Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 91,934, Level: 94
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,216
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    91,934
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 44

    Seriously Sinclair?!?

    I know there are Packer fans around here in DSM, but the Eagles - Cowgirls game is more compelling for Sunday's 3 PM game on 17. Winner wins the NFC East and a 1st round bye is at stake for the Eagles.

    Packers are already in the playoffs, Arizona already won their division - the only way that game gets interesting is if the Eagles lose

    C'mon!


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 80,837, Level: 88
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,113
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jumbopackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,470
    Points
    80,837
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 8

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Firstly, I doubt sinclair has much to do with it. It's likely a decision made by the affiliate.

    And secondly, it's a decision made by the affiliate based on the market they are in.

    You can always get Sunday Ticket and not have to worry about it ;)


    "Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 91,934, Level: 94
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,216
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    91,934
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 44

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    Firstly, I doubt sinclair has much to do with it. It's likely a decision made by the affiliate.

    And secondly, it's a decision made by the affiliate based on the market they are in.

    You can always get Sunday Ticket and not have to worry about it ;)
    Buy Sunday Ticket for the last game of the year? I will find a bar


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Actually, I think if you have Directv that you get the final week of the ticket for free. It does seem odd that Fox would pick the Packer/Cards game for tomorrow, but there are more Packer fans in this town that Cowboy fans, and there is the local angle with Kurt Warner.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 12,990, Level: 34
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    651
    Points
    12,990
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    It could be based upon two factors. Warner is from Iowa, and GB is in the midwest. Your statement about being more GB fans than Cowboy fans is certainly up for debate. Remember, the Dallas Cowboys are America`s team!



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonestar12 View Post
    It could be based upon two factors. Warner is from Iowa, and GB is in the midwest. Your statement about being more GB fans than Cowboy fans is certainly up for debate. Remember, the Dallas Cowboys are America`s team!
    If by "America's team" you mean that it is the one team not on the East coast that ESPN is obsessed with, you're right. Your premise about the fans is probably right on, the Cowboys do have a national following.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    As stated earlier, Sinclair has absolutely nothing to do with what game gets played in this market. The smear campaign is working. I heard Sinclair shot JR too.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 17,524, Level: 40
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    665
    Points
    17,524
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 6

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by HILLCYD View Post
    As stated earlier, Sinclair has absolutely nothing to do with what game gets played in this market.
    Of course they do. KDSM is owned by Sinclair. Whoever made this decision was likely in Des Moines, and not Baltimore, but it was a Sinclair employee.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD720 View Post
    Of course they do. KDSM is owned by Sinclair. Whoever made this decision was likely in Des Moines, and not Baltimore, but it was a Sinclair employee.
    You're right. Sinclair is really the front for a terrorist group whose only mission in life is to **** off NFL football fans by playing meaningless games.

    One thing is for sure, it doens't matter what they do, someone will ***** about it.

    I am not a sinclair apologist or really give a rats *** about what they do. But, if someone is so peeved that they get online and whine about what game is being played on TV, you would think they that would get a service that would allow them to watch what they want to watch.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Was KDSM still doing the online voting thing for this week's game? If that's the case, you can blame the people who voted (or didn't). Of course that's still KDSM's decision to do the voting in the first place, but they must feel it's worth it.

    You'd better believe that if KCCI allowed voting for which game to show, I'd be voting for the Chiefs every week, even with as bad as they are.




  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 91,934, Level: 94
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,216
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    91,934
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 44

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by dustinal View Post
    Was KDSM still doing the online voting thing for this week's game? If that's the case, you can blame the people who voted (or didn't). Of course that's still KDSM's decision to do the voting in the first place, but they must feel it's worth it.

    You'd better believe that if KCCI allowed voting for which game to show, I'd be voting for the Chiefs every week, even with as bad as they are.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 91,934, Level: 94
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,216
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    91,934
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 44

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by HILLCYD View Post
    You're right. Sinclair is really the front for a terrorist group whose only mission in life is to **** off NFL football fans by playing meaningless games.

    One thing is for sure, it doens't matter what they do, someone will ***** about it.

    I am not a sinclair apologist or really give a rats *** about what they do. But, if someone is so peeved that they get online and whine about what game is being played on TV, you would think they that would get a service that would allow them to watch what they want to watch.
    Yeah - two posts sticking up for the company that owns Fox 17; which in my book is all the Sinclair Company. You definitely don't give a ****.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsCy View Post
    Yeah - two posts sticking up for the company that owns Fox 17; which in my book is all the Sinclair Company. You definitely don't give a ****.
    You have the ability to see any game you want. If you chose not to pay the money for that, then you have no reason to ***** like a 12 year old girl.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 91,934, Level: 94
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,216
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,290
    Points
    91,934
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 44

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by HILLCYD View Post
    You have the ability to see any game you want. If you chose not to pay the money for that, then you have no reason to ***** like a 12 year old girl.
    That's three posts - your apathy is inspiring


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 48,904, Level: 68
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,354
    Points
    48,904
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 10

    Re: Seriously Sinclair?!?




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM