Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Gray Shirt Details

I see some possible gray shirt possibilities on the ISU's current verbal commitment list. Just wondering if any of the verbals plan on being gray shirted and then does this free up more schollys to use for the current class.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 12

Re: Gray Shirt Details

Quote Originally Posted by paysclone View Post
    I see some possible gray shirt possibilities on the ISU's current verbal commitment list. Just wondering if any of the verbals plan on being gray shirted and then does this free up more schollys to use for the current class.
    It would take away from next year's class which at this point looks to be a smaller class due to bumping up against the 85 limit. I doubt if many would prefer the 27th best option this year to say the 20th best option next year.

Starter
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It would take away from next year's class which at this point looks to be a smaller class due to bumping up against the 85 limit. I doubt if many would prefer the 27th best option this year to say the 20th best option next year.
    Maybe the 27th best option this year would consider us more right now after a bowl win, rather than the 20th best option at this time next year not considering us as high because of whatever may happen next year with the tough schedule. ISU's stock is high right now, maybe the staff wants to capitalize on that.

Just playing devil's advocate though, I personally think ISU will continue to get better every year as long as CPR is at the helm. GO ISU!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by isucy1234 View Post
    Maybe the 27th best option this year would consider us more right now after a bowl win, rather than the 20th best option at this time next year not considering us as high because of whatever may happen next year with the tough schedule. ISU's stock is high right now, maybe the staff wants to capitalize on that.
    Yeah, this would pretty much fly in the face of conventional wisdom, which says a good season boosts your recruiting the year after more so than the current year. By the time your current season is complete, most teams have already filled a good portion of their recruiting class, so the benefit of the season doesn't really kick in until the following year. That's why what this staff has done in recruiting coming off a 2-10 year is all the more remarkable.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 maybe 2 greyshirts from this class. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see zero either. I'm sure for the couple of kids that seem more like greyshirt candidates that the coaching staff has discussed this option with them already so they are aware of the possibility. Then, when (if) the time comes that we get more solid commitments than we would normally be allotted they would approach those likely greyshirt candidates and formally ask them to do so.

With the list of prospects we have on our offer list, I wouldn't at all be surprised that we take more and ask a few to greyshirt.