Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,574, Level: 42
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,706
    Points
    19,574
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 394,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,777
    Points
    394,233
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Let's get physical and Olivia Newton John could be our theme song.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 9,631, Level: 29
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    916
    Points
    9,631
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    I liked the part about the "big, 4-wide offense". We have some good talent at WR and I can't wait to watch them play.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    312
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Gotta feel for Jason Harris starting at offense as freshman, defense as a soph., and now back to offense.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 335,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,735
    Points
    335,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162

    Re: Good article on Practice

    I agree. I didn't like the move to defense even though he played it well in high school. Shuffling a player so much has gotta be tough on him.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 59,612, Level: 75
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,612
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I agree. I didn't like the move to defense even though he played it well in high school. Shuffling a player so much has gotta be tough on him.
    Wouldn't it feel like starting over every year. And what makes matters a little harder is its not like he can take what he learned from his first year at RB and implement it. With a new staff, I would think a whole new system and way of doing things is in order.

    Plus the position seems loaded with Scales, Johnson, and now Bass. Hope he does well and this doesnt push him to transfer.


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  7. #7
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    313
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceman View Post
    Let's get physical and Olivia Newton John could be our theme song.
    I love It! Can you imagine the crowd with "Lets Get Physical" shaking JTS and the players running on the field. Would be even better if we could get a Olivia Newton-John look alike to dance on the 50 yard line.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    "Practice!?!? We're talking about practice?!? .... it's not the game ... it's practice..."



  9. #9
    cyclONEnation
    Points: 236,280, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    C.John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,417
    Points
    236,280
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 39

    Re: Good article on Practice

    AIR ATTACK. Familiar with the offense at Louisiana Tech or Purdue? That's what ISU's attack will compare to, McFarland said.

    "We'll be a big, four-wide spread offense," he said. "We'll be pretty wide open."

    Sounds like fun to me. Is it August yet?




  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 32,417, Level: 55
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUclones33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,247
    Points
    32,417
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    I have talked with Jason Harris personally.. he is a really cool guy.. he just wants to play ball.. its too bad we cant find something for him to do, he is a tremendous tremendous athlete ;) I find myself missing Mac less and less each week, but when i think of what kind of person he was.. its tough not to miss the guy.. Im excited to see the players stretch on game day.. all of them out there, in EXACT position.. helmets in EXACT position, flaunting the Cyclone Logo to the east and west.. The smell of beer and brats filling the air, the hum of jack trice on third down... Fellas.. i think i may have just popped a chubby ;-O haha im pumped.. get your neighbor to buy season tickets... I did.. damnit i cant wait



  11. #11
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    jkoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceman View Post
    Let's get physical and Olivia Newton John could be our theme song.
    that does not intimidate ANYBODY. if i were the opponent id be laughing by head off. that's like playing Aha's "Take On Me" at the beginning of a wrestling match. nothing doing and more embarrassing than anything else.


    "To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity." -Irving Wallace

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    I read this and I wonder "what the hell were we doing under McCarney?"...toughness, discipline, attention to detail...all keys to success on the gridiron. This is not rocket science my friends.

    I read a great article on Billy Gillispie the A&M basketball coach and he had to do the same thing when he took over 3 years ago. They had immediate success and have sustained it...WE WILL DO THE SAME IN FOOTBALL UNDER CHIZIK...IMMEDIATE AND SUSTAINED SUCCESS!!



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  13. #13
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by jkoo View Post
    that does not intimidate ANYBODY. if i were the opponent id be laughing by head off. that's like playing Aha's "Take On Me" at the beginning of a wrestling match. nothing doing and more embarrassing than anything else.
    In our final dual meet in high school (senior night), we came out to "Lights" by Journey. None of the seniors lost that night. It was kinda funny because the lights shut off, then the speakers go "when the lights... go off... in the city.."


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  14. #14
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    927
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    I read this and I wonder "what the hell were we doing under McCarney?"...toughness, discipline, attention to detail...all keys to success on the gridiron. This is not rocket science my friends.

    I read a great article on Billy Gillispie the A&M basketball coach and he had to do the same thing when he took over 3 years ago. They had immediate success and have sustained it...WE WILL DO THE SAME IN FOOTBALL UNDER CHIZIK...IMMEDIATE AND SUSTAINED SUCCESS!!
    Gillespie went 0-16 in conference his first year, I believe. That's hardly immediate success. Lesson: Be patient.



  15. #15
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    199
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good article on Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUclones33 View Post
    I have talked with Jason Harris personally.. he is a really cool guy.. he just wants to play ball.. its too bad we cant find something for him to do, he is a tremendous tremendous athlete ;) I find myself missing Mac less and less each week, but when i think of what kind of person he was.. its tough not to miss the guy.. Im excited to see the players stretch on game day.. all of them out there, in EXACT position.. helmets in EXACT position, flaunting the Cyclone Logo to the east and west.. The smell of beer and brats filling the air, the hum of jack trice on third down... Fellas.. i think i may have just popped a chubby ;-O haha im pumped.. get your neighbor to buy season tickets... I did.. damnit i cant wait
    After reading that, I just popped my second chubby of the day after my usual morning one. August can't get here fast enough.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM