Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 14,578, Level: 36
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    173
    Points
    14,578
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

    Looking at next years starters

    I know next years schedule is a hard one but I think the clones can at least match this years performance. Here are my guesses at the starters for the 2010 season. Alot of experience on O and D for next year.

    * Previous starting experience
    $ JUCO Conference Defensive POY
    # JUCO Team Defensive POY

    Offense

    TE Collin Franklin 6-7, 254 SR
    LT *Kelechi Osemelle 6-5, 349 JR
    LG Hayworth Hicks 6-3, 346 JR
    C *Alex Alvarez 6-2, 295 SR
    RG *Ben Lamaak 6-4, 318 SR
    RT *Scott Haughton 6-3, 338 JR
    QB *Austen Arnaud 6-3, 224 SR
    RB *Alexander Robinson 5-9, 187 SR
    WR *Darius Reynolds 6-2, 201 JR
    WR *Jake Williams 6-1, 19 SR
    WR *Darius Darks 6-1, 184 JR

    Defense

    DE *Rashawn Parker 6-0, 254 SR
    DT *Austin Alburtis 6-1, 266 SR
    NG *Bailey Johnson 6-2, 267 SR
    DE $Rony Nelson 6-2, 250 JR
    SAM Jacob Latimer 6-2, 240 JR
    MIKE A.J. Klein 6-1, 234 SO
    WILL Jake Knott 6-2, 234 SO
    CB #Anthony Young 5-9, 180 JR
    CB *Leonrad Johnson 5-10, 189 JR
    NB *Ter'ran Benton 6-0, 197 JR
    SS *David Sims 5-9, 208 SR
    FS *Michael O'Connel 5-11, 211 SR



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 48,100, Level: 67
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,368
    Points
    48,100
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 301

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Man- look at the experience on offense. Hope that translates into success... I agree with this setup for the most part. I think the defensive line will see a lot of rotation. Patrick Neal has stepped in well despite his lack of physical gifts. He reminds me of Moorehead. Reumpelhamer & Laing should be in the mix as well. I like the way the secondary is shaping up. We've recruited a lot of depth.




  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 355,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,897
    Points
    355,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 39

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    I like the mix. Not a ton of seniors, but some seniors to lead.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 7,437, Level: 25
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    j_crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    350
    Points
    7,437
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Yeah, you have to like the experience we're returning on offense, so hopefully we won't suffer the same inconsistency we did in '09. That offensive line looks beastly; we'll miss Reggie, but this looks to be a group that will be able to pave the way for another 1,000 yard season for ARob -- dare I say 1,500? As for the defense, hopefully we'll be able to generate more pass rush next season (Nelson and having Benton back should help). I'm not worried about the D, though...we all know what WB can do...



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 73,923, Level: 84
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,522
    Points
    73,923
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 13

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    I hope Chris Young has a big impact next season at WR.

    I also like Durrell Givens at Safety



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 8,749, Level: 27
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Pille1895's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Posts
    153
    Points
    8,749
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    I agree with this lineup except I could also see JUCO Givens starting at Free Safety. Brings in more speed than O'Connel.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 59,829, Level: 75
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,206
    Points
    59,829
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    I hope Chris Young has a big impact next season at WR.

    I also like Durrell Givens at Safety
    Yeah, I hope Givens can come in and start. I like O Connel but just don't see him as an every down type of saftey. I would rather him spell the other two. We should be deep at the WR position and hopefully we can find some consistency.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 53,211, Level: 71
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,223
    Points
    53,211
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Quote Originally Posted by Pille1895 View Post
    I agree with this lineup except I could also see JUCO Givens starting at Free Safety. Brings in more speed than O'Connel.
    I agree - Givens will have every opportunity to start opposite Mr. Sims....



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 269,339, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,452
    Points
    269,339
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 19

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    On paper, I really like next year's team. I think 2011 is going to be a tough one, but 2012-2013 could be the best back to back FB years ever IMO.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,305, Level: 59
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,590
    Points
    37,305
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    If Knott and Klein can really play, then we will be bowling again next year.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 68,849, Level: 81
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,348
    Points
    68,849
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 16

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneraslin View Post
    I know next years schedule is a hard one but I think the clones can at least match this years performance. Here are my guesses at the starters for the 2010 season. Alot of experience on O and D for next year.

    * Previous starting experience
    $ JUCO Conference Defensive POY
    # JUCO Team Defensive POY

    Offense

    TE Collin Franklin 6-7, 254 SR
    LT *Kelechi Osemelle 6-5, 349 JR
    LG Hayworth Hicks 6-3, 346 JR
    C *Alex Alvarez 6-2, 295 SR
    RG *Ben Lamaak 6-4, 318 SR
    RT *Scott Haughton 6-3, 338 JR
    QB *Austen Arnaud 6-3, 224 SR
    RB *Alexander Robinson 5-9, 187 SR
    WR *Darius Reynolds 6-2, 201 JR
    WR *Jake Williams 6-1, 19 SR
    WR *Darius Darks 6-1, 184 JR

    Defense

    DE *Rashawn Parker 6-0, 254 SR
    DT *Austin Alburtis 6-1, 266 SR
    NG *Bailey Johnson 6-2, 267 SR
    DE $Rony Nelson 6-2, 250 JR
    SAM Jacob Latimer 6-2, 240 JR
    MIKE A.J. Klein 6-1, 234 SO
    WILL Jake Knott 6-2, 234 SO
    CB #Anthony Young 5-9, 180 JR
    CB *Leonrad Johnson 5-10, 189 JR
    NB *Ter'ran Benton 6-0, 197 JR
    SS *David Sims 5-9, 208 SR
    FS *Michael O'Connel 5-11, 211 SR
    And we have some excellent competition set up for some starting spots:

    - Don't count out Sed Johnson at WR
    - Don't count out Ruemp at DL
    - Don't count out Reeves to battle Young
    - Don't count out Givens over O'Connell



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 143,290, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,383
    Points
    143,290
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    And we have some excellent competition set up for some starting spots:

    - Don't count out Sed Johnson at WR
    - Don't count out Ruemp at DL
    - Don't count out Reeves to battle Young
    - Don't count out Givens over O'Connell
    What you said. I'd generally expect Ruemp to start and Reeves to be our top corner off the bench.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 38,657, Level: 60
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    38,657
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    i like that we're playing 12 guys on defense. that will really help against OU, UT and tech. plus i bet we beat nebraska in ames using 12 guys on defense.


    Husker Hater

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 326,694, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    14,494
    Points
    326,694
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 528
    Given: 1,049

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    I am hoping Ruempollhamer, Jerrod Black, or RSFr Walter Woods can get some quality PT next year.
    We could really use some more beef on the interior D-Line. If the NG can clog things up more, that really helps free up the 260 lb DTs to make more noise in the middle.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 50,739, Level: 69
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,830
    Points
    50,739
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Looking at next years starters

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    I am hoping Ruempollhamer, Jerrod Black, or RSFr Walter Woods can get some quality PT next year.
    We could really use some more beef on the interior D-Line. If the NG can clog things up more, that really helps free up the 260 lb DTs to make more noise in the middle.

    I agree. I think that Ruemp, Black and Woods will be a great rotation. I think that Walter Woods could be a sleeper. I look for big things from him this year.

    He reminds me of what Iowa has done in the past. They find linebackers who can become defensive tackles. I know that he already had the size, but he was able to play middle linebacker in high school which tells me that he should be fairly mobile.

    Has anyone heard how he has done in practices?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM