFC with spotless records, because they have to take all comers. I have a lot more respect for a 20-5 UFC champ than a 35-0 boxing champ, because first, you know that there is one champion, not five, and second, because the best fight the best, and don't dodge them.
    Totally agree but the MMA fighting orgnaizations do throw a wrench into it. Take Randy Couture vs. Fedor match. UFC couldn't make that happen, atleast not yet.

You can have it Fast, Cheap, Reliable.....Please pick TWO!

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post

idk, only a certain few (penn, gsp, anderson silva) i would consider their records legit. A lot of the fights just look so sloppy and undisciplined that you wonder if all you have to do is get in shape, and swing for the fences. Obviously not all fights are like that, but for the most part I dont understand how the hell nog is considered great fighting a couture that looked like balls in stand up.

mma is obviously the future, just its going to be a longgg time before it gets there.

and unfortunately, what people dont get is PPV killed boxing. Before when it was broadcasted to everyone world wide, it was a hit, now not a lot of people want to spend 60 bucks to see one superfight. UFC wouldn't be so popular if they dont continously put out free fights for the casual viewer to get hooked