Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Post Pep Rally

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,523, Level: 43
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,517
    Points
    20,523
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Post Pep Rally

    I thought it was amazing! I was standing right next to the players and shook CPR's hand. Any estimates on the number of people?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 113,162, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,406
    Points
    113,162
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 594
    Given: 490

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Yeah that pep rally was awesome. If you are not in Arizona, be sure to watch the news tonight and see this. Jeff Johnson said at one point 6,000 people but I am not sure if that is entirely accurate.


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 20,523, Level: 43
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,517
    Points
    20,523
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by phipsiclones View Post
    Yeah that pep rally was awesome. If you are not in Arizona, be sure to watch the news tonight and see this. Jeff Johnson said at one point 6,000 people but I am not sure if that is entirely accurate.
    seemed like more then 6,000



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,559, Level: 76
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,816
    Points
    60,559
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 1,016

    Writeup in the Register

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan987 View Post
    I thought it was amazing! I was standing right next to the players and shook CPR's hand. Any estimates on the number of people?
    Randy with the DSM Reg has a bit of a blog about the spirit rally and has some nice things to say about it. He's estimating 5300 people but the Reg tends to be a little conservative. Sounds like a heck of a good time by a lot of Cyclone fans!:
    Cyclones Des Moines Register Staff Blogs | The Des Moines Register



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 20,523, Level: 43
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,517
    Points
    20,523
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: Writeup in the Register

    Quote Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
    Randy with the DSM Reg has a bit of a blog about the spirit rally and has some nice things to say about it. He's estimating 5300 people but the Reg tends to be a little conservative. Sounds like a heck of a good time by a lot of Cyclone fans!:
    Cyclones Des Moines Register Staff Blogs | The Des Moines Register
    Nobody was counting so i don't know how anyone can really get it accurate



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,559, Level: 76
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,816
    Points
    60,559
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 1,016

    Re: Writeup in the Register

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan987 View Post
    Nobody was counting so i don't know how anyone can really get it accurate
    I agree, if Randy said 5300 it was probably 7000!



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 8,668, Level: 27
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    State Center
    Posts
    356
    Points
    8,668
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 3

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    If they count the cash and divide it by 5 that will tell us how many adults were there, that would be a good place to start



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 119,352, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    balken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,643
    Points
    119,352
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by junckerl View Post
    If they count the cash and divide it by 5 that will tell us how many adults were there, that would be a good place to start

    Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't use a logical methodology like that. We must depend on conjecture and speculation. At least until the aerial imaging comes back with an estimate.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 876,019, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,019
    Points
    876,019
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,530
    Given: 2,066

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by balken View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't use a logical methodology like that. We must depend on conjecture and speculation. At least until the aerial imaging comes back with an estimate.
    Good point. I liked his idea at first, but further reflection tells me that I'd rather eyeball it with my eyes closed.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 136,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,338
    Points
    136,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by junckerl View Post
    If they count the cash and divide it by 5 that will tell us how many adults were there, that would be a good place to start
    I'm guessing the person counting the cash has little care for letting someone in Des Moines know how much he made.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 28,736, Level: 52
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,736
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    I was standing next to Darius "Money" Reynolds and Darius Darks at the ol' pep rally. I'd say it was one helluva turnout and we should be pretty proud of the amount of people that traveled down here.
    I believe it was Pollard that informed us we outsold Minnesota (game tickets) 8 to 1 so I'm anxious to see the comparison in fan bases today during the tailgate and game.

    Might I also add, I've seen all of 2 Minnesota fans down here so far. I've been here since Monday morning.

    GO CYCLONES!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 277,248, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,147
    Points
    277,248
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 221

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by mizouse87 View Post
    I was standing next to Darius "Money" Reynolds and Darius Darks at the ol' pep rally. I'd say it was one helluva turnout and we should be pretty proud of the amount of people that traveled down here.
    I believe it was Pollard that informed us we outsold Minnesota (game tickets) 8 to 1 so I'm anxious to see the comparison in fan bases today during the tailgate and game.

    Might I also add, I've seen all of 2 Minnesota fans down here so far. I've been here since Monday morning.

    GO CYCLONES!
    http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...ediction-time/

    Iowa State won at school ticket windows 8,300-1,900.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 39,629, Level: 61
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,700
    Points
    39,629
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 53

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    I'm guessing the person counting the cash has little care for letting someone in Des Moines know how much he made.
    Except it was Alumni Association people who were collecting the cover charge which would lead me to believe that they got to keep the money. I'm guessing the AA paid a flat rate to use Rawhide, but got to keep the entrance proceeds while Rawhide got the benefit of concessions/beer/souvenir/etc. sales.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,922, Level: 73
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,729
    Points
    56,922
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 68

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    Pep rally was great! I was knew there would be a lot of people, but wow! Anyone concerned about attendance numbers, don't be, ISU is representing in Phoenix. A bunch of us must have been standing next to each other. I was standing in the beer line when all of sudden coach Rhoads came walking right in front of me followed by the team. I quickly had to decide whether to take a picture or shake his hand. I chose the shake.

    I got a ton of pics and shot some video with the new camera, which I'll try to post, but don't know if I have the time. Need food... shower... beer.... game...



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 103,364, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,447
    Points
    103,364
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 7

    Re: Post Pep Rally

    I gotta give credit to the DM Register. They have had some excellent coverage this week. Its just like they suddenly woke up and decided to care about ISU. They have some great photo albums, especially from the pep rally.

    ISU Insight Bowl Wednesday photos | Des Moines Register

    Last night it seems that Cy got in a gun fight with the sheriif and put a bullet through is heart.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
  • November 22, 2014
  • 02:30 PM