Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 120
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 29,449, Level: 52
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    hiwhatis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    801
    Points
    29,449
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Since everyone has felt the need to post rediculous threads about the men's basketball team, i've decided to post my own. first off, i'm not happy or satisfied with this team's performance this season in any way. I believe the talent is here but the players have not become a "team" to this point. Regardless, we are supposedly cyclone fanatics. Frustration is one thing, but the MBB threads are insane. Some are calling for Mac's head, some resorting to facebook stalking, some calling out other posters, and my favorite, some claiming to stop being fans of the team this year. For real???? Is it possible to talk sensible cyclone basketball at all on this board without being hammered lke ISUFan22 is being on one thread. Lets give the team our support regardless of the performance and hope for better days ahead. Trust Coach Mac and the players as i'm sure all of them are more dissappointed than any of us and determined to fix the problems that lie ahead. Go State!!!!


    "It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 39,161, Level: 61
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,189
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,043
    Points
    39,161
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 5

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwhatis View Post
    Since everyone has felt the need to post rediculous threads about the men's basketball team, i've decided to post my own. first off, i'm not happy or satisfied with this team's performance this season in any way. I believe the talent is here but the players have not become a "team" to this point. Regardless, we are supposedly cyclone fanatics. Frustration is one thing, but the MBB threads are insane. Some are calling for Mac's head, some resorting to facebook stalking, some calling out other posters, and my favorite, some claiming to stop being fans of the team this year. For real???? Is it possible to talk sensible cyclone basketball at all on this board without being hammered lke ISUFan22 is being on one thread. Lets give the team our support regardless of the performance and hope for better days ahead. Trust Coach Mac and the players as i'm sure all of them are more dissappointed than any of us and determined to fix the problems that lie ahead. Go State!!!!
    +1. Seriously were 11-4 with most losses that everyone predicted before the season, (Cal, Duke, ND/NW) Let conference play out before I make my decision on coach Mac.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,312, Level: 65
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,430
    Points
    44,312
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    post of the new year


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 45,486, Level: 65
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BBHMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,793
    Points
    45,486
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 386

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    I've been spending less and less time on this site. The attitude of some (or most) people bums me out. I've always just cheered for the Cyclones regardless of the situation or whats at stake. The enjoyment of each game has always been enough for me. The saddest part is that some people think that's pathetic.


    Cy has balls of steel.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 81,231, Level: 88
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    81,231
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by cycfan1 View Post
    +1. Seriously were 11-4 with most losses that everyone predicted before the season, (Cal, Duke, ND/NW) Let conference play out before I make my decision on coach Mac.
    Yes...I still think they find a way to get a winning record in the Big 12 and get 20 wins



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 87,049, Level: 91
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigBake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U'dale
    Posts
    5,672
    Points
    87,049
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 99

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    I'm hanging on by a thread. I told myself this year would be the litmus test to judge our coach and program. Things are not trending in a positive direction currently.

    So much CRAP has happened to our program (started by Floyd jetting) that our fanbase is just on edge and will snap at anything. We suffered implosion after implosion.

    Off the top of my head:

    Floyd jetting to Chi-town
    Fizer leaving early
    1st round loss in both Big and NCAA tourney to last seeded team
    LE not recruiting anyone that could stay eligible.
    LE not recruiting period
    LE being a drunk and drinking with opposing team's fans (college aged too) after game
    Firing LE and then STRUGGLING to find a replacement coach...being turned down by coach after coach
    WM running a cruddy program with no discipline and getting out coached game after game
    WM getting fire and mass player exodus
    Lackluster new coach hire
    Player exodus after injury after ineligible ruling
    A certain player not coming here
    Team loaded with talent vastly underperforming

    Add that up waddya got?


    Fanatic #25

  7. #7
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 312,016, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,042
    Points
    312,016
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 1,962

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Yes...I still think they find a way to get a winning record in the Big 12 and get 20 wins
    That's really the thing, there is a lot of frustration, but even if we went 12-2 out of conference we still would need 9 wins in conference, so we basically have the same task ahead. Let's get 10 conference wins.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 87,049, Level: 91
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigBake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U'dale
    Posts
    5,672
    Points
    87,049
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 99

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by cycfan1 View Post
    +1. Seriously were 11-4 with most losses that everyone predicted before the season, (Cal, Duke, ND/NW) Let conference play out before I make my decision on coach Mac.
    Agreed....just wish I'd see some glimmers of hope.


