Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 15,608, Level: 37
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    744
    Points
    15,608
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

    Confused w/Attendance???

    So I apologize if this has been brought up but I am in AZ and just went out to read some articles about the game on the dmreg website. It says there were only 12,000 Cyclone fans at the game yet attendance was 45K+. I find this hard to beleive as Tempe and the stadium were surrounded by Cyclones. Anybody know the true number of Cyclones that showed up?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,563, Level: 75
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,487
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,361
    Points
    58,563
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Quote Originally Posted by clone4lyfe View Post
    So I apologize if this has been brought up but I am in AZ and just went out to read some articles about the game on the dmreg website. It says there were only 12,000 Cyclone fans at the game yet attendance was 45K+. I find this hard to beleive as Tempe and the stadium were surrounded by Cyclones. Anybody know the true number of Cyclones that showed up?
    Tons of fans who were locals. Also, I'm wondering how they counted the 45K. Did they count 10K Minny tickets (even the ones the Big 11 covered), plus the tickets to locals in the same seats?

    I think 12K is a little low for ISU. I'd say 15-20K.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 37,325, Level: 59
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,481
    Points
    37,325
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 6

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Not sure on total attendance, but I would guess we had about 20,000 there. First bowl I have ever been to, it was an awesome experience seeing Cyclone Nation travel that well. I think I will be attending every bowl we ever make from here on out. Its just too cool of a thing to miss.

    GO CLONES



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 89,036, Level: 92
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,336
    Points
    89,036
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    Not sure on total attendance, but I would guess we had about 20,000 there. First bowl I have ever been to, it was an awesome experience seeing Cyclone Nation travel that well. I think I will be attending every bowl we ever make from here on out. Its just too cool of a thing to miss.

    GO CLONES
    Agreed, that was a home (away from home) game.



  5. #5
    Recruit
    Points: 3,731, Level: 17
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    desertbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Madison County, Iowa
    Posts
    87
    Points
    3,731
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    As usual, the DMR is way off. There were easily 15,000 - 18,000 Cyclone fans there. Most of the east side of the stadium was ISU. The lower level was full, and I've heard that the upper level had a lot of folks as well. The west (Minnesota) side had a whole lot of empty seats.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 27,305, Level: 50
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Points
    27,305
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    The DMR will never be accurate where ISU is concerned, except perhaps to delight in the misfortunes of players who stray. The DMR collective simply does not like ISU and will always spin things in the least favorable light. Idiots.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 35,289, Level: 57
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,294
    Points
    35,289
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 38

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Let's say you could combine BSU, Minn and TCU fans...we still had more fans. I would say 17,000-20,000 fans.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 114,495, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,988
    Points
    114,495
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 82

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Where I was sitting, about every ten rows there would be about 2 rows of locals or donating business employees...this was in the players family section which I found very confusing.

    While I'm on the subject of the family section, I was absolutely disgusted with the organization on ISU's part with getting family and friends tickets. One person manually checking names and one manually handing out tickets. We were at the stadium 2 hrs before kickoff and sat down 15 minutes before kickoff. When we got in, there was still a line with more than 150 in line. Embarrassing on ISU's part that some of these families would not be able to watch their sons run out onto the field, some for the last time.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 30,393, Level: 53
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    Points
    30,393
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    Where I was sitting, about every ten rows there would be about 2 rows of locals or donating business employees...this was in the players family section which I found very confusing.

    While I'm on the subject of the family section, I was absolutely disgusted with the organization on ISU's part with getting family and friends tickets. One person manually checking names and one manually handing out tickets. We were at the stadium 2 hrs before kickoff and sat down 15 minutes before kickoff. When we got in, there was still a line with more than 150 in line. Embarrassing on ISU's part that some of these families would not be able to watch their sons run out onto the field, some for the last time.
    Chalk that one up to the accountant.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Quote Originally Posted by desertbound View Post
    As usual, the DMR is way off. There were easily 15,000 - 18,000 Cyclone fans there. Most of the east side of the stadium was ISU. The lower level was full, and I've heard that the upper level had a lot of folks as well. The west (Minnesota) side had a whole lot of empty seats.
    In fairness to the DMR, Pollard did announce two days ago that ISU had sold 8,300 tickets and he expected between 11,000 and 13,000 ISU fans to be there.


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 185,776, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,377
    Points
    185,776
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 332

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    I figured the lower level of the one side probably held about 12,000 people.

    Great showing. But I really doubt if it was more than 15,000 ISU fans.

    But again, I was basing that off of the fact that it looked like 45000 people was a 'tickets sold' figure.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 74,816, Level: 84
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,663
    Points
    74,816
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 24

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    It seemed like a great game for even the non clone/minny fans.

    14-13 coming down to the last drive.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,824, Level: 69
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Points
    49,824
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 6

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Well i watched it on TV and it looked like alot of Clones were there, and it also looked like minny had a decent showing nothing close to Iowa state, but not as terrible as i expected, i thought that big of a stadium would look a little less empty but at kickoff it looked pretty full of TV if you exclude the extreme nosebleeds



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 185,776, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,377
    Points
    185,776
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 332

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Well i watched it on TV and it looked like alot of Clones were there, and it also looked like minny had a decent showing nothing close to Iowa state, but not as terrible as i expected, i thought that big of a stadium would look a little less empty but at kickoff it looked pretty full of TV if you exclude the extreme nosebleeds

    Minnesota was worse than you probably thought. Lots of people sitting on that side were just AZ locals.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,436, Level: 62
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bondurant, IA
    Posts
    3,634
    Points
    41,436
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 0

    Re: Confused w/Attendance???

    Insight employs 5,000 people in Tempe. I am sure they had a great employee showing also. If half the employees came and took their family that would be a lot of people also. there had to have been at least 15,000 ISU fans there though. Not bad considering the economy.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM