Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

Bears v. Vikes (MNF)

Surprised there wasn't some chatter about this one already, being as it's a matchup of the (arguably) two most popular NFL teams on this site. I think the Vikings get out of last week's funk in a big way. Say what you want about the Favre/Childress situation, but I think it's really been blown out of porportion. I think McKinnie's benching will be a good kick in the *** to a group that needs one in a big way. I think Favre will get more time to throw the ball, and the pass game will help open the run game. We need to see some more shotgun as well, if the Bears are able to get some pressure on Favre.

Vikes 31-13

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,856
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 45

Re: Bears v. Vikes (MNF)

They both suck. GO 'BOYS!!!

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Legend
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 403

Any game with a kick-off after 1 makes me nervous with the Vikes now.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 337
    Given: 427

Can we bet on a fist fight between Brent Farv and Brad childress on the sidelines?

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 123

I think the only chatter should be about how many pics Cutler is going to throw, and how many runs over 20 yds AP is going to get.

This may be worse than last week's Giants/Skins game.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Can we bet on a fist fight between Brent Farv and Brad childress on the sidelines?
    Chili? In a fist fight? Nah... there's too much risk involved. He'll give Favre the ball with 1:30 and let him try a game winning field goal.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 276

I think the Vikes will win the last 2. Bears are helpless and the Giants have nothing to play for and are coming apart at the seems after getting spanked at home by Carolina.

When I look at the 3 losses the Vikes have, I look to one thing that should be a concern, the running attack. Peterson was held to 69, 19 and 35 yards in those games. Still should have won the Steelers game if not for 2 fluky plays (poor pass protection with a fumble and a tipped ball that should have been caught). Arizona simply was clicking in the other and I'd bet the Vikes did not expect that out of Carolina and Matt Moore/Julius Peppers - a team that IMO, is playing like one of the 3 best NFC teams currently.

All 3 losses were on the road, Vikes won't play a road game until the NFC title game and may not even do that should they win out and the Saints lose - or if the Saints lose their playoff game.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I think the Vikes will win the last 2. Bears are helpless and the Giants have nothing to play for and are coming apart at the seems after getting spanked at home by Carolina.

When I look at the 3 losses the Vikes have, I look to one thing that should be a concern, the running attack. Peterson was held to 69, 19 and 35 yards in those games. Still should have won the Steelers game if not for 2 fluky plays (poor pass protection with a fumble and a tipped ball that should have been caught). Arizona simply was clicking in the other and I'd bet the Vikes did not expect that out of Carolina and Matt Moore/Julius Peppers - a team that IMO, is playing like one of the 3 best NFC teams currently.

All 3 losses were on the road, Vikes won't play a road game until the NFC title game and may not even do that should they win out and the Saints lose - or if the Saints lose their playoff game.
    You said it! The Vikings need to get back to running the football. AP wears teams down as the game goes on but for some reason he only got 12 carries last game. That in a game that they were winning going into the 4th quarter.

Home field advantage is huge for the Vikings and they need to win tonight. Your Cowboys are going to take care of the Eagles next week and than the Vikings will be set for a 1st round bye

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 434

As a lifelong rabid Bears fan, I will admit that I think tonight is the night AP (of the Vikes, not the original AP on Da Bears) busts out of his streak of less than 100 yard rushing games in a big way.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Surprised there wasn't some chatter about this one already, being as it's a matchup of the (arguably) two most popular NFL teams on this site. I think the Vikings get out of last week's funk in a big way. Say what you want about the Favre/Childress situation, but I think it's really been blown out of porportion. I think McKinnie's benching will be a good kick in the *** to a group that needs one in a big way. I think Favre will get more time to throw the ball, and the pass game will help open the run game. We need to see some more shotgun as well, if the Bears are able to get some pressure on Favre.

Vikes 31-13
    The Favre/Childress situation is a big yawner stirred up by ESPN trying to pump up ratings and Packer fans who can't get over their management blunders. I'm not going to get excited given the Viking's first back to back division titles in years coupled with as good of shot as anyone to make a run in the playoffs.

When it gets to the level of past QB-coach feuds, I'll pay attention to it. It doesn't even scratch the surface of the he goes or I go show down with Fran Tarkenton and Norm Van Brocklin. The dutchman won out and Tark was shipped off to the Giants and didn't return until NVB was gone.

Tommy Kramer and Jerry Burns has an much more public spat over play calling. The OC sent the same play in 5 straight times and Kramer audibled out of it 5 straight times. When the OC approached Kramer on the sideline, Kramer offered to give him his equipment if he wanted to go in and get himself killed with the plays that he was calling.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think there is a decent shot the Vikes get the top spot. Saints are reeling right now and Carolina is on a roll. The Panthers are also 4-3 at home and have a lot to play for, trying to get to .500. I'm guessing Peppers is very much looking forward to taking some shots at Brees. Should be a really good game.

As far as the decreased numbers for AP, a number of people want to blame Favre for the audibles, but frankly look at the plays when he does run the ball - it's just not there. Teams continue to stack the box against the Vikes and that line is not opening holes. A QB would be dumb not to change the play if it's clear it won't be a positive gain. IMO, I kinda think having AP not take so many hits works in their favor IF the line can get things shored up. AP should be completely at 100% for the playoffs.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Your Cowboys are going to take care of the Eagles next week
    Not likely.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Not likely.
    Lock of the year!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JBone84 View Post
    As a lifelong rabid Bears fan, I will admit that I think tonight is the night AP (of the Vikes, not the original AP on Da Bears) busts out of his streak of less than 100 yard rushing games in a big way.
    As a huge Vikes fan, I'd like to see nothing more than the Vikes roll via the passing game to Sid Rice, and see the defense get some big plays, while AP does nothing.

I'm in a very close fantasy match up (down by less than 2 pts) and have Sid Rice and the Vikings D starting against AP.

I'd rather the Vikes win, than win my fantasy match up, but who says a guy can't have his cake and eat it too.

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 337
    Given: 427

The Favre/Childress situation is a big yawner stirred up by ESPN trying to pump up ratings and Packer fans who can't get over their management blunders.
    I don't think the Pack fans (Myself and others) are hating anymore about having Aaron Rogers instead of Favre. Rogers has shown he is an elite QB.
    We just like seeing the Bears and Vikings in Termoil over anything. Thus when our former QB becomes a Viking and then fights the coach on the sidelines about minor things. We tend to make it bigger than what it is mainly to make Vikings fans defend Favre. I love making my brothers defend Favre when they have hated him for so long.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word