Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 337

Droid Apps

Saw there were people with the Droid too and wondered if anyone had some apps they find useful or just fun. I haven't looked too hard at them yet.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Droid Apps

Check out Locale.

Addict
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,610
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 15

Re: Droid Apps

I have the HTC Hero which is a Google Android phone...have had it for like 2 or so months now.

Here's a few

1) TasKiller - Visual task manager of all your stuff running in the background/foreground and you can shut down apps from here. Also has an ignore list..

2) Shazam - Same thing as the iPhone...If there's a song playing and you want to know what song it is, this listens and matches and tells you the title, artist, album, etc

3) mPuzzle - If you like stuff like Sodoku, Kakuro, etc puzzles...get this app. Has thousands of puzzles available for like 9 different types of puzzles and is a great way to waste time if you need to and still exercise the brain.

4) nru - I see you're from a small town, but if you're in a big city and need to know where to eat based on your GPS location, this is an app by Zagat (Zagat Ratings). It will show a cool interface and show you were restaurants and eateries are near you.

5) Open Table - Again, ever in a big city, you're out and about and need to reserve a place at a restaurant....you can do it with this if the restaurant has it enabled (I think a good number in most big cities now will)

To be honest, that's about all I use because this phone has built in Gmail, Google Maps, Google search, Weather, Stocks, Facebook, Browser, etc.

The two other things I do have is a barcode scanner which you can use your camera and frame a barcode in it and it'll search the web for it or amazon. The other one I use is like a dictionary app in case i need to define a word easily or what not.