Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Keeler

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 38,489, Level: 60
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,036
    Points
    38,489
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Keeler

    with yet another pathetic . . snide piece on ISU's win last night. He is so predictable . . dull, and uninspired. DSM, please consider hiring someone with talent for 2010.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 55,991, Level: 73
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,059
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,530
    Points
    55,991
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    And he wrote it all from a hotel room in Miami after watching the game on TV. That pretty much sums it up.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 728,624, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,157
    Points
    728,624
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,118
    Given: 587

    Re: Keeler

    Oh, be nice......"A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men."



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,718, Level: 27
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    315
    Points
    8,718
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Did we actually read the same piece? I liked it actually. Talked about restoring trust in the program, the "it" factor. And you are kidding yourself if you think that came wasn't as ugly as he described it. But an ugly win is still a win.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 38,489, Level: 60
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,036
    Points
    38,489
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by ArathornClone View Post
    Did we actually read the same piece? I liked it actually. Talked about restoring trust in the program, the "it" factor. And you are kidding yourself if you think that came wasn't as ugly as he described it. But an ugly win is still a win.
    Yah . . it was an inspiring positive piece . . of crap. Have you ever heard the expression, "back handed compliments?" Keeler TOTALLY FAILS to comprehend just how great an accomplishment PR just pulled off. Any decent writer would accentuate all the positives of this upstart program.

    So enjoy the piece if you think is a wonderful lead column on ISU's incredible come back season. I think it SUCKS.

    I could have written a great column on Jesse Smith alone. But pudgy likes to meter out his approval as if he were some sort of sports authority.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by Madclone1 View Post
    Yah . . it was an inspiring positive piece . . of crap. Have you ever heard the expression, "back handed compliments?" Keeler TOTALLY FAILS to comprehend just how great an accomplishment PR just pulled off. Any decent writer would accentuate all the positives of this upstart program.

    So enjoy the piece if you think is a wonderful lead column on ISU's incredible come back season. I think it SUCKS.

    I could have written a great column on Jesse Smith alone. But pudgy likes to meter out his approval as if he were some sort of sports authority.
    So far you've just said it sucks, but haven't pointed out a particular passage or section of it to explain why it sucks. I thought it was a good column, and was very complimentary of ISU.

    Go for it.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 58,153, Level: 74
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,569
    Points
    58,153
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 78

    Re: Keeler

    To me reading Keeler is like wathing a Danny Mac coached team. About the time you start feeling good about the situation you get B!#@& slapped from the blind side. Keeler had to be nice because we won but he just has to throw in a few jabs at ISU and stroke the Hawk fans. He is a tool.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 117,937, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,488
    Points
    117,937
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

    Re: Keeler

    Some of you on this board really need to lighten up some. I just read the column and I didn't see anything wrong with it.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    To me reading Keeler is like wathing a Danny Mac coached team. About the time you start feeling good about the situation you get B!#@& slapped from the blind side. Keeler had to be nice because we won but he just has to throw in a few jabs at ISU and stroke the Hawk fans. He is a tool.
    What "jab" did he take?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 254,395, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,504
    Points
    254,395
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 454
    Given: 396

    Re: Keeler

    Little brother syndrome.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 43,612, Level: 64
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    1,647
    Points
    43,612
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    So far you've just said it sucks, but haven't pointed out a particular passage or section of it to explain why it sucks. I thought it was a good column, and was very complimentary of ISU.

    Go for it.
    Could you point out why we should care what you think?



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneChris View Post
    Could you point out why we should care what you think?
    I said I thought it was a good column, and complimentary of ISU. He said it wasn't a well-played game - and it wasn't - but made some good points about pride being restored to the program.

    If you find that hard to stomach, I feel sorry for you.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 95,363, Level: 96
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,687
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUChippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,129
    Points
    95,363
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 100

    Re: Keeler

    Sorry, MadClone, can't agree. I don't always like Keeler's work, but I thought his column was just fine in this case.

    What does never cease to amaze me is that a fair number of Cyclone fans seem to feel that Keeler should write nothing but positive stories about ISU and that he is apparently obligated to act as some sort of Des Moines of the ISU PR department.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 97,215, Level: 97
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,835
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,957
    Points
    97,215
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 43

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneChris View Post
    Could you point out why we should care what you think?
    I would say, because he is responding to a post on a public message board. I'm included in this, but seriously, anyone who posts on message boards cares what others think, it's the whole point of posting on a message board.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 117,937, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,488
    Points
    117,937
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

    Re: Keeler

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    What does never cease to amaze me is that a fair number of Cyclone fans seem to feel that Keeler should write nothing but positive stories about ISU and that he is apparently obligated to act as some sort of Des Moines of the ISU PR department.
    It happens with every fanbase, but you're right, it surprises me as well that we still have fans that think this way.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM