Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    What is going on with UNI football? It seems like they are turning into a 1AA junior college. Although they are getting some awesome athletes, it seems like they are getting them for all the wrong reasons. They have gotten some better talent over the last few years but the players they have gotten have been in some trouble.

I've heard that the major difference between 1AA football and D1 football programs is the number of scholarship players...I think the difference is about 15 schoarships. That is not that big of a gap. I think the talent level between 1AA and D1 is shrinking.

I am not saying they can beat us but I think it can be a competitive game. I am also not saying that 1AA schools can compete with the USC's of the world.

Look at who UNI has coming in, a former 5 star receiver from USC, a QB transfer from Minnesota who is a convicted felon who had over 8000 all purpose yards in high school.

They've also had a running back transfer from Nebraska (David Horne) who was preferred over Stevie Hicks out of high school. Not to mention Benny Sapp.. a little 11 cornerback starter for 2 years. Now they are getting our O-line transfer from last year. Yes, he was our best O-line recruit from a year ago.

And I am also not sure.. are they getting Greg Coleman?

I do not root for the clean little 1AA football progam of UNI anymore. To me, it seems as if they are picking up everybody's dirty laundry. If their recent trend continues, I think they will be picking up even more trouble makers.... Any thoughts???

Drews79

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162
    The new UNI receiver from USC is nice...but don't you think if he was actually as good as his recruiting status - he'd be staying at USC or transferring someplace other than UNI?

Also, Coleman went to Montana, not UNI.

Addict
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4
    I can understand not rooting for Iowa, but how can you not root for UNI. I consider them the little program that could. I could make an argument that they are the best football program in the state of Iowa. I hope and expect them to win a NC within 5 years. I don't care if OJ Simpson played for them with a bloodly glove on, I would still root for them. Its my pride in being from the state of Iowa.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Didn't a lot of people think Berryman should have cut ties with ISU and headed to another school for a fresh start? Even those that were opposed to him being back on the team didn't think no other team should give him a shot, did they? UNI has taken a lot of players like this, but how many have continued to have trouble? Benny Sapp stayed out of trouble. So has David HOrne. Why shouldn't they give these guys a second chance if many players like that have worked out for them? Also, UNI may have an advantage with these players because they've had success with them.

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I forgot, one of the Hill brothers transferred there and got into some serious trouble.

My point is, I thought UNI was a feel good team to root for in the state. It seemed like they had most of the players that iowa and ISU passed on. Now it seems as they are getting an increasing number of "troubled" players from D1 schools from around the country.... whether it be grade problems or legal problems.

What does this say about their program?

Drews79

Prospect
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    I went to UNI and they had a handful of players there that started out at D1 schools during my tenure. I remember one running back transfered from Nebraska, Melvin something, and a couple starting defensive players from other D1s. My point is I don't think that this is anything new especially for the elite 1AA teams. Why would they want to tranfer to another D1 school and sit out a year, before being eligible. And if there are legal problems where are they supposed to go? Cincinati already had a D1 Football program. If the kid transfers and doesn't have any problems it's probably a good thing for both parties. If they mess up the school will look bad and the "I told you so's" will start to fly. ISU has giving plenty of player second chances, so why can't UNI? Also, by the time they are leaving most of the players know if they are going make it to the NFL or not so why not play right away. And if there is an outside shot why not play at a school that has a winning tradition and a decent tradition of NFL players (there's alway and outside shot "Kurt Warner").

Also I think that the USC player took a redshirt year already, so I assume the he wants to play 2 years instead of sitting out a year and playing one. Just because this kid isn't playing at USC doesn't me he doesn't have legit talent. You gotta be a total stud to break into the recieving rotation there right now.

I guess if all these new players at UNI rob a Burger King or rape a profs daughter I would say screw the D1 transfers and get more kids from Dike New Hartford.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162
    How is this kid from USC all of a sudden troubled? He did not cut it at USC so he's transferring.

I'd say that's a kid that is a realist, one seeing he was no longer really in the plans and wanted to go somewhere he could play.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CyForPresident &#064; 07&#045;13&#045;06 9&#58;46 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I can understand not rooting for Iowa, but how can you not root for UNI. I consider them the little program that could. I could make an argument that they are the best football program in the state of Iowa. I hope and expect them to win a NC within 5 years. I don&#39;t care if OJ Simpson played for them with a bloodly glove on, I would still root for them. Its my pride in being from the state of Iowa. [/b][/quote]

Not me, I&#39;ll root against UNI every time they play. Their success directly affects ISU&#39;s walk-on program. If UNI was winning 1AA NCs, do you think a guy like Danielsen would walk on at ISU over a scholarship at UNI? Also, I wish that ISU would quit playing those guys. Mac is toying with his job there. UNI comes in all fired up and ISU overlooks them. If ISU were to somehow lose to those guys, I don&#39;t think Mac would be around much longer.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bmuff &#064; 07&#045;14&#045;06 8&#58;51 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Not me, I&#39;ll root against UNI every time they play. Their success directly affects ISU&#39;s walk-on program. If UNI was winning 1AA NCs, do you think a guy like Danielsen would walk on at ISU over a scholarship at UNI? Also, I wish that ISU would quit playing those guys. Mac is toying with his job there. UNI comes in all fired up and ISU overlooks them. If ISU were to somehow lose to those guys, I don&#39;t think Mac would be around much longer.

[/b][/quote]

Iowa and ISU have had more problems than UNI with arrests and stupid stuff like that.. So maybe there coach is good at rehabing there kids...

Clones Rule

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 656
    well, UNI&#39;s game against ISU in any sport, is that sports SuperBowl.

They should come pumped up against ISU, it is an upset possibility. That is the reason I don&#39;t like having UNI on the schedule, it is no win situation for ISU. We should beat them 45-0 everytime, and when we don&#39;t the doubter&#39;s come out from woodwork to boo-hoo ISU.

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    now your talking like a hawkeye. lets not make them our little red head step child. Instead lets make them are little brother. We win the majority, but they do have there turns.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 656
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;15&#045;06 2&#58;16 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> now your talking like a hawkeye. lets not make them our little red head step child. Instead lets make them are little brother. We win the majority, but they do have there turns. [/b][/quote]

That may be so... but imo, I believe we should beat every D1AA school we go against. I know that won&#39;t always happen, but i expect it happen.

Now I don&#39;t beleive we should beat any D1A school everytime like many of our &#39;friends&#39; at the UofI beleive. That to me is the difference.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    if were a real team we should beat them all. we should also beat the big 12 doormat-baylor.