    Fanatic #25

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 73,887, Level: 84
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,054
    Points
    73,887
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    I try not to take any one fan/post too seriously. Heck, about 10 rows in front of me in the United center there was an Iowa State student wearing a cyclone alley t-shirt and Duke hat??!? what the heck....



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 466,289, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,303
    Points
    466,289
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 149

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    We're putting 13,000 people into games for a coach that hasn't beaten a ranked opponent, and he's in his 4th year, coaching in an arena where ranked teams used to go to die. He also holds the longest post season drought of the past 3 decades for this school. Did I mention that 13,000 people are showing up for this? We have plenty of true fans... Fans aren't the problem. If anything, we enable it.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 81,231, Level: 88
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    81,231
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    We're putting 13,000 people into games for a coach that hasn't beaten a ranked opponent, and he's in his 4th year, coaching in an arena where ranked teams used to go to die. He also holds the longest post season drought of the past 3 decades for this school. Did I mention that 13,000 people are showing up for this? We have plenty of true fans... Fans aren't the problem. If anything, we enable it.
    We know where you stand Al, he asked if there were any TRUE fans left, not fair weather fans that look for any reason to tear down their team, players, and coaches...you got anything there or did you just make a wrong turn from your "who should we hire to replace McDermott" thread?



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,602, Level: 78
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,960
    Points
    64,602
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by BBHMagic View Post
    I've been spending less and less time on this site. The attitude of some (or most) people bums me out. I've always just cheered for the Cyclones regardless of the situation or whats at stake. The enjoyment of each game has always been enough for me. The saddest part is that some people think that's pathetic.
    Same here. I'm sick of the pathetic ******** by the wannabee armchair coaches to the point that I'm about ready to puke. It doesn't take much for this site to turn into a crybaby party and I am getting sick of it. I'll support the team and the coaches(gasp) through the good times and the bad.

    Go Cyclones.



  13. #13
    Walk On LeBron1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    182
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    We know where you stand Al, he asked if there were any TRUE fans left, not fair weather fans that look for any reason to tear down their team, players, and coaches...you got anything there or did you just make a wrong turn from your "who should we hire to replace McDermott" thread?
    Fair weather fans don't usually show up for games when the team is underperforming.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 466,289, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,303
    Points
    466,289
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 149

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    We know where you stand Al, he asked if there were any TRUE fans left, not fair weather fans that look for any reason to tear down their team, players, and coaches...you got anything there or did you just make a wrong turn from your "who should we hire to replace McDermott" thread?
    So I'm fairweather because I don't think McDermott will get it done? That's ******* ridiculous and you know it. I still go to games. Do you see me calling McDermott names, ripping on players? NO. Look, he's had 4 years and hasn't done a damn thing. What response do you have to that? Any? At all? We haven't even sniffed the god damn NIT! Please, tell me why McDermott will get ISU to the post season. Oh wait, you can't, you just personally attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. What a great way to win an argument.

    Look. I can stare at my table ALL day. I can wish that it turns into a Ferrari. I can wish really, really, really hard for that to happen, but at the end of the day, it's still a table. I've accepted that, you're still praying it turns into a Ferrari.

    A fairweather fan is one who claims to not care when things are bad, and is the biggest fan in the world when they're down. The large group of us who are upset with how things are going ARE NOT fairweather. We're upset because we care about ISU basketball, and ISU basketball is not well right now. You wanna call me fairweather? Fine, I really don't care. You can go ahead and give McD a left time extension and see where that goes...


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 81,231, Level: 88
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    81,231
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

    Re: Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBron1 View Post
    Fair weather fans don't usually show up for games when the team is underperforming.
    Sure they do...if they don't show up or watch then nobody will give credence to all their dumb *** ramblings about who we should fire, deport, lock in an electrical closet, or send back to their home...

    Maybe fair weather was a bad term...fair weather indicates that those people actually root for us when we win...these leeches just sit back when we win and bide their time for when they can jump back out and spew their venom...



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM