Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Many of us have tailgated a number of times prior to our Cyclones taking the field on gameday.

What's your favorite memory from tailgating? Can be at Jack Trice or an away game.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    the 2004 Iowa-ISU game at Kinnick...even though we lost, some of my colleagues (5 in fact, all hawk fans)and I were tailgating. Two of them were drunk off thier ***** and one ******* his pants. The other one went with him to the caibo&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] I soooooooooooooooo wish i had my video camera on me that day.

God Bless America

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    for me,

two come to mind almost at once...the Colorado game last year..with the guest appearence of our mascot...and a longhorn contest a few years back... in which I had to assist a most horrid portly women eject herself from a nasty port-o-potty. every method short of butter and the &#39;jaws of life" were in use to perfom a successful rescue.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    For me, it&#39;s a tie between 4 games.

- The ISU-FSU game from 2002 in KC. We parked that day around 10am for a night game in Arrowhead. Need I say more? Well, I will. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Had a blast with many, many fans from the state - even a group of Iowa fans traveled south to watch and root for ISU. Great day, damn good game too.

- ISU-Iowa from 2005. Had a group of 12 of our friends we rounded up for this game...parked before 7. Breakfast and lunch were had on the grill, of course with plenty of various beverages. A group of ISU cheerleaders stopped over and played a few games with us...can&#39;t complain about that. Good times, especially being a few were Hawk fans and they reluctantly returned after that 23-3 beating.

- ISU-Nebraska from 2005 in Lincoln. Parked next to a big group of Husker fans and had a great time. They had run out of grill space so we let them borrow ours for a bit. They gave us some pretty good tasting brats. Then, we were offered to partake in their long-time tradition - taking a shot of peppermint schnapps from the *** of an inflatable sheep. I&#39;ve never felt more at home than that moment right there.

- ISU-Colorado from 2005. Talk about one crazy atmosphere. Again, we rounded up a large group - this time 16 I think - because of the discounted tickets. Had burgers, brats, chili - you name it. Parked in the grass this time instead of our "assigned" Cyclone Club parking - enjoy the grass so much better. Of course the tornado made things even more interesting, especially being we helped save a tent (neighboring tailgaters) before it was destroyed and swept away by the wind.

- ISU-someone from &#39;98. Had a group of my HS buddies visit me in Ames on a football game weekend. I don&#39;t remember who ISU played that day and really don&#39;t know much about the tailgate we drank far, far too much beer that day. What I&#39;ll never forget is it was one of the last times all of us were together with one of the group being killed in a car accident about a year later. He was the glue that kept us together and it was his first, and last, college football game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6
    I would have to say the Nebraska game from 2002. We were in the student lot right beside the Jack got there at 6 for the tailgating had to argue to get our flat bed truck in there. We were parked next to the BEER team an a few of the other usual tailgaters. By about 10 the base of the lot was just packed with people the stereo blaring, beer pong, washers were being played and field goals were being kicked. Everyone was have a great time Nebraska fans were scared to come anywhere near that area. Then we kicked the crap out of them in the game.

Kyle S. Flander

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95
    &#39;05 Kstate game. my buddy&#39;s brother came down from sioux city to tailgate with us. after chugging a misplaced glass full of vodka during a beer pong game, he informed us he was going to look for a ticket. he left the grass lots on elwood and literally fell over the fence as he headed to the stadium. needless to say, we forgot about him completely. after witnessing the clones throttling the mildcats, we realized he had been missing for the better part of 5 hours. several minutes later we received the call that he had ridden in the paddy wagon to nevada. Good times. I will never forget walking back to our tailgate following the 02 game at Kinnick. greatest game i have ever witnessed in person.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The 2005 Colorado game.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    2005 colorado game. was too drunk to care if we got sucked up in it. and last years iowa game also, i was drunk enough to hang my nuts out of my pants while talking to one of my buddies who was clueless...it brought quite a crowd so i had to tuck them back in eventually

Speechless
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 55
    Another vote for the 2005 Colorado game here.

I&#39;ll never forget the tornado sirens going off and my dad and I hustling into Hilton to take shelter. Then a mini pep rally broke out inside Hilton....classic.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 4
    In 30+ years of going to games, the memory I will never forget is last year at Army. We had the privilige of tailgating on the banks of the Hudsen River, and were told stories by the locals of this being the scene of many Civil War battles where the British ships had to pass between two high cliffs on either side of the river.

Our troops strung cable between the cliffs, and the high masts of the British ships were stuck, making them sitting ducks.

It was amazing to sit and imagine our future being made possible on that site over 225 years ago.