Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

Houston vs. Iowa State

With the football team ending the 2009 season victoriuos, I figure its time the basketball team starts picking things up in 2010. This Houston team is not that bad of a team and hopefully we don't have too much holiday rust. If Brackins and Gilstrap shoot the ball 40 times, I'm be real happy. We need a nice win to build for the Duke game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Houston vs. Iowa State

well, according to many here on CF, the men's bb program is hopeless with the current coaching staff. Hilton Magic is dead and it's Cyclone Alley's fault. The team doesn't play inspired, and teams they should hang 30 on they only beat by 20 or 15. That pretty much sums up what the next 75 posts might contain (but are not limited to).

I'm still cautiously excited to see what this team can do in the big XII... I really find the scheduling this year bizarre with so many games so close together early, then these super long breaks in the latter half of december. I'm not sure any of us know who this team really is. Here's hoping they find a groove this month. Unlike the last couple years, they do have the talent to hang with teams, esp. in the backcourt. Steal a couple roadies (kNU, CU perhaps?) and defend the Hilton, and hopefully we're tickling the 18 win mark come early march... which with a couple of wins in the big12 tourney could punch a ticket to the dance.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I can't wait for the houston game 2moro!!! 2 very fast paced, athletic teams (FINALLY!). I can't believe people are so negative on CF we lost two extremely close games (we were ahead for most of each game, i know, i was at BOTH of them). Northwestern is now #25 in AP Poll and i guarantee we would beat them 9 out of 10 times we had that game won. This ISU team without a doubt has what it takes to be rated I think people forget the hype we got after the st. louis game (head coach said we look "kansas-good"). As far as Cyclone Alley and the atmosphere: just wait for the Texas game. If we're not insanely loud at that game, then start hatin. But right now, relax....hope for some good wins and expect to see this team in the tourney come march! GO STATE!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 4

GMAC said that to get the Duke game they had to find an opponent to play on ESPNU the following Saturday. They had trouble finding one so they moved the NDSU game from the week between Christmas and New Years to January 9th. Explains the big layoff after Christmas.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

I just want a win here. Not concerned about style points. I don't anticipate these guys having much problem with Houston at home. Just my opinion. I don't think this Houston team is nearly as good as they have been.