Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 82,026, Level: 89
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,384
    Points
    82,026
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

    Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    I am amazed by the negativity of everybody in the game thread and would like to read thoughts on the game without wading through 95% crap spewed about our players and coaches...

    maybe it's wishful thinking but could we limit it to game talk instead of "so and so shouldn't be in there ever again", "so and so is the worst player ever", "so and so couldn't guard my grandma", "We aren't shooting enough 3's, McDermott sucks", "We're chucking up too many 3's, McDermott sucks", etc

    SO far I think we're letting their defense dictate a lot of what we're doing offensively with the exception of DG and SC to some degree. We are doing a good job defensively for the most part but need to finish the possession with the rebound. A lot of the shots they've hit from the outside have been shots we're wanting to give them (posts shooting from the outside), but they're knocking them down...

    If we can finish some possessions and get a few of our go-to players to heat up a little bit I think this can go down to the wire...if not we're probably in some trouble...

    What are your reasonable, non-coach/player attacking thoughts of the game?



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 717,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,688
    Points
    717,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 245

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    I am amazed by the negativity of everybody in the game thread and would like to read thoughts on the game without wading through 95% crap spewed about our players and coaches...

    maybe it's wishful thinking but could we limit it to game talk instead of "so and so shouldn't be in there ever again", "so and so is the worst player ever", "so and so couldn't guard my grandma", "We aren't shooting enough 3's, McDermott sucks", "We're chucking up too many 3's, McDermott sucks", etc

    SO far I think we're letting their defense dictate a lot of what we're doing offensively with the exception of DG and SC to some degree. We are doing a good job defensively for the most part but need to finish the possession with the rebound. A lot of the shots they've hit from the outside have been shots we're wanting to give them (posts shooting from the outside), but they're knocking them down...

    If we can finish some possessions and get a few of our go-to players to heat up a little bit I think this can go down to the wire...if not we're probably in some trouble...

    What are your reasonable, non-coach/player attacking thoughts of the game?
    I didn't think it was all that bad, and that stuff usually gets to me. Maybe I'm skimming over the negative ones?



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    If everything else remains as is, if we can rebound better in the 2nd half, I think we got a great chance to win.



  4. #4
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CTAClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    9,218
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    I'm really liking how SC and DG are getting into the lane at will. Hopefully we can take advantage of that and get some good shots out of it.


    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."



  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Well we just aren't good enough to spot anybody, especially Duke a 14-2 lead early on. Having said that, I've been impressed with our effort. After the first five minutes, I thought we'd be down by at least 20 at the half. The guys regrouped nicely and are playing with some intensity. Duke is just really good. So disciplined.

    I feel really bad for Craig. That first half alone could kill whatever "lottery" stock that he had left. Of course I want us to win, but I REALLY want Craig to have a big second half. I don't want to see him fall out of the first round. That'd be tough on everybody.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 717,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,688
    Points
    717,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 245

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    I agree. I think that Bilas made a great point on the blocked shots being nice, but also getting them out of position. Possibly better to focus on challenging the shot from the right position, rather than by waiting to swat it back.



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 2,680, Level: 14
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Macomb Ill
    Posts
    57
    Points
    2,680
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    anybody else impressed with the knowledge of bilas and patrick about isu, they usually don't care about who duke plays, and not being negative but how come we struggle so much rebounding, anybody got any solutions?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 426,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    426,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Play defense. if you play defense, they don't get into the lane as easy, you don't have to try to block so many shots, you're on the floor to rebound instead of being in the air out of position.



  9. #9
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by State4good View Post
    anybody else impressed with the knowledge of bilas and patrick about isu, they usually don't care about who duke plays, and not being negative but how come we struggle so much rebounding, anybody got any solutions?
    Other than the first two minutes when Patrick struggled with a few names, I think they have done a nice job. It's obvious that Bilas has a lot of respect for Greg.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 11,569, Level: 32
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    tyrelrobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines,IA
    Posts
    1,038
    Points
    11,569
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Halftime came at a good time (if that makes sense) but hopefully the guys can re-focus and realize that they CAN hang with these guys if they just buckle down in a couple areas....mainly perimeter D and rebounding



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 343,843, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,846
    Points
    343,843
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post

    I feel really bad for Craig. That first half alone could kill whatever "lottery" stock that he had left. Of course I want us to win, but I REALLY want Craig to have a big second half. I don't want to see him fall out of the first round. That'd be tough on everybody.
    I agree about CB. He's trying too hard right now. With 19 pro scouts in the house, that's not good. We need a huge half outta him if we want to have a shot in this one.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 717,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,688
    Points
    717,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 245

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Well we just aren't good enough to spot anybody, especially Duke a 14-2 lead early on. Having said that, I've been impressed with our effort. After the first five minutes, I thought we'd be down by at least 20 at the half. The guys regrouped nicely and are playing with some intensity. Duke is just really good. So disciplined.

    I feel really bad for Craig. That first half alone could kill whatever "lottery" stock that he had left. Of course I want us to win, but I REALLY want Craig to have a big second half. I don't want to see him fall out of the first round. That'd be tough on everybody.
    I think the NBA scouts will look at his body of work, because that's what they do for a living. He just needs to let the game come to him, and the rest of the players need to remember him in the offense. Craig will be fine. As far as the NBA goes, he just needs to find a spot on a team, and he will earn his way from there. No doubt in my mind.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 274,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    coachdags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    N.Dakota
    Posts
    15,511
    Points
    274,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Nice idea....

    I'm just not sure we are smart enough on the floor yet, getting better, but need to be quicker recognizing open men, screens, taking smart shots, just basically understanding what the game gives you and take advantage of it....

    Duke does this, and well.....



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    If we can just step up our defense and have Craig slow down his game..we will probably pull this one out


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 846,016, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,701
    Points
    846,016
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 528
    Given: 510

    Re: Official Non-Crybaby Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I think the NBA scouts will look at his body of work, because that's what they do for a living. He just needs to let the game come to him, and the rest of the players need to remember him in the offense. Craig will be fine. As far as the NBA goes, he just needs to find a spot on a team, and he will earn his way from there. No doubt in my mind.
    They should get some good info from the 2nd half, when he explodes. Mathematically, he's due.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM