Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0
    If Wesley Johnson can fill in at 2 guard, GMac has 4 guards on scholarship, plus walk ons Mark Currie, Brock Jacobsen, Cris Ceasar and Tyler Norman and maybe Patrick Conrad. Apparently he will bring in at least 2 more in this class. During the LE/TF years we had Willoughby, Horton, Sullivan and Tinsley that were quality guards. Willoughby and Horton followed their old coaches to ISU. JC Holloway was a quality guard, but he was Johnny's recruit. The point I am making is for 8 years the 2 "greatest" coaches ever at ISU didn't do a very good job of recruiting guards, the key to success in college bball. Seems GMac is determined to fill that void.

Prospect
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Tim Floyd recruited Kirk Hinrich to ISU. Last I knew he turned out decent.

It helps to stick around for more than a few years...

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 416
    Given: 370
    I think guards are a very increasing necessity in college ball. It used to be that you needed a couple 6-10 or bigger big men that could touch the ball away from the rim, now you rarely find that. If you have Wesley and Clark on the floor at the same time, they are going to need to raise the roof of Hilton or we may have some problems:)

GMac does seem to notice that ISU has great history developing guards and we need them in the BigXII because of the toughness and talent of the league. I have no fears that we will be fine with guards going forward.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Starter
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 28
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oldgeezer &#064; 07&#045;13&#045;06 8&#58;51 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> If Wesley Johnson can fill in at 2 guard, GMac has 4 guards on scholarship, plus walk ons Mark Currie, Brock Jacobsen, Cris Ceasar and Tyler Norman and maybe Patrick Conrad. Apparently he will bring in at least 2 more in this class. During the LE/TF years we had Willoughby, Horton, Sullivan and Tinsley that were quality guards. Willoughby and Horton followed their old coaches to ISU. JC Holloway was a quality guard, but he was Johnny&#39;s recruit. The point I am making is for 8 years the 2 "greatest" coaches ever at ISU didn&#39;t do a very good job of recruiting guards, the key to success in college bball. Seems GMac is determined to fill that void. [/b][/quote]

Willoughby, Horton, and Sullivan were all lights out midrange and longrange jump shooters. That&#39;s what we&#39;ve really lacked over the Stinson/Blalock years. Neither could create their own outside shot, and neither was the deadeye shooter you need to force defenses to overcompensate and help out.

If Taylor and McIntosh can light it up from the outside like their doing in the CC League, and create their own shot, i&#39;m thinking we&#39;ll see a lot more scoring from Gray, Marsden, Hubalek, and maybe even the Johnsons.

"It's just another gym" -- Jamaal Tinsley, on playing at Phog Allen Fieldhouse

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 20
    Mike Nurse was more than a pretty decent guard.

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I agree. Michael Nurse could light it up&#33;&#33; Let&#39;s hope some of our new guys can as well. Sure is fun being a Cyclone&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    nurse wasnt that good until he got hit by a truck then all of a sudden brought us back against western ill hitting 3 pointer after 3 pointer and never missed a beat sense maybe we should make a habit of hitting our gaurds with trucks to make them shoot better(i really dont suggest this)

dan k

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 23
    It will be interesting to see how any of these guys actually end up performing. Highly touted recruits don&#39;t always equal memorable Big XII performers.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ncgrant &#064; 07&#045;13&#045;06 10&#58;19 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Tim Floyd recruited Kirk Hinrich to ISU. Last I knew he turned out decent.

It helps to stick around for more than a few years...

[/b][/quote] And just how minutes did Kirk Hinrich play for ISU? Stinson and Blalock were recruited by WM for LE and they were quality guards, and I forgot Mike Nurse, but there was a definate lack of quality guards during the recent past.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3
    What about Ricky Morgan, he was good... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] , wait, he was TERRIBLE.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Who was the Aussie guard Floyd recruited that ended up not being eligible?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vanillathrilla &#064; 07&#045;13&#045;06 4&#58;32 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> What about Ricky Morgan, he was good... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] , wait, he was TERRIBLE. [/b][/quote]

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnsonjj &#064; 07&#045;14&#045;06 1&#58;50 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Who was the Aussie guard Floyd recruited that ended up not being eligible?

C J Bruton?

[/b][/quote]

Rookie
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    C J was a great gaurd played under Terry Carroll at indian hills during there runs at the NJCAA national titles too bac he wasnt able to come to ISU it would have been a great pick up

dan k

Prospect
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oldgeezer &#064; 07&#045;13&#045;06 3&#58;31 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> And just how minutes did Kirk Hinrich play for ISU? Stinson and Blalock were recruited by WM for LE and they were quality guards, and I forgot Mike Nurse, but there was a definate lack of quality guards during the recent past. [/b][/quote]
    Hinrich signed a LOI to play at ISU. So did Bruton. So did Jerome Harper. A coaching change and NCAA eligibility kept them from playing here. I don&#39;t recall that Horton had previously played for LE, I believe he was recruited here, Whether you like it or not, Stinson and Blalock came to ISU to play for LE, not WM. You did acknowledge Sullivan and Tinsley. Someone pointed out Mike Nurse, who played much better once Tinsley took over at the point. Let&#39;s not forget Shane Power, he was a solid SG (though he left because LE was an a-hole).

The point I&#39;m trying to make is that TF and LE DID actually recruit some quality guards to ISU, although for various reasons (some outside of their control) they didn&#39;t all work out. For you to suggest, however, that TF and LE didn&#39;t do a good job of recruiting guards, I think is inaccurate.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ncgrant &#064; 07&#045;15&#045;06 10&#58;01 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hinrich signed a LOI to play at ISU. So did Bruton. So did Jerome Harper. A coaching change and NCAA eligibility kept them from playing here. I don&#39;t recall that Horton had previously played for LE, I believe he was recruited here, Whether you like it or not, Stinson and Blalock came to ISU to play for LE, not WM. You did acknowledge Sullivan and Tinsley. Someone pointed out Mike Nurse, who played much better once Tinsley took over at the point. Let&#39;s not forget Shane Power, he was a solid SG (though he left because LE was an a-hole).

The point I&#39;m trying to make is that TF and LE DID actually recruit some quality guards to ISU, although for various reasons (some outside of their control) they didn&#39;t all work out. For you to suggest, however, that TF and LE didn&#39;t do a good job of recruiting guards, I think is inaccurate.
    [/b][/quote]

Well there have been rumors swirling over why Shane Power suddenly transfered across the country, and some of them are pretty outragous. So if they were true, then he should of transfered......