Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

For the first time in my life...

i was cheering for the other team to win. This team has mailed it in!!!!! They are playing the worst defense i have seen from an ISU team since the last year of the Wayne Morgan era. We are getting shredded in the lane by a bunch of nonathletic white guys and out hustled consistently. At times the team is laughing and smiling when they should feel terrible for not improving or trying to reach their potential. GMAC has lost control, it is too late, this team will start at best 2-3 or 1-4 in the Big 12 and it will be officially over.

We need to start figuring out how to find a blue collar hard working coach to come in and save ISU Basketball. We need someone to teach defense, rebounding, and how to move the ball on the offensive side of the court to get an open shot. We never put our players in positions to excel. We never call timeouts or have the right players on the court an overwhelming majority of the time.

The best win of my opinion and will be the best win in the McDermott era is the win his first year here at Minnesota. Mike Taylor won the game by himself and that is sad that it will be my only positive memory in the GMAC era.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 530

Re: For the first time in my life...

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    i was cheering for the other team to win. This team has mailed it in!!!!! They are playing the worst defense i have seen from an ISU team since the last year of the Wayne Morgan era. We are getting shredded in the lane by a bunch of nonathletic white guys and out hustled consistently. At times the team is laughing and smiling when they should feel terrible for not improving or trying to reach their potential. GMAC has lost control, it is too late, this team will start at best 2-3 or 1-4 in the Big 12 and it will be officially over.

We need to start figuring out how to find a blue collar hard working coach to come in and save ISU Basketball. We need someone to teach defense, rebounding, and how to move the ball on the offensive side of the court to get an open shot. We never put are players in positions to excel. We never call timeouts or have the right players on the court an overwhelming majority of the time.

The best win of my opinion and will be the best win in the McDermott era is the win his first year here at Minnesota. Mike Taylor won the game by himself and that is sad that it will be my only positive memory in the GMAC era.

Me too... and to think a good amount of ISU fans hated him because he was 'wild with the ball'

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

We need to start figuring out how to find a blue collar hard working coach to come in and save ISU Basketball. We need someone to teach defense, rebounding, and how to move the ball on the offensive side of the court to get an open shot. We never put are players in positions to excel. We never call timeouts or have the right players on the court an overwhelming majority of the time.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you about the last season of the Wayne Morgan era. That team always walked on the court expecting to dazzle the other team by their presence, and then would forget to play basketball. But unlike the Morgan era though, I blame our current team's lack of preparation on the coaching staff.

Agree 100% about the Mike Taylor game vs Minnesota.

Rookie
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

Man I found a way to watch this game....upgraded tv package....Anyway, I really think everyone on here thought we had more talent on this team that what we really do and set up everyone's expectation's higher than they should have been.....If you look at our roster, we're not that talented outside of 2-3 positions/individuals.

That being said.....I'm never one to put anything on coaches, but talent level rest's on McD. Something needs to happen. This is pathetic

Lucca should being seeing 10 min a game, he does nothing......For a shooterI wish we had Sullivan, he acutally made some effort to get looks to the basket and for other teammates.

Craig needs to do something. Or McD needs to do something to get Craig more looks. Everything should revolve around Craig offensively

Most of all, the players need to get their **** together and work everything out, after al,l it's about their future we're talking about. If they're getting sick of each other, take one practice off and bring some boxing gloves instead, have them go at it and get it out of their system. I don't know what's wrong, but some of it falls on our players and they need figure some **** out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 222

I don't understand why Lucca just stands around. That's coaching... that's not Luccas fault. Do you guys remember how many screens Jake would run around/through to get an open look at a three? The only time Lucca gets an open 3 is if the defender just completely loses him.

This offense is utterly painful to watch.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

McDermott should be fighting for his life, where does he go if he loses this job!!! He already left is alma mater. He is doing nothing and i can't figure why. If it was me i would be doing everything humanly possible to save my career. Sadly i want this team to fail badly so we don't have to go through one more season of this crap!!!

We would have been better of keeping Morgan than having McDermott!!! At least we would have had Big 12 caliber players that would be entertaining to watch.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 14

Great to know we have great fan support

Droppin' 3's like my name is Scotty C.

Philippians 4:13

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 29

i agree its embarassing something needs to change.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

I thought we won the game....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 530

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    I thought we won the game....

Yup we hit two threes within the last 1:30 to beat one of the worst teams in all of CBB by 2

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonez7 View Post
    Great to know we have great fan support
    I agree. GBC if it's true that you actually rooted against ISU today, I officially would like to say that we no longer need you as a fan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I understand frustration but I could never root against my favorite team. Pathetic!

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We do have good fan support, i have been positive every year McDermott has been here until the loss versus UNI this year. I knew at that point how the season was going to play out. I was ****** when they fired Morgan. In my lifetime i have liked every coach we had, i didn't want Eustachy to get fired either. I guess what i am saying is GMAC has put me in this position. I can handle losing, i don't like it, but we need to be well coached and showing effort in order for me to except a loss.

Addict
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 403

We need to start figuring out how to find a blue collar hard working coach to come in and save ISU Basketball. We need someone to teach defense, rebounding, and how to move the ball on the offensive side of the court to get an open shot. We never put our players in positions to excel. We never call timeouts or have the right players on the court an overwhelming majority of the time.

Really? Is this the first time in your life you have said something like this about ISU basketball? Maybe it is true for you, but this sort of thing seems to flow very easily from many of our cyber "fans."

I think we will still see plenty to get excited about in Big 12 competition.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Really? Is this the first time in your life you have said something like this about ISU basketball? Maybe it is true for you, but this sort of thing seems to flow very easily from many of our cyber "fans."

I think we will still see plenty to get excited about in Big 12 competition.
    I am excited to see top 10 teams play.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Walk On
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

What have you seen from this team that makes you think they are going to turn it around? We are getting worse as the season goes along!!! We have never recovered from the Northwestern loss coupled with the UNI loss. As soon as this team faced adversity the mailed it in